Thursday 4 October 2018

Leviticus 26

It has been a long time since we did any Leviticus. (And I thought 6 months ago that we would soon finish it.) This section reads like the treaty of Deuteronomy 28, a summary of consequences. These trade agreements (and ancient treaties) really do prey on fears and desires. But note the reciprocal measures, also as if God operates in the human according as the human operates in the grace of the commandment. (Make no mistake, Pauline interpreters, there is a given prevenient grace here as much as anywhere else.)

The rhetoric of verse 10 is terse. JB and NIV both have wordy interpretations. Old store is interpreted as last year's harvest. And new as this year's harvest. But the explanation is prosaic. ישׁן is the harvest sleeping. I replaced the 3 uses (Deut 28, Prov 6 and 10) of the gloss store with stockpile for אגר to let old store and stored stand only for ישׁן in its sleepy metaphor.

Compromises are creeping into my rules! I see I have allowed עשה and נתן to share the gloss make. O well! Some rules were made to be broken in the last mile of a race. I can always go back and revisit them when I have finished the course. Not all rules are good for ever.

Verse 21 introduces a word used only in this chapter, קרי. I will keep it separate though it is derived from קרה.

Verse 26, מטה the branch of bread. The sense of departmentalization and system is already here in these ancient times. It is a subdivision that transcends the tribal units. Everybody has ovens, mills, flour, dough, and bread makers. I have separated this stem from the gloss staff which is also applied to שׁען. And separated these from the stem שׁבט, sceptre. All of these could easily (and do in other traditional renderings) merge into each other from the point of view of a symbol of rule. I wonder, when we are done, will my separation lead to the possibility of teasing out nuance in the Hebrew rather than mushing the words together. When we are going to have a foundation for say, historical theology, perhaps we should not have everything mushed together. We have plenty of trouble without starting with mush. What is worse than mush is the imposition of a theology say, of punishment, onto the text without any warrant in the text. I submit that the KJV has done just that, continuing a tradition from the Latin and probably the Greek as well.

I wrote that before I read verse 41 where punishment is introduced into the text and there is no word for it anywhere in the verse. It is not just that a half-dozen stems are sometimes rendered punish, but also that at least once punish is pulled out of thin air. This rank prejudice of the history of translation about God as punishing cannot have been good for the raising of children in any generation.

Leviticus 26 Fn Min Max Syll
לֹֽא־תַעֲשׂ֨וּ לָכֶ֜ם אֱלִילִ֗ם וּפֶ֤סֶל וּמַצֵּבָה֙ לֹֽא־תָקִ֣ימוּ לָכֶ֔ם וְאֶ֣בֶן מַשְׂכִּ֗ית לֹ֤א תִתְּנוּ֙ בְּאַרְצְכֶ֔ם לְהִֽשְׁתַּחֲוֺ֖ת עָלֶ֑יהָ
כִּ֛י אֲנִ֥י יְהוָ֖ה אֱלֹהֵיכֶֽם
1 You will not make for yourselves what is good for nothing or a graven image and a monument you will not place for yourselves, and an iconic stone you will not permit in your land to worship over it,
for I am Yahweh your God.
3d 4C 40
9
אֶת־שַׁבְּתֹתַ֣י תִּשְׁמֹ֔רוּ וּמִקְדָּשִׁ֖י תִּירָ֑אוּ
אֲנִ֖י יְהוָֽה
2 My Sabbaths you will keep and my Holiness you will fear.
I am Yahweh.
3e 4B 14
4
אִם־בְּחֻקֹּתַ֖י תֵּלֵ֑כוּ
וְאֶת־מִצְוֺתַ֣י תִּשְׁמְר֔וּ וַעֲשִׂיתֶ֖ם אֹתָֽם
3 If in my statutes you walk,
and my commandments you keep and do them,
3e 4B 8
14
וְנָתַתִּ֥י גִשְׁמֵיכֶ֖ם בְּעִתָּ֑ם
וְנָתְנָ֤ה הָאָ֙רֶץ֙ יְבוּלָ֔הּ וְעֵ֥ץ הַשָּׂדֶ֖ה יִתֵּ֥ן פִּרְיֽוֹ
4 I will give showers in their time,
and the land will give her produce, and the tree of the field will give its fruit.
