Saturday 22 September 2018

Isaiah 43

Some chapters should be offered without comment.
Isaiah 43 Fn Min Max Syll
וְעַתָּ֞ה כֹּֽה־אָמַ֤ר יְהוָה֙ בֹּרַאֲךָ֣ יַעֲקֹ֔ב וְיֹצֶרְךָ֖ יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל
אַל־תִּירָא֙ כִּ֣י גְאַלְתִּ֔יךָ קָרָ֥אתִי בְשִׁמְךָ֖ לִי־אָֽתָּה
1 So now, thus says Yahweh who created you, O Jacob, and who fashioned you, O Israel,
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you. I have called in your name. Mine, you are.
3e 4C 22
16
כִּֽי־תַעֲבֹ֤ר בַּמַּ֙יִם֙ אִתְּךָ־אָ֔נִי וּבַנְּהָר֖וֹת לֹ֣א יִשְׁטְפ֑וּךָ
כִּֽי־תֵלֵ֤ךְ בְּמוֹ־אֵשׁ֙ לֹ֣א תִכָּוֶ֔ה וְלֶהָבָ֖ה לֹ֥א תִבְעַר־בָּֽךְ
2 When you pass through the waters, with you I am, and in the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you go into a fire, you will not be branded, and to the flame, it will not kindle in you.
3e 4C 17
17
כִּ֗י אֲנִי֙ יְהוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֶ֔יךָ קְד֥וֹשׁ יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִׁיעֶ֑ךָ
נָתַ֤תִּי כָפְרְךָ֙ מִצְרַ֔יִם כּ֥וּשׁ וּסְבָ֖א תַּחְתֶּֽיךָ
3 ~ For I am Yahweh your God, the Holy One of Israel, your saviour.
I have given Egypt for your cover-price, Ethiopia and Seba, in stead of you.
3e 4C 18
14
מֵאֲשֶׁ֨ר יָקַ֧רְתָּ בְעֵינַ֛י נִכְבַּ֖דְתָּ וַאֲנִ֣י אֲהַבְתִּ֑יךָ
וְאֶתֵּ֤ן אָדָם֙ תַּחְתֶּ֔יךָ וּלְאֻמִּ֖ים תַּ֥חַת נַפְשֶֽׁךָ
4 From which you are precious in my sight. You are glorified, and I myself have loved you.
And I give humanity in stead of you, and tribes in stead of your very self.
3c 4C 19
16
אַל־תִּירָ֖א כִּ֣י אִתְּךָ־אָ֑נִי
מִמִּזְרָח֙ אָבִ֣יא זַרְעֶ֔ךָ וּמִֽמַּעֲרָ֖ב אֲקַבְּצֶֽךָּ
5 Do not fear for with you I am.
From the east, I will bring your seed, and from the west, I will collect you.
3e 4B 7
17
אֹמַ֤ר לַצָּפוֹן֙ תֵּ֔נִי וּלְתֵימָ֖ן אַל־תִּכְלָ֑אִי
הָבִ֤יאִי בָנַי֙ מֵרָח֔וֹק וּבְנוֹתַ֖י מִקְצֵ֥ה הָאָֽרֶץ
6 I will say to the north, Give. And to the south, Do not restrain.
Bring my sons from afar, my daughters from the extremity of the earth,
3e 4C 14
16
כֹּ֚ל הַנִּקְרָ֣א בִשְׁמִ֔י וְלִכְבוֹדִ֖י בְּרָאתִ֑יו
יְצַרְתִּ֖יו אַף־עֲשִׂיתִֽיו
7 C Everyone called in my name. And for my glory I have created him.
I have fashioned him. Indeed I have made him.
3e 4C 13
7
הוֹצִ֥יא עַם־עִוֵּ֖ר וְעֵינַ֣יִם יֵ֑שׁ
וְחֵרְשִׁ֖ים וְאָזְנַ֥יִם לָֽמוֹ
8 Bring out people who are blind, for there are eyes,
and the deaf, and ears for them.
3e 4B 9
8
כָּֽל־הַגּוֹיִ֞ם נִקְבְּצ֣וּ יַחְדָּ֗ו וְיֵאָֽסְפוּ֙ לְאֻמִּ֔ים מִ֤י בָהֶם֙ יַגִּ֣יד זֹ֔את וְרִֽאשֹׁנ֖וֹת יַשְׁמִיעֻ֑נוּ
יִתְּנ֤וּ עֵֽדֵיהֶם֙ וְיִצְדָּ֔קוּ וְיִשְׁמְע֖וּ וְיֹאמְר֥וּ אֱמֶֽת
9 Let all the nations be collected together, and let the tribes be gathered. Who among them can herald this and broadcast former things to us?
