Friday 23 February 2018

Psalm 6

This psalm can be formative. [There is no doubt I saved all the hardest to read bits to the end! So I have to put out a psalm or three while I work slowly on the remaining pieces of this mammoth puzzle - making many little adjustments here and there also.]



Psalms 6 Fn Min Max Syll
לַמְנַצֵּ֣חַ בִּ֭נְגִינוֹת עַֽל־הַשְּׁמִינִ֗ית מִזְמ֥וֹר לְדָוִֽד 1 For the leader on strings over octaves. A psalm of David. 3e 4B 16
יְֽהוָ֗ה אַל־בְּאַפְּךָ֥ תוֹכִיחֵ֑נִי
וְֽאַל־בַּחֲמָתְךָ֥ תְיַסְּרֵֽנִי
2 Yahweh, do not in your anger correct me,
and do not in your heat chasten me.
3e 4A 10
10
חָנֵּ֥נִי יְהוָה֮ כִּ֤י אֻמְלַ֫ל אָ֥נִי
רְפָאֵ֥נִי יְהוָ֑ה
כִּ֖י נִבְהֲל֣וּ עֲצָמָֽי
3 Be gracious to me, Yahweh, for I, I am feeble.
Heal me Yahweh,
for vexed are my bones.
3e 4C 10
6
7
וְ֭נַפְשִׁי נִבְהֲלָ֣ה מְאֹ֑ד
וְאַתָּ֥ה יְ֝הוָ֗ה עַד־מָתָֽי
4 g And my being is vexed much.
And you, Yahweh, how long?

3e 4B 8
8
שׁוּבָ֣ה יְ֭הוָה חַלְּצָ֣ה נַפְשִׁ֑י
ה֝וֹשִׁיעֵ֗נִי לְמַ֣עַן חַסְדֶּֽךָ
5 Turn Yahweh, rescue my being.
Save me for the sake of your kindness.
3e 4B 8
10
כִּ֤י אֵ֣ין בַּמָּ֣וֶת זִכְרֶ֑ךָ
בִּ֝שְׁא֗וֹל מִ֣י יֽוֹדֶה־לָּֽךְ
6 C For there is not in death remembrance of you.
In the grave who will give thanks to you?

3e 4C 8
6
יָגַ֤עְתִּי ׀ בְּֽאַנְחָתִ֗י אַשְׂחֶ֣ה בְכָל־לַ֭יְלָה מִטָּתִ֑י
בְּ֝דִמְעָתִ֗י עַרְשִׂ֥י אַמְסֶֽה
7 I am weary with my sighing. I make my couch swim every night.
In my tears my bed I dissolve.
3e 4C 16
8
עָֽשְׁשָׁ֣ה מִכַּ֣עַס עֵינִ֑י
עָֽ֝תְקָ֗ה בְּכָל־צוֹרְרָֽי
8 Swollen from grief my eye,
viscous in all my troubles.

3e 4B 7
6
ס֣וּרוּ מִ֭מֶּנִּי כָּל־פֹּ֣עֲלֵי אָ֑וֶן
כִּֽי־שָׁמַ֥ע יְ֝הוָ֗ה ק֣וֹל בִּכְיִֽי
9 B Depart from me, all workers of mischief,
for Yahweh has heard the voice of my weeping.
3e 4B 11
7
שָׁמַ֣ע יְ֭הוָה תְּחִנָּתִ֑י
יְ֝הוָ֗ה תְּֽפִלָּתִ֥י יִקָּֽח
10 Yahweh hears my supplication.
Yahweh will my prayer receive.
3e 4B 8
8
יֵבֹ֤שׁוּ ׀ וְיִבָּהֲל֣וּ מְ֭אֹד כָּל־אֹיְבָ֑י
יָ֝שֻׁ֗בוּ יֵבֹ֥שׁוּ רָֽגַע
11 Shamed and vexed much all my enemies.
Let them turn and be ashamed in a moment.
3e 4C 13
8


No comments:

Post a Comment