3e 4C 10
18
וְהִשִּׂ֨יג לָכֶ֥ם דַּ֙יִשׁ֙ אֶת־בָּצִ֔יר וּבָצִ֖יר יַשִּׂ֣יג אֶת־זָ֑רַע
וַאֲכַלְתֶּ֤ם לַחְמְכֶם֙ לָשֹׂ֔בַע וִֽישַׁבְתֶּ֥ם לָבֶ֖טַח בְּאַרְצְכֶֽם
5 And your threshing will overtake grape-gathering, and grape-gathering will overtake seeding,
and you will eat your bread to satiation, and you will settle in trust in your land.
3e 4C 18
20
וְנָתַתִּ֤י שָׁלוֹם֙ בָּאָ֔רֶץ וּשְׁכַבְתֶּ֖ם וְאֵ֣ין מַחֲרִ֑יד
וְהִשְׁבַּתִּ֞י חַיָּ֤ה רָעָה֙ מִן־הָאָ֔רֶץ וְחֶ֖רֶב לֹא־תַעֲבֹ֥ר בְּאַרְצְכֶֽם
6 And I will give peace in the land, and you will lie down and none will make you apprehensive.
And I will eradicate hurtful life from the land, and a sword will not pass through your land.
3e 4C 17
22
וּרְדַפְתֶּ֖ם אֶת־אֹיְבֵיכֶ֑ם
וְנָפְל֥וּ לִפְנֵיכֶ֖ם לֶחָֽרֶב
7 And you will pursue your enemies,
and they will fall before you by the sword.
3e 4A 7
9
וְרָדְפ֨וּ מִכֶּ֤ם חֲמִשָּׁה֙ מֵאָ֔ה וּמֵאָ֥ה מִכֶּ֖ם רְבָבָ֣ה יִרְדֹּ֑פוּ
וְנָפְל֧וּ אֹיְבֵיכֶ֛ם לִפְנֵיכֶ֖ם לֶחָֽרֶב
8 And five from you will pursue a hundred, one hundred from you will pursue ten thousand,
and your enemies will fall before you by the sword.
3c 4C 21
12
וּפָנִ֣יתִי אֲלֵיכֶ֔ם וְהִפְרֵיתִ֣י אֶתְכֶ֔ם וְהִרְבֵּיתִ֖י אֶתְכֶ֑ם
וַהֲקִימֹתִ֥י אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֖י אִתְּכֶֽם
9 And I will show preference to you, and I will make you fruitful and will increase you,
and I will raise up my covenant with you.
3e 4B 19
11
וַאֲכַלְתֶּ֥ם יָשָׁ֖ן נוֹשָׁ֑ן
וְיָשָׁ֕ן מִפְּנֵ֥י חָדָ֖שׁ תּוֹצִֽיאוּ
10 And you will eat the old store, stored,
and old store in the presence of the new, you will bring forth.
3e 4A 8
10
וְנָתַתִּ֥י מִשְׁכָּנִ֖י בְּתוֹכְכֶ֑ם
וְלֹֽא־תִגְעַ֥ל נַפְשִׁ֖י אֶתְכֶֽם
11 I will give my dwelling in your midst,
and my very self will not loathe you.
3e 4A 10
8
וְהִתְהַלַּכְתִּי֙ בְּת֣וֹכְכֶ֔ם וְהָיִ֥יתִי לָכֶ֖ם לֵֽאלֹהִ֑ים
וְאַתֶּ֖ם תִּהְיוּ־לִ֥י לְעָֽם
12 And I will walk in your midst and I will be your God.
And you will be my people.
3e 4B 17
8
אֲנִ֞י יְהוָ֣ה אֱלֹֽהֵיכֶ֗ם אֲשֶׁ֨ר הוֹצֵ֤אתִי אֶתְכֶם֙ מֵאֶ֣רֶץ מִצְרַ֔יִם מִֽהְיֹ֥ת לָהֶ֖ם עֲבָדִ֑ים
וָאֶשְׁבֹּר֙ מֹטֹ֣ת עֻלְּכֶ֔ם וָאוֹלֵ֥ךְ אֶתְכֶ֖ם קֽוֹמְמִיּֽוּת
13 I am Yahweh your God who brought out you from the land of Egypt, from being their slaves.
And I have shattered the crosspiece of your shackles, and led you, arisen.
3e 4C 27
15
וְאִם־לֹ֥א תִשְׁמְע֖וּ לִ֑י
וְלֹ֣א תַעֲשׂ֔וּ אֵ֥ת כָּל־הַמִּצְוֺ֖ת הָאֵֽלֶּה
14 But if you will not hear me,
and will not do all these commandments.