Let them give their witnesses, that they may be justified, and let them hear, and let them say, Truth.
3e 4C 30
18
אַתֶּ֤ם עֵדַי֙ נְאֻם־יְהוָ֔ה וְעַבְדִּ֖י אֲשֶׁ֣ר בָּחָ֑רְתִּי
לְמַ֣עַן תֵּ֠דְעוּ וְתַאֲמִ֨ינוּ לִ֤י וְתָבִ֙ינוּ֙ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֣י ה֔וּא לְפָנַי֙ לֹא־נ֣וֹצַר אֵ֔ל וְאַחֲרַ֖י לֹ֥א יִהְיֶֽה
10 You are my witnesses, an oracle of Yahweh, and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know, and you may believe me. And you will discern that I am he. Before me, God was not fashioned, and after me, there will be none.
3e 4C 16
31
אָנֹכִ֥י אָנֹכִ֖י יְהוָ֑ה
וְאֵ֥ין מִבַּלְעָדַ֖י מוֹשִֽׁיעַ
11 I, I am Yahweh,
and there is, apart from me, no saviour.
3e 4A 8
9
אָנֹכִ֞י הִגַּ֤דְתִּי וְהוֹשַׁ֙עְתִּי֙ וְהִשְׁמַ֔עְתִּי וְאֵ֥ין בָּכֶ֖ם זָ֑ר
וְאַתֶּ֥ם עֵדַ֛י נְאֻם־יְהוָ֖ה וַֽאֲנִי־אֵֽל
12 I, I announce, and I will save, and I broadcast, that there will be among you no estranged,
and you are my witnesses, an oracle of Yahweh, that I am God.
3d 4C 19
13
גַּם־מִיּוֹם֙ אֲנִ֣י ה֔וּא וְאֵ֥ין מִיָּדִ֖י מַצִּ֑יל
אֶפְעַ֖ל וּמִ֥י יְשִׁיבֶֽנָּה
13 Moreover from day, I am he, and there is none to deliver out of my hand.
I will work and who will turn it away?
3e 4B 13
8
כֹּֽה־אָמַ֧ר יְהוָ֛ה גֹּאַלְכֶ֖ם קְד֣וֹשׁ יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל
לְמַעַנְכֶ֞ם שִׁלַּ֣חְתִּי בָבֶ֗לָה וְהוֹרַדְתִּ֤י בָֽרִיחִים֙ כֻּלָּ֔ם וְכַשְׂדִּ֖ים בָּאֳנִיּ֥וֹת רִנָּתָֽם
14 Thus says Yahweh, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel,
For your sake I have sent toward Babel, and have brought down their fugitives, all of them, and the Chaldeans. In the ships is their shout.
3c 4C 13
29
אֲנִ֥י יְהוָ֖ה קְדֽוֹשְׁכֶ֑ם
בּוֹרֵ֥א יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מַלְכְּכֶֽם
15 I am Yahweh, your Holy One,
creator of Israel, your sovereign.
3e 4A 7
8
כֹּ֚ה אָמַ֣ר יְהוָ֔ה הַנּוֹתֵ֥ן בַּיָּ֖ם דָּ֑רֶךְ
וּבְמַ֥יִם עַזִּ֖ים נְתִיבָֽה
16 C Thus says Yahweh, who gives in the sea, a way,
and in the strong waters, a pathway,
3e 4C 12
7
הַמּוֹצִ֥יא רֶֽכֶב־וָס֖וּס חַ֣יִל וְעִזּ֑וּז
יַחְדָּ֤ו יִשְׁכְּבוּ֙ בַּל־יָק֔וּמוּ דָּעֲכ֖וּ כַּפִּשְׁתָּ֥ה כָבֽוּ
17 Who brings forth rider and horse, force and strength.
Together they lie down. They will not arise. They are extinguished, as flax is quenched.
3e 4C 12
17
אַֽל־תִּזְכְּר֖וּ רִֽאשֹׁנ֑וֹת
וְקַדְמֹנִיּ֖וֹת אַל־תִּתְבֹּנָֽנוּ
18 You will not remember former things,
and the things of old you will not discern.
