Sunday 22 April 2018

Psalms 7

Not the official psalm for the day, but that came up some time ago here. I am not sure the lectionary covers the whole 9 yards.

Psalms 7 Fn Min Max Syll
שִׁגָּי֗וֹן לְדָ֫וִ֥ד
אֲשֶׁר־שָׁ֥ר לַיהוָ֑ה
עַל־דִּבְרֵי־כ֝֗וּשׁ בֶּן־יְמִינִֽי
1 A reel of David
who sang to Yahweh,
over the words of Cush of Benjamin,
3e 4A 6
5
8
יְהוָ֣ה אֱ֭לֹהַי בְּךָ֣ חָסִ֑יתִי
הוֹשִׁיעֵ֥נִי מִכָּל־רֹ֝דְפַ֗י וְהַצִּילֵֽנִי
2 Yahweh my God in you I take refuge.
Save me from all my persecutors and deliver me,
3e 4B 10
13
פֶּן־יִטְרֹ֣ף כְּאַרְיֵ֣ה נַפְשִׁ֑י
פֹּ֝רֵ֗ק וְאֵ֣ין מַצִּֽיל
3 or he will tear me like a lion,
rending apart and there is none to deliver.

3e 4B 8
6
יְהוָ֣ה אֱ֭לֹהַי אִם־עָשִׂ֣יתִי זֹ֑את
אִֽם־יֶשׁ־עָ֥וֶל בְּכַפָּֽי
4 Yahweh my God if I have done this,
if there is injustice in my palm,
3e 4B 10
7
אִם־גָּ֭מַלְתִּי שֽׁוֹלְמִ֥י רָ֑ע
וָאֲחַלְּצָ֖ה צוֹרְרִ֣י רֵיקָֽם
5 if I have paid back evil to one who is at peace with me,
then let me be gripped without cause by my adversary.
3e 4B 7
8
יִֽרַדֹּ֥ף אוֹיֵ֨ב ׀ נַפְשִׁ֡י וְיַשֵּׂ֗ג וְיִרְמֹ֣ס לָאָ֣רֶץ חַיָּ֑י
וּכְבוֹדִ֓י ׀ לֶעָפָ֖ר יַשְׁכֵּ֣ן סֶֽלָה
6 let an enemy persecute me and overtake and trample my life on earth,
and make my glory to dwell in the dust. Selah.

3e 4B 18
10
ק֘וּמָ֤ה יְהוָ֨ה ׀ בְּאַפֶּ֗ךָ הִ֭נָּשֵׂא בְּעַבְר֣וֹת צוֹרְרָ֑י
וְע֥וּרָה אֵ֝לַ֗י מִשְׁפָּ֥ט צִוִּֽיתָ
7 ~ Arise Yahweh, in your anger, be lifted up in the outbursts of my adversary,
and be aroused, my God, judgment you command.
3e 4C 16
10
וַעֲדַ֣ת לְ֭אֻמִּים תְּסוֹבְבֶ֑ךָּ
וְ֝עָלֶ֗יהָ לַמָּר֥וֹם שֽׁוּבָה
8 And an assembly of tribes surround you,
so for her of the high ground return.
3e 4B 10
9
יְהוָה֮ יָדִ֪ין עַ֫מִּ֥ים
שָׁפְטֵ֥נִי יְהוָ֑ה
כְּצִדְקִ֖י וּכְתֻמִּ֣י עָלָֽי
9 Yahweh makes the case for the peoples.
Judge me Yahweh,
for my righteousness and for my completeness in me.
3d 4B 6
5
8
יִגְמָר־נָ֬א רַ֨ע ׀ רְשָׁעִים֮ וּתְכוֹנֵ֪ן צַ֫דִּ֥יק
וּבֹחֵ֣ן לִ֭בּ֗וֹת וּכְלָי֗וֹת אֱלֹהִ֥ים צַדִּֽיק
10 may the evil of the wicked be obliterated and prepare a righteous one.
So testing hearts and vital centres is God, a righteous one.
3d 4B 12
13
מָֽגִנִּ֥י עַל־אֱלֹהִ֑ים
מ֝וֹשִׁ֗יעַ יִשְׁרֵי־לֵֽב
11 My shield is of God,
saving the upright of heart.
3e 4A 7
6
אֱ֭לֹהִים שׁוֹפֵ֣ט צַדִּ֑יק
וְ֝אֵ֗ל זֹעֵ֥ם בְּכָל־יֽוֹם
12 g God judges a righteous one,
and God is indignant every day.

3e 4B 7
7
אִם־לֹ֣א יָ֭שׁוּב חַרְבּ֣וֹ יִלְט֑וֹשׁ
קַשְׁתּ֥וֹ דָ֝רַ֗ךְ וַֽיְכוֹנְנֶֽהָ
13 If he will not turn he will hone his sword,
his bow he directs, and he will aim.
3e 4B 8
8
וְ֭לוֹ הֵכִ֣ין כְּלֵי־מָ֑וֶת
חִ֝צָּ֗יו לְֽדֹלְקִ֥ים יִפְעָֽל
14 g And for him he has prepared consuming means of death.
His arrow for those in hot pursuit he will draw.
3e 4B 7
7
הִנֵּ֥ה יְחַבֶּל־אָ֑וֶן
וְהָרָ֥ה עָ֝מָ֗ל וְיָ֣לַד שָֽׁקֶר
15 Behold he pushes out mischief,
and he is big with toil and he gives birth to falsehood.
3e 4B 7
10
בּ֣וֹר כָּ֭רָֽה וַֽיַּחְפְּרֵ֑הוּ
וַ֝יִּפֹּ֗ל בְּשַׁ֣חַת יִפְעָֽל
16 B A pit he digs and he excavates it,
and he miscarries into the destruction that he has worked.
3e 4B 8
8
יָשׁ֣וּב עֲמָל֣וֹ בְרֹאשׁ֑וֹ
וְעַ֥ל קָ֝דְקֳד֗וֹ חֲמָס֥וֹ יֵרֵֽד
17 He turns his toil in his head,
and onto his scalp his violence descends.
3e 4B 8
10
אוֹדֶ֣ה יְהוָ֣ה כְּצִדְק֑וֹ
וַ֝אֲזַמְּרָ֗ה שֵֽׁם־יְהוָ֥ה עֶלְיֽוֹן
18 I will give thanks to Yahweh for his righteousness,
and I will psalm the name of Yahweh on high.
3e 4B 7
9


No comments:

Post a Comment