3e 4B 7
13
וְאִם־בְּחֻקֹּתַ֣י תִּמְאָ֔סוּ וְאִ֥ם אֶת־מִשְׁפָּטַ֖י תִּגְעַ֣ל נַפְשְׁכֶ֑ם
לְבִלְתִּ֤י עֲשׂוֹת֙ אֶת־כָּל־מִצְוֺתַ֔י לְהַפְרְכֶ֖ם אֶת־בְּרִיתִֽי
15 But if my statutes you refuse, and if my judgments your very selves loathe,
so as not do all my commandments, to thwart my covenant,
3e 4C 20
18
אַף־אֲנִ֞י אֶֽעֱשֶׂה־זֹּ֣את לָכֶ֗ם וְהִפְקַדְתִּ֨י עֲלֵיכֶ֤ם בֶּֽהָלָה֙ אֶת־הַשַּׁחֶ֣פֶת וְאֶת־הַקַּדַּ֔חַת מְכַלּ֥וֹת עֵינַ֖יִם וּמְדִיבֹ֣ת נָ֑פֶשׁ
וּזְרַעְתֶּ֤ם לָרִיק֙ זַרְעֲכֶ֔ם וַאֲכָלֻ֖הוּ אֹיְבֵיכֶֽם
16 Also I, I will do this for you. I will visit against you vexation, consumption, and delirium, to consume eyes and to sap integrity,
and you will sow empty your seed, and your enemies will eat it.
3e 4C 40
16
וְנָתַתִּ֤י פָנַי֙ בָּכֶ֔ם וְנִגַּפְתֶּ֖ם לִפְנֵ֣י אֹיְבֵיכֶ֑ם
וְרָד֤וּ בָכֶם֙ שֹֽׂנְאֵיכֶ֔ם וְנַסְתֶּ֖ם וְאֵין־רֹדֵ֥ף אֶתְכֶֽם
17 I will position my face among you, and you will be plagued before your enemies.
And they who hate you will rule among you. And you will withdraw when there is no one pursuing you.
3e 4C 17
17
וְאִ֨ם־עַד־אֵ֔לֶּה לֹ֥א תִשְׁמְע֖וּ לִ֑י
וְיָסַפְתִּי֙ לְיַסְּרָ֣ה אֶתְכֶ֔ם שֶׁ֖בַע עַל־חַטֹּאתֵיכֶֽם
18 And if through these things you do not hear me,
then I will again chasten you seven times over your sins.
3e 4B 10
16
וְשָׁבַרְתִּ֖י אֶת־גְּא֣וֹן עֻזְּכֶ֑ם
וְנָתַתִּ֤י אֶת־שְׁמֵיכֶם֙ כַּבַּרְזֶ֔ל וְאֶֽת־אַרְצְכֶ֖ם כַּנְּחֻשָֽׁה
19 And I will break the pride of your strength,
and I will give your heavens as iron and your land as brass.
3e 4C 9
19
וְתַ֥ם לָרִ֖יק כֹּחֲכֶ֑ם
וְלֹֽא־תִתֵּ֤ן אַרְצְכֶם֙ אֶת־יְבוּלָ֔הּ וְעֵ֣ץ הָאָ֔רֶץ לֹ֥א יִתֵּ֖ן פִּרְיֽוֹ
20 And your power will be completely empty.
And your land will not yield her produce nor the tree of the land yield its fruit.
3e 4C 7
20
וְאִם־תֵּֽלְכ֤וּ עִמִּי֙ קֶ֔רִי וְלֹ֥א תֹאב֖וּ לִשְׁמֹ֣עַֽ לִ֑י
וְיָסַפְתִּ֤י עֲלֵיכֶם֙ מַכָּ֔ה שֶׁ֖בַע כְּחַטֹּאתֵיכֶֽם
21 And if you walk contrary with me and you are not amenable to hear me,
then I will again strike against you seven times according to your sins.
3e 4C 16
16
וְהִשְׁלַחְתִּ֨י בָכֶ֜ם אֶת־חַיַּ֤ת הַשָּׂדֶה֙ וְשִׁכְּלָ֣ה אֶתְכֶ֔ם וְהִכְרִ֙יתָה֙ אֶת־בְּהֶמְתְּכֶ֔ם וְהִמְעִ֖יטָה אֶתְכֶ֑ם
וְנָשַׁ֖מּוּ דַּרְכֵיכֶֽם
22 And I will set loose among you the animals of the field, and they will bereave you, and cut off your cattle, and decrease you.
