Saturday 26 May 2018

Ezekiel 38

O what fun, Gog and Magog. Note the allusion in Psalm 120

Woe to me for I am guest in a charade.
I dwell in tents of blackness..


We saw the choosing of soft targets by Dan in Judges 18 yesterday. Here we have a warning against doing such things.

A question about the character of Yahweh. Does he usually promote himself or is he self-effacing, hiding in the interstices of things? How should such a presence be confronted?

For pearls of the One, cf chapter 13.

Ezekiel 38 Fn Min Max Syll
וַיְהִ֥י דְבַר־יְהוָ֖ה אֵלַ֥י לֵאמֹֽר 1 And the word of Yahweh happened to me, saying, 3e 3g 10
בֶּן־אָדָ֗ם שִׂ֤ים פָּנֶ֙יךָ֙ אֶל־גּוֹג֙ אֶ֣רֶץ הַמָּג֔וֹג נְשִׂ֕יא רֹ֖אשׁ מֶ֣שֶׁךְ וְתֻבָ֑ל
וְהִנָּבֵ֖א עָלָֽיו
2 Child of humanity, Set your face to Gog, the land of the Magog, principal preeminent of Charade and World,
and prophesy against it.
3e 4C 22
6
וְאָ֣מַרְתָּ֔ כֹּ֥ה אָמַ֖ר אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֑ה
הִנְנִ֤י אֵלֶ֙יךָ֙ גּ֔וֹג נְשִׂ֕יא רֹ֖אשׁ מֶ֥שֶׁךְ וְתֻבָֽל
3 And say, Thus says my Lord Yahweh,
Behold me against you, Gog, principal preeminent of Charade and World.
3e 4C 12
14
וְשׁ֣וֹבַבְתִּ֔יךָ וְנָתַתִּ֥י חַחִ֖ים בִּלְחָיֶ֑יךָ
וְהוֹצֵאתִי֩ אוֹתְךָ֨ וְאֶת־כָּל־חֵילֶ֜ךָ סוּסִ֣ים וּפָרָשִׁ֗ים לְבֻשֵׁ֤י מִכְלוֹל֙ כֻּלָּ֔ם קָהָ֥ל רָב֙ צִנָּ֣ה וּמָגֵ֔ן תֹּפְשֵׂ֥י חֲרָב֖וֹת כֻּלָּֽם
4 And I will have you restored,
and I will position thorns in your cheeks, and I will bring you forth and all your force, horses and cavaliers, clothed with perfection, all of them a vast congregation of grappling hook and shield, swords taken up, all of them,
3e 4C 15
40
פָּרַ֛ס כּ֥וּשׁ וּפ֖וּט אִתָּ֑ם
כֻּלָּ֖ם מָגֵ֥ן וְכוֹבָֽע
5 Persia, Cush, and Put, with them,
all of them with shield and helmet,
3d 4A 7
7
גֹּ֚מֶר וְכָל־אֲגַפֶּ֔יהָ בֵּ֚ית תּֽוֹגַרְמָ֔ה יַרְכְּתֵ֥י צָפ֖וֹן וְאֶת־כָּל־אֲגַפָּ֑יו
עַמִּ֥ים רַבִּ֖ים אִתָּֽךְ
6 C Gomer and all its legions, the house of Togarmah of the flanks of the north, and all its legions,
many peoples with you.
3e 4C 23
6
הִכֹּן֙ וְהָכֵ֣ן לְךָ֔ אַתָּ֕ה וְכָל־קְהָלֶ֖ךָ הַנִּקְהָלִ֣ים עָלֶ֑יךָ
וְהָיִ֥יתָ לָהֶ֖ם לְמִשְׁמָֽר
7 Be prepared, and prepare for yourself, you and all your congregation that are convened to you,
and you will be their guard.
3e 4B 22
9
מִיָּמִ֣ים רַבִּים֮ תִּפָּקֵד֒ בְּאַחֲרִ֨ית הַשָּׁנִ֜ים תָּב֣וֹא ׀ אֶל־אֶ֣רֶץ ׀ מְשׁוֹבֶ֣בֶת מֵחֶ֗רֶב מְקֻבֶּ֙צֶת֙ מֵעַמִּ֣ים רַבִּ֔ים עַ֚ל הָרֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל אֲשֶׁר־הָי֥וּ לְחָרְבָּ֖ה תָּמִ֑יד
וְהִיא֙ מֵעַמִּ֣ים הוּצָ֔אָה וְיָשְׁב֥וּ לָבֶ֖טַח כֻּלָּֽם
8 After many days you will be conscripted. In the following years, you will come to a land turned back from sword, collected from many peoples against the mountains of Israel (that were desert continually),
but it has emerged from peoples, and they have settled in trust, all of them.
3e 4C 51
16
וְעָלִ֙יתָ֙ כַּשֹּׁאָ֣ה תָב֔וֹא כֶּעָנָ֛ן לְכַסּ֥וֹת הָאָ֖רֶץ תִּֽהְיֶ֑ה
