Saturday 30 December 2017

Isaiah 56

This is rather depressing. In the face of an extended promise, there is no response.

Isaiah 56 Fn Min Max Syll
כֹּ֚ה אָמַ֣ר יְהוָ֔ה שִׁמְר֥וּ מִשְׁפָּ֖ט וַעֲשׂ֣וּ צְדָקָ֑ה
כִּֽי־קְרוֹבָ֤ה יְשֽׁוּעָתִי֙ לָב֔וֹא וְצִדְקָתִ֖י לְהִגָּלֽוֹת
1 C Thus says Yahweh, Keep judgment and do righteousness,
because my salvation is near to come and my righteousness to be disclosed.
3e 4C 15
18
אַשְׁרֵ֤י אֱנוֹשׁ֙ יַעֲשֶׂה־זֹּ֔את וּבֶן־אָדָ֖ם יַחֲזִ֣יק בָּ֑הּ
שֹׁמֵ֤ר שַׁבָּת֙ מֵֽחַלְּל֔וֹ וְשֹׁמֵ֥ר יָד֖וֹ מֵעֲשׂ֥וֹת כָּל־רָֽע
2 Happy is the mortal who does this, and the child of humanity who is resolute about it,
keeping the Sabbath from profaning it, and keeping its hand from doing all evil.
3e 4C 16
17
וְאַל־יֹאמַ֣ר בֶּן־הַנֵּכָ֗ר הַנִּלְוָ֤ה אֶל־יְהוָה֙ לֵאמֹ֔ר הַבְדֵּ֧ל יַבְדִּילַ֛נִי יְהוָ֖ה מֵעַ֣ל עַמּ֑וֹ
וְאַל־יֹאמַר֙ הַסָּרִ֔יס הֵ֥ן אֲנִ֖י עֵ֥ץ יָבֵֽשׁ
3 So let not the child of a foreigner who is allied to Yahweh say, I am different. Yahweh has differentiated me from his people,
and let not the eunuch say, Lo, I am a dried up tree.
3c 4C 28
13
כִּי־כֹ֣ה ׀ אָמַ֣ר יְהוָ֗ה לַסָּֽרִיסִים֙ אֲשֶׁ֤ר יִשְׁמְרוּ֙ אֶת־שַׁבְּתוֹתַ֔י וּבָֽחֲר֖וּ בַּאֲשֶׁ֣ר חָפָ֑צְתִּי
וּמַחֲזִיקִ֖ים בִּבְרִיתִֽי
4 Because thus says Yahweh to eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths and choose among what I have delight in,
and are resolute within my covenant,
3e 4C 29
8
וְנָתַתִּ֨י לָהֶ֜ם בְּבֵיתִ֤י וּבְחֽוֹמֹתַי֙ יָ֣ד וָשֵׁ֔ם ט֖וֹב מִבָּנִ֣ים וּמִבָּנ֑וֹת
שֵׁ֤ם עוֹלָם֙ אֶתֶּן־ל֔וֹ אֲשֶׁ֖ר לֹ֥א יִכָּרֵֽת
5 I will give them in my house and within my walls a hand and a name better than sons and daughters,
an everlasting name I will give to them, that will not be cut off.
3e 4C 24
12
וּבְנֵ֣י הַנֵּכָ֗ר הַנִּלְוִ֤ים עַל־יְהוָה֙ לְשָׁ֣רְת֔וֹ וּֽלְאַהֲבָה֙ אֶת־שֵׁ֣ם יְהוָ֔ה לִהְי֥וֹת ל֖וֹ לַעֲבָדִ֑ים
כָּל־שֹׁמֵ֤ר שַׁבָּת֙ מֵֽחַלְּל֔וֹ וּמַחֲזִיקִ֖ים בִּבְרִיתִֽי
6 And the children of the foreigner allied to Yahweh to minister to him and to love the name of Yahweh, to be his as servants,
all who keep the Sabbath from profaning it, and are resolute within my covenant,
3e 4C 29
16
וַהֲבִיאוֹתִ֞ים אֶל־הַ֣ר קָדְשִׁ֗י וְשִׂמַּחְתִּים֙ בְּבֵ֣ית תְּפִלָּתִ֔י עוֹלֹתֵיהֶ֧ם וְזִבְחֵיהֶ֛ם לְרָצ֖וֹן עַֽל־מִזְבְּחִ֑י
כִּ֣י בֵיתִ֔י בֵּית־תְּפִלָּ֥ה יִקָּרֵ֖א לְכָל־הָעַמִּֽים
7 I will bring them to my holy hill and make them glad in the house of my prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will find acceptance on my altar,
because my house will be called the house of prayer for all the peoples.
3c 4B 34
15
נְאֻם֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה מְקַבֵּ֖ץ נִדְחֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל
ע֛וֹד אֲקַבֵּ֥ץ עָלָ֖יו לְנִקְבָּצָֽיו
8 An oracle of my Lord Yahweh collecting the banished of Israel,
Still I will collect to him, for those collected to him.
3d 4B 15
10
כֹּ֖ל חַיְת֣וֹ שָׂדָ֑י
אֵתָ֕יוּ לֶאֱכֹ֥ל כָּל־חַיְת֖וֹ בַּיָּֽעַר
9 g All you living of the field,
come back to devour, every living thing in the forest.
3e 4B 5
12
צֹפָ֞יו עִוְרִ֤ים כֻּלָּם֙ לֹ֣א יָדָ֔עוּ כֻּלָּם֙ כְּלָבִ֣ים אִלְּמִ֔ים לֹ֥א יוּכְל֖וּ לִנְבֹּ֑חַ
הֹזִים֙ שֹֽׁכְבִ֔ים אֹהֲבֵ֖י לָנֽוּם
10 Lookouts are blind, all of them. They do not know. All of them dumb dogs unable to woof,
visionaries laid out who love to slumber.
3e 4C 23
9
וְהַכְּלָבִ֣ים עַזֵּי־נֶ֗פֶשׁ לֹ֤א יָֽדְעוּ֙ שָׂבְעָ֔ה וְהֵ֣מָּה רֹעִ֔ים לֹ֥א יָדְע֖וּ הָבִ֑ין
כֻּלָּם֙ לְדַרְכָּ֣ם פָּנ֔וּ אִ֥ישׁ לְבִצְע֖וֹ מִקָּצֵֽהוּ
11 But they are the dogs, strong of self, not knowing satisfaction, and they are shepherds, not knowing discernment.
All of them face their own way, each for its gain for its ends.
3e 4C 22
15
אֵתָ֥יוּ אֶקְחָה־יַ֖יִן וְנִסְבְּאָ֣ה שֵׁכָ֑ר
וְהָיָ֤ה כָזֶה֙ י֣וֹם מָחָ֔ר גָּד֖וֹל יֶ֥תֶר מְאֹֽד
12 Come back, I will lay hold of wine, and we will be besotted with strong drink,
and tomorrow will be a day like this, very great surplus.
3e 4C 12
14


No comments:

Post a Comment