And your ways will be desolate.
3e 4C 32
7
וְאִ֨ם־בְּאֵ֔לֶּה לֹ֥א תִוָּסְר֖וּ לִ֑י
וַהֲלַכְתֶּ֥ם עִמִּ֖י קֶֽרִי
23 And if in these you will not be chastened for me,
and you will walk contrary with me,
3e 4A 10
8
וְהָלַכְתִּ֧י אַף־אֲנִ֛י עִמָּכֶ֖ם בְּקֶ֑רִי
וְהִכֵּיתִ֤י אֶתְכֶם֙ גַּם־אָ֔נִי שֶׁ֖בַע עַל־חַטֹּאתֵיכֶֽם
24 Then I myself also will walk with you in contrariness.
And I will strike you, even I, seven times, over your sins.
3c 4C 13
16
וְהֵבֵאתִ֨י עֲלֵיכֶ֜ם חֶ֗רֶב נֹקֶ֙מֶת֙ נְקַם־בְּרִ֔ית וְנֶאֱסַפְתֶּ֖ם אֶל־עָרֵיכֶ֑ם
וְשִׁלַּ֤חְתִּי דֶ֙בֶר֙ בְּת֣וֹכְכֶ֔ם וְנִתַּתֶּ֖ם בְּיַד־אוֹיֵֽב
25 And I will bring against you a sword, to revenge the vengeance of a covenant, and when you are again at your cities,
then I will send pestilence in your midst, and you will be given into the hand of an enemy.
3e 4C 25
17
בְּשִׁבְרִ֣י לָכֶם֮ מַטֵּה־לֶחֶם֒ וְ֠אָפוּ עֶ֣שֶׂר נָשִׁ֤ים לַחְמְכֶם֙ בְּתַנּ֣וּר אֶחָ֔ד וְהֵשִׁ֥יבוּ לַחְמְכֶ֖ם בַּמִּשְׁקָ֑ל
וַאֲכַלְתֶּ֖ם וְלֹ֥א תִשְׂבָּֽעוּ
26 When I break your branch of bread, then ten women will bake your bread in one oven, and they will return your bread by weight.
And you will eat and you will not be satisfied.
3e 4C 34
9
וְאִ֨ם־בְּזֹ֔את לֹ֥א תִשְׁמְע֖וּ לִ֑י
וַהֲלַכְתֶּ֥ם עִמִּ֖י בְּקֶֽרִי
27 But if in this you will not hear me,
and you will walk with me in contrariness,
3e 4A 9
9
וְהָלַכְתִּ֥י עִמָּכֶ֖ם בַּחֲמַת־קֶ֑רִי
וְיִסַּרְתִּ֤י אֶתְכֶם֙ אַף־אָ֔נִי שֶׁ֖בַע עַל־חַטֹּאתֵיכֶם
28 Then I will walk with you in the heat of contrariness.
And I will chasten you, indeed I, seven times over your sins.
3e 4C 12
16
וַאֲכַלְתֶּ֖ם בְּשַׂ֣ר בְּנֵיכֶ֑ם
וּבְשַׂ֥ר בְּנֹתֵיכֶ֖ם תֹּאכֵֽלוּ
29 And you will eat the flesh of your sons,
and the flesh of your daughters, you will eat.
3e 4B 9
9
וְהִשְׁמַדְתִּ֞י אֶת־בָּמֹֽתֵיכֶ֗ם וְהִכְרַתִּי֙ אֶת־חַמָּ֣נֵיכֶ֔ם וְנָֽתַתִּי֙ אֶת־פִּגְרֵיכֶ֔ם עַל־פִּגְרֵ֖י גִּלּוּלֵיכֶ֑ם
וְגָעֲלָ֥ה נַפְשִׁ֖י אֶתְכֶֽם
30 And I will exterminate your high places, and I will cut off your sun-pillars, and I will consign your carcasses over the carcasses of your figurines,
and my very self will loathe you.
3e 4B 33
8
וְנָתַתִּ֤י אֶת־עָֽרֵיכֶם֙ חָרְבָּ֔ה וַהֲשִׁמּוֹתִ֖י אֶת־מִקְדְּשֵׁיכֶ֑ם
וְלֹ֣א אָרִ֔יחַ בְּרֵ֖יחַ נִיחֹֽחֲכֶֽם
31 And I will consign your cities to desert, and I will desolate your sanctuaries,
and I will not smell the restful fragrance.