אַתָּה֙ וְכָל־אֲגַפֶּ֔יךָ וְעַמִּ֥ים רַבִּ֖ים אוֹתָֽךְ
9 And you will ascend. As ruin, you will come. As a cloud to cover the earth, you will be,
you and all your legions and many peoples with you.
3d 4B 20
15
כֹּ֥ה אָמַ֖ר אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֑ה
וְהָיָ֣ה ׀ בַּיּ֣וֹם הַה֗וּא יַעֲל֤וּ דְבָרִים֙ עַל־לְבָבֶ֔ךָ וְחָשַׁבְתָּ֖ מַחֲשֶׁ֥בֶת רָעָֽה
10 f Thus says my Lord Yahweh,
And it will happen in that day, things will come up in your heart, and you will devise devices for evil.
3e 4C 8
28
וְאָמַרְתָּ֗ אֶֽעֱלֶה֙ עַל־אֶ֣רֶץ פְּרָז֔וֹת אָבוֹא֙ הַשֹּׁ֣קְטִ֔ים יֹשְׁבֵ֖י לָבֶ֑טַח
כֻּלָּ֗ם יֹֽשְׁבִים֙ בְּאֵ֣ין חוֹמָ֔ה וּבְרִ֥יחַ וּדְלָתַ֖יִם אֵ֥ין לָהֶֽם
11 And you will say, I will ascend to the land of hamlets. I will go into those who are quiet, settled in trust,
all of them inhabited, without walls or bars or portals. There are none for them.
3e 4B 23
17
לִשְׁלֹ֥ל שָׁלָ֖ל וְלָבֹ֣ז בַּ֑ז
לְהָשִׁ֨יב יָדְךָ֜ עַל־חֳרָב֣וֹת נוֹשָׁבֹ֗ת וְאֶל־עַם֙ מְאֻסָּ֣ף מִגּוֹיִ֔ם עֹשֶׂה֙ מִקְנֶ֣ה וְקִנְיָ֔ן יֹשְׁבֵ֖י עַל־טַבּ֥וּר הָאָֽרֶץ
12 As spoiler of spoil and looter of loot,
to turn your hand on the inhabited desert and people gathered from the nations, who have dealt in livestock and purchases, that inhabit over the midpoint of the land.
3e 4B 8
36
שְׁבָ֡א וּ֠דְדָן וְסֹחֲרֵ֨י תַרְשִׁ֤ישׁ וְכָל־כְּפִרֶ֙יהָ֙ יֹאמְר֣וּ לְךָ֔ הֲלִשְׁלֹ֤ל שָׁלָל֙ אַתָּ֣ה בָ֔א הֲלָבֹ֥ז בַּ֖ז הִקְהַ֣לְתָּ קְהָלֶ֑ךָ
לָשֵׂ֣את ׀ כֶּ֣סֶף וְזָהָ֗ב לָקַ֙חַת֙ מִקְנֶ֣ה וְקִנְיָ֔ן לִשְׁלֹ֖ל שָׁלָ֥ל גָּדֽוֹל
13 Sheba and Duddan, and the vendors of Tarshish, and all her young lions, will say to you, To spoil spoil, have you come? To loot loot, have you convened your congregation?
To bear away silver and gold? To lay hold of livestock and purchases, as the spoiler of great spoil?
3e 4C 39
21
לָכֵן֙ הִנָּבֵ֣א בֶן־אָדָ֔ם וְאָמַרְתָּ֣ לְג֔וֹג כֹּ֥ה אָמַ֖ר אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֑ה
הֲל֣וֹא ׀ בַּיּ֣וֹם הַה֗וּא בְּשֶׁ֨בֶת עַמִּ֧י יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל לָבֶ֖טַח תֵּדָֽע
14 Therefore prophesy, child of humanity, and you say to Gog, Thus says my Lord Yahweh,
Will I not, in that day when my people Israel are settled in trust, let you know?
3c 4B 22
19
וּבָ֤אתָ מִמְּקֽוֹמְךָ֙ מִיַּרְכְּתֵ֣י צָפ֔וֹן אַתָּ֕ה וְעַמִּ֥ים רַבִּ֖ים אִתָּ֑ךְ
רֹכְבֵ֤י סוּסִים֙ כֻּלָּ֔ם קָהָ֥ל גָּד֖וֹל וְחַ֥יִל רָֽב
15 And you will come from your place, from the flanks of the north, you, and many peoples with you,
riders of horses all of them, a great congregation and an abundant force.
3e 4C 21
14
וְעָלִ֙יתָ֙ עַל־עַמִּ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל כֶּֽעָנָ֖ן לְכַסּ֣וֹת הָאָ֑רֶץ
בְּאַחֲרִ֨ית הַיָּמִ֜ים תִּֽהְיֶ֗ה וַהֲבִאוֹתִ֙יךָ֙ עַל־אַרְצִ֔י לְמַעַן֩ דַּ֨עַת הַגּוֹיִ֜ם אֹתִ֗י בְּהִקָּדְשִׁ֥י בְךָ֛ לְעֵינֵיהֶ֖ם גּֽוֹג
16 And you will ascend over my people Israel as a cloud to cover the earth.