3e 4A 7
10
הִנְנִ֨י עֹשֶׂ֤ה חֲדָשָׁה֙ עַתָּ֣ה תִצְמָ֔ח הֲל֖וֹא תֵֽדָע֑וּהָ
אַ֣ף אָשִׂ֤ים בַּמִּדְבָּר֙ דֶּ֔רֶךְ בִּֽישִׁמ֖וֹן נְהָרֽוֹת
19 Behold me doing a new thing. Now it will sprout. Will you not know it?
Also I will set up in the wilderness a way, in the wasteland, rivers.
3e 4C 17
14
תְּכַבְּדֵ֙נִי֙ חַיַּ֣ת הַשָּׂדֶ֔ה תַּנִּ֖ים וּבְנ֣וֹת יַֽעֲנָ֑ה
כִּֽי־נָתַ֨תִּי בַמִּדְבָּ֜ר מַ֗יִם נְהָרוֹת֙ בִּֽישִׁימֹ֔ן לְהַשְׁק֖וֹת עַמִּ֥י בְחִירִֽי
20 The animals of the field will glorify me, dragons and the daughters of an ostrich,
for I have given waters in the wilderness, rivers in the wasteland, to irrigate my people, my chosen.
3e 4B 16
21
עַם־זוּ֙ יָצַ֣רְתִּי לִ֔י תְּהִלָּתִ֖י יְסַפֵּֽרוּ 21 This people I have fashioned for me, my praise they will recount. 3e 4B 14
וְלֹא־אֹתִ֥י קָרָ֖אתָ יַֽעֲקֹ֑ב
כִּֽי־יָגַ֥עְתָּ בִּ֖י יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
22 But you have not called me, O Jacob,
for you have wearied me, O Israel.
3e 4A 9
7
לֹֽא־הֵבֵ֤יאתָ לִּי֙ שֵׂ֣ה עֹלֹתֶ֔יךָ וּזְבָחֶ֖יךָ לֹ֣א כִבַּדְתָּ֑נִי
לֹ֤א הֶעֱבַדְתִּ֙יךָ֙ בְּמִנְחָ֔ה וְלֹ֥א הוֹגַעְתִּ֖יךָ בִּלְבוֹנָֽה
23 You have not brought me the lamb of your burnt offerings, and with your sacrifices, you have not glorified me.
I have not made you serve with a gift, nor wearied you with frankincense.
3e 4C 18
18
לֹא־קָנִ֨יתָ לִּ֤י בַכֶּ֙סֶף֙ קָנֶ֔ה וְחֵ֥לֶב זְבָחֶ֖יךָ לֹ֣א הִרְוִיתָ֑נִי
אַ֗ךְ הֶעֱבַדְתַּ֙נִי֙ בְּחַטֹּאותֶ֔יךָ הוֹגַעְתַּ֖נִי בַּעֲוֺנֹתֶֽיךָ
24 You have not purchased calamus for me with silver, and with the gross fat of your offerings you have not saturated me,
but you have made me serve in your sins, and wearied me in your iniquities.
3e 4C 21
21
אָנֹכִ֨י אָנֹכִ֥י ה֛וּא מֹחֶ֥ה פְשָׁעֶ֖יךָ לְמַעֲנִ֑י
וְחַטֹּאתֶ֖יךָ לֹ֥א אֶזְכֹּֽר
25 I, I am he who wipes out your transgression for my sake,
and your sins, I will not remember.
3d 4A 17
8
הַזְכִּירֵ֕נִי נִשָּׁפְטָ֖ה יָ֑חַד
סַפֵּ֥ר אַתָּ֖ה לְמַ֥עַן תִּצְדָּֽק
26 Remember me. Let us judge together.
Recount, yourself, so you may be justified.
3e 4A 9
9
אָבִ֥יךָ הָרִאשׁ֖וֹן חָטָ֑א
וּמְלִיצֶ֖יךָ פָּ֥שְׁעוּ בִֽי
27 Your first father sinned,
and your translators have transgressed against me.
3e 4A 8
7
וַאֲחַלֵּ֖ל שָׂ֣רֵי קֹ֑דֶשׁ
וְאֶתְּנָ֤ה לַחֵ֙רֶם֙ יַעֲקֹ֔ב וְיִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל לְגִדּוּפִֽים
28 So I have profaned the chiefs of the sanctuary,
and I have given to utter destruction, Jacob, and Israel to reviling.
3e 4C 8
17


No comments:

Post a Comment