3e 4C 20
12
וַהֲשִׁמֹּתִ֥י אֲנִ֖י אֶת־הָאָ֑רֶץ
וְשָֽׁמְמ֤וּ עָלֶ֙יהָ֙ אֹֽיְבֵיכֶ֔ם הַיֹּשְׁבִ֖ים בָּֽהּ
32 And I myself will desolate the land.
And your enemies, those settled in her, will be appalled over her.
3e 4C 11
13
וְאֶתְכֶם֙ אֱזָרֶ֣ה בַגּוֹיִ֔ם וַהֲרִיקֹתִ֥י אַחֲרֵיכֶ֖ם חָ֑רֶב
וְהָיְתָ֤ה אַרְצְכֶם֙ שְׁמָמָ֔ה וְעָרֵיכֶ֖ם יִהְי֥וּ חָרְבָּֽה
33 And you, I will sift in the nations, and will bare after you a sword,
and your land will be desolate, and your cities will be desert.
3e 4C 20
17
אָז֩ תִּרְצֶ֨ה הָאָ֜רֶץ אֶת־שַׁבְּתֹתֶ֗יהָ כֹּ֚ל יְמֵ֣י הֳשַׁמָּ֔ה וְאַתֶּ֖ם בְּאֶ֣רֶץ אֹיְבֵיכֶ֑ם
אָ֚ז תִּשְׁבַּ֣ת הָאָ֔רֶץ וְהִרְצָ֖ת אֶת־שַׁבְּתֹתֶֽיהָ
34 Then the land will accept her Sabbaths all the days of her desolation, and you, in the land of your enemies.
Then the land will keep sabbath and accept her Sabbaths.
3e 4C 26
14
כָּל־יְמֵ֥י הָשַּׁמָּ֖ה תִּשְׁבֹּ֑ת
אֵ֣ת אֲשֶׁ֧ר לֹֽא־שָׁבְתָ֛ה בְּשַׁבְּתֹתֵיכֶ֖ם בְּשִׁבְתְּכֶ֥ם עָלֶֽיהָ
35 All the days of her desolation she will keep sabbath,
though she kept no sabbath in your Sabbaths, when you inhabited over her.
3c 4B 8
18
וְהַנִּשְׁאָרִ֣ים בָּכֶ֔ם וְהֵבֵ֤אתִי מֹ֙רֶךְ֙ בִּלְבָבָ֔ם בְּאַרְצֹ֖ת אֹיְבֵיהֶ֑ם
וְרָדַ֣ף אֹתָ֗ם ק֚וֹל עָלֶ֣ה נִדָּ֔ף וְנָס֧וּ מְנֻֽסַת־חֶ֛רֶב וְנָפְל֖וּ וְאֵ֥ין רֹדֵֽף
36 And those who are residue among you, I will bring a flustering into their heart in the lands of their enemies.
And the voice of a wind-blown leaf will pursue them, and they will withdraw as if withdrawing from a sword, and they will fall when there is no one pursuing.
3c 4C 22
25
וְכָשְׁל֧וּ אִישׁ־בְּאָחִ֛יו כְּמִפְּנֵי־חֶ֖רֶב וְרֹדֵ֣ף אָ֑יִן
וְלֹא־תִֽהְיֶ֤ה לָכֶם֙ תְּקוּמָ֔ה לִפְנֵ֖י אֹֽיְבֵיכֶֽם
37 And they will stumble, each over his kin, as before a sword, and there is no pursuit.
And there will be no place for you before your enemies.
3c 4C 16
14
וַאֲבַדְתֶּ֖ם בַּגּוֹיִ֑ם
וְאָכְלָ֣ה אֶתְכֶ֔ם אֶ֖רֶץ אֹיְבֵיכֶֽם
38 And you will perish among the nations,
and the land of your enemies will devour you.
3e 4B 7
10
וְהַנִּשְׁאָרִ֣ים בָּכֶ֗ם יִמַּ֙קּוּ֙ בַּֽעֲוֺנָ֔ם בְּאַרְצֹ֖ת אֹיְבֵיכֶ֑ם
וְאַ֛ף בַּעֲוֺנֹ֥ת אֲבֹתָ֖ם אִתָּ֥ם יִמָּֽקּוּ
39 And the residue among you will rot in their iniquity in the land of your enemies,
and indeed in the iniquities of their ancestors with them, they will rot.