In the following days, it will be that I will have you come over my land, so that the nations may know me, when I will be sanctified in you, for their eyes, O Gog.
3d 4B 19
39
כֹּֽה־אָמַ֞ר אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֗ה הַֽאַתָּה־ה֨וּא אֲשֶׁר־דִּבַּ֜רְתִּי בְּיָמִ֣ים קַדְמוֹנִ֗ים בְּיַד֙ עֲבָדַי֙ נְבִיאֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל הַֽנִּבְּאִ֛ים בַּיָּמִ֥ים הָהֵ֖ם שָׁנִ֑ים
לְהָבִ֥יא אֹתְךָ֖ עֲלֵיהֶֽם
17 Thus says my Lord Yahweh, Are you he of whom I spoke in the days of antiquity, by the hand of my servants, the prophets of Israel, who prophesied in the days of those years?
to bring you? over them?
3d 4B 44
8
וְהָיָ֣ה ׀ בַּיּ֣וֹם הַה֗וּא בְּי֨וֹם בּ֥וֹא גוֹג֙ עַל־אַדְמַ֣ת יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל נְאֻ֖ם אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֑ה
תַּעֲלֶ֥ה חֲמָתִ֖י בְּאַפִּֽי
18 And it will happen in that day, in the day Gog will come over the ground of Israel, an oracle of my Lord Yahweh,
my heat will ascend in my anger.
3e 4B 24
9
וּבְקִנְאָתִ֥י בְאֵשׁ־עֶבְרָתִ֖י דִּבַּ֑רְתִּי
אִם־לֹ֣א ׀ בַּיּ֣וֹם הַה֗וּא יִֽהְיֶה֙ רַ֣עַשׁ גָּד֔וֹל עַ֖ל אַדְמַ֥ת יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
19 And in my jealousy, in the fire of my fury, I have spoken.
Without fail in that day, there will be great quaking over the ground of Israel.
3e 4B 12
18
וְרָעֲשׁ֣וּ מִפָּנַ֡י דְּגֵ֣י הַיָּם֩ וְע֨וֹף הַשָּׁמַ֜יִם וְחַיַּ֣ת הַשָּׂדֶ֗ה וְכָל־הָרֶ֙מֶשׂ֙ הָרֹמֵ֣שׂ עַל־הָֽאֲדָמָ֔ה וְכֹל֙ הָֽאָדָ֔ם אֲשֶׁ֖ר עַל־פְּנֵ֣י הָאֲדָמָ֑ה
וְנֶהֶרְס֣וּ הֶהָרִ֗ים וְנָֽפְלוּ֙ הַמַּדְרֵג֔וֹת וְכָל־חוֹמָ֖ה לָאָ֥רֶץ תִּפּֽוֹל
20 And they will quake in my presence, the fishes of the sea, and the fowl of the heavens, and the living of the field, and every creeper that creeps upon the ground, and all humanity that is on the face of the ground.
And the hills will be overthrown and the steep places will fall, and every wall, to earth, will fall.
3e 4B 49
23
וְקָרָ֨אתִי עָלָ֤יו לְכָל־הָרַי֙ חֶ֔רֶב נְאֻ֖ם אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֑ה
חֶ֥רֶב אִ֖ישׁ בְּאָחִ֥יו תִּֽהְיֶֽה
21 And I will call for a sword against him to all my mountains, an oracle of my Lord Yahweh.
The sword of each will be against its kin.
3e 4C 19
8
וְנִשְׁפַּטְתִּ֥י אִתּ֖וֹ בְּדֶ֣בֶר וּבְדָ֑ם
וְגֶ֣שֶׁם שׁוֹטֵף֩ וְאַבְנֵ֨י אֶלְגָּבִ֜ישׁ אֵ֣שׁ וְגָפְרִ֗ית אַמְטִ֤יר עָלָיו֙ וְעַל־אֲגַפָּ֔יו וְעַל־עַמִּ֥ים רַבִּ֖ים אֲשֶׁ֥ר אִתּֽוֹ
22 And I will judge him with pestilence,
and with blood, and heavy rain overflowing, and stones of the pearls of the One. Fire and pitch I will rain over him, and over his legions, and over many peoples that were with him.
3e 4C 11
34
וְהִתְגַּדִּלְתִּי֙ וְהִתְקַדִּשְׁתִּ֔י וְנ֣וֹדַעְתִּ֔י לְעֵינֵ֖י גּוֹיִ֣ם רַבִּ֑ים
וְיָדְע֖וּ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
23 And I will magnify myself, and I will sanctify myself, and I will make myself known, in the sight of many nations.
And they will know that I am Yahweh.
3e 4B 21
7


No comments:

Post a Comment