3d 4B 20
14
וְהִתְוַדּ֤וּ אֶת־עֲוֺנָם֙ וְאֶת־עֲוֺ֣ן אֲבֹתָ֔ם בְּמַעֲלָ֖ם אֲשֶׁ֣ר מָֽעֲלוּ־בִ֑י
וְאַ֕ף אֲשֶׁר־הָֽלְכ֥וּ עִמִּ֖י בְּקֶֽרִי
40 Then they will confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their ancestors, in their trespasses that they trespassed against me,
and indeed that they walked with me in contrariness.
3e 4C 25
11
אַף־אֲנִ֗י אֵלֵ֤ךְ עִמָּם֙ בְּקֶ֔רִי וְהֵבֵאתִ֣י אֹתָ֔ם בְּאֶ֖רֶץ אֹיְבֵיהֶ֑ם
אוֹ־אָ֣ז יִכָּנַ֗ע לְבָבָם֙ הֶֽעָרֵ֔ל וְאָ֖ז יִרְצ֥וּ אֶת־עֲוֺנָֽם
41 Also I myself walked with them in contrariness, and I will bring them into the land of their enemies.
If then their fore-skinned heart be subdued, and then they accept their iniquity,
3e 4C 22
19
וְזָכַרְתִּ֖י אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֣י יַעֲק֑וֹב
וְאַף֩ אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֨י יִצְחָ֜ק וְאַ֨ף אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֧י אַבְרָהָ֛ם אֶזְכֹּ֖ר וְהָאָ֥רֶץ אֶזְכֹּֽר
42 Then I will remember my covenant with Jacob,
and also my covenant with Yitschaq, and also my covenant with Abraham I will remember, and the land, I will remember.
3c 4B 11
25
וְהָאָרֶץ֩ תֵּעָזֵ֨ב מֵהֶ֜ם וְתִ֣רֶץ אֶת־שַׁבְּתֹתֶ֗יהָ בָּהְשַׁמָּה֙ מֵהֶ֔ם וְהֵ֖ם יִרְצ֣וּ אֶת־עֲוֺנָ֑ם
יַ֣עַן וּבְיַ֔עַן בְּמִשְׁפָּטַ֣י מָאָ֔סוּ וְאֶת־חֻקֹּתַ֖י גָּעֲלָ֥ה נַפְשָֽׁם
43 And the land will be forsaken by them, and will accept her Sabbaths, in her desolation without them. And they, they will accept their iniquity,
because, and because, my judgments they refused, and their very selves loathed my statutes.
3e 4B 30
22
וְאַף־גַּם־זֹ֠את בִּֽהְיוֹתָ֞ם בְּאֶ֣רֶץ אֹֽיְבֵיהֶ֗ם לֹֽא־מְאַסְתִּ֤ים וְלֹֽא־גְעַלְתִּים֙ לְכַלֹּתָ֔ם לְהָפֵ֥ר בְּרִיתִ֖י אִתָּ֑ם
כִּ֛י אֲנִ֥י יְהוָ֖ה אֱלֹהֵיהֶֽם
44 And indeed even this, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not refuse them and I will not loathe them to consume them, to thwart my covenant with them,
for I am Yahweh their God.
3d 4C 34
9
וְזָכַרְתִּ֥י לָהֶ֖ם בְּרִ֣ית רִאשֹׁנִ֑ים
אֲשֶׁ֣ר הוֹצֵֽאתִי־אֹתָם֩ מֵאֶ֨רֶץ מִצְרַ֜יִם לְעֵינֵ֣י הַגּוֹיִ֗ם לִהְיֹ֥ת לָהֶ֛ם לֵאלֹהִ֖ים אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
45 But I will remember for them the covenant of former times,
that I brought them out from the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God. I am Yahweh.
3d 4B 11
28
אֵ֠לֶּה הַֽחֻקִּ֣ים וְהַמִּשְׁפָּטִים֮ וְהַתּוֹרֹת֒ אֲשֶׁר֙ נָתַ֣ן יְהוָ֔ה בֵּינ֕וֹ וּבֵ֖ין בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל
בְּהַ֥ר סִינַ֖י בְּיַד־מֹשֶֽׁה
46 ~ These are the statutes, and the judgments, and the instructions, that Yahweh gave between himself and the children of Israel,
on mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.
3e 4B 29
8


No comments:

Post a Comment