Sunday 25 February 2018

Psalm 22

Long psalm - many related sections - almost a whole Psalter in one Psalm.

Psalms 22 Fn Min Max Syll
לַ֭מְנַצֵּחַ עַל־אַיֶּ֥לֶת הַשַּׁ֗חַר מִזְמ֥וֹר לְדָוִֽד 1 g For the leader on the hart of the dawn. A psalm of David. 3e 3g 16
אֵלִ֣י אֵ֭לִי לָמָ֣ה עֲזַבְתָּ֑נִי
רָח֥וֹק מִֽ֝ישׁוּעָתִ֗י דִּבְרֵ֥י שַׁאֲגָתִֽי
2 My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
So distant from my salvation are the words of my roaring.
3e 4B 10
12
אֱ‍ֽלֹהַ֗י אֶקְרָ֣א י֭וֹמָם וְלֹ֣א תַעֲנֶ֑ה
וְ֝לַ֗יְלָה וְֽלֹא־דֽוּמִיָּ֥ה לִֽי
3 My God, I call by day and you do not answer,
and by night and I am not mute.
3e 4B 11
8
וְאַתָּ֥ה קָד֑וֹשׁ
י֝וֹשֵׁ֗ב תְּהִלּ֥וֹת יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
4 But you are holy,
seated on the praises of Israel.

3e 4A 5
8
בְּ֭ךָ בָּטְח֣וּ אֲבֹתֵ֑ינוּ
בָּ֝טְח֗וּ וַֽתְּפַלְּטֵֽמוֹ
5 g In you our ancestors trusted.
They trusted and you secured them.
3e 4B 8
6
אֵלֶ֣יךָ זָעֲק֣וּ וְנִמְלָ֑טוּ
בְּךָ֖ בָטְח֣וּ וְלֹא־בֽוֹשׁוּ
6 To you they appealed and you let them escape.
In you they trusted and were not ashamed.
3e 4B 10
7
וְאָנֹכִ֣י תוֹלַ֣עַת וְלֹא־אִ֑ישׁ
חֶרְפַּ֥ת אָ֝דָ֗ם וּבְז֥וּי עָֽם
7 But I am a worm and no hero,
a reproach of humanity and despised of the people.

3e 4B 10
7
כָּל־רֹ֭אַי יַלְעִ֣גוּ לִ֑י
יַפְטִ֥ירוּ בְ֝שָׂפָ֗ה יָנִ֥יעוּ רֹֽאשׁ
8 All who see me deride me.
They purse lips. They wag a head.
3e 4B 7
10
גֹּ֣ל אֶל־יְהוָ֣ה יְפַלְּטֵ֑הוּ
יַ֝צִּילֵ֗הוּ כִּ֘י חָ֥פֵֽץ בּֽוֹ
9 B Roll with Yahweh. He will secure him.
Let him deliver him for he delights in him.

3e 4B 8
8
כִּֽי־אַתָּ֣ה גֹחִ֣י מִבָּ֑טֶן
מַ֝בְטִיחִ֗י עַל־שְׁדֵ֥י אִמִּֽי
10 For you yourself burst me from a belly,
giving me trust on the breasts of my mother.
3e 4B 7
8
עָ֭לֶיךָ הָשְׁלַ֣כְתִּי מֵרָ֑חֶם
מִבֶּ֥טֶן אִ֝מִּ֗י אֵ֣לִי אָֽתָּה
11 g On you I was cast from a womb,
From my mother's belly you are my God.
3e 4B 9
9
אַל־תִּרְחַ֣ק מִ֭מֶּנִּי כִּי־צָרָ֣ה קְרוֹבָ֑ה
כִּי־אֵ֥ין עוֹזֵֽר
12 Do not be distant from me, for trouble is near,
for there is no help.

3e 4B 11
4
סְ֭בָבוּנִי פָּרִ֣ים רַבִּ֑ים
אַבִּירֵ֖י בָשָׁ֣ן כִּתְּרֽוּנִי
13 g Many young bulls surrounded me.
The mighty of Bashan encircled me.
3e 4B 8
8
פָּצ֣וּ עָלַ֣י פִּיהֶ֑ם
אַ֝רְיֵ֗ה טֹרֵ֥ף וְשֹׁאֵֽג
14 They gape at me their mouths,
a lion tearing and roaring.
3e 4B 6
7
כַּמַּ֥יִם נִשְׁפַּכְתִּי֮ וְהִתְפָּֽרְד֗וּ כָּֽל־עַצְמ֫וֹתָ֥י
הָיָ֣ה לִ֭בִּי כַּדּוֹנָ֑ג
נָ֝מֵ֗ס בְּת֣וֹךְ מֵעָֽי
15 Like water I am poured out, and all my bones are separated.
My heart is like wax,
melted in the midst of my inner parts.
3e 4B 13
7
6
יָ֘בֵ֤שׁ כַּחֶ֨רֶשׂ ׀ כֹּחִ֗י וּ֭לְשׁוֹנִי מֻדְבָּ֣ק מַלְקוֹחָ֑י
וְֽלַעֲפַר־מָ֥וֶת תִּשְׁפְּתֵֽנִי
16 ~ My power is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue cleaves to my jaws,
and to the dust of death you have ordained me.

3e 4C 15
10
כִּ֥י סְבָב֗וּנִי כְּלָ֫בִ֥ים
עֲדַ֣ת מְ֭רֵעִים הִקִּיפ֑וּנִי
כָּ֝אֲרִ֗י יָדַ֥י וְרַגְלָֽי
17 f For dogs surrounded me.
An assembly of evildoers encompassed me.
They gouge my hands and my feet.
3e 4B 8
9
8
אֲסַפֵּ֥ר כָּל־עַצְמוֹתָ֑י
הֵ֥מָּה יַ֝בִּ֗יטוּ יִרְאוּ־בִֽי
18 I will count all my bones.
They notice and stare at me.
3e 4A 7
8
יְחַלְּק֣וּ בְגָדַ֣י לָהֶ֑ם
וְעַל־לְ֝בוּשִׁ֗י יַפִּ֥ילוּ גוֹרָֽל
19 They divide my garments among them,
and for my clothing they let the lot fall.

3e 4B 8
10
וְאַתָּ֣ה יְ֭הוָה אַל־תִּרְחָ֑ק
אֱ֝יָלוּתִ֗י לְעֶזְרָ֥תִי חֽוּשָׁה
20 But you, Yahweh, you be not distant.
My hart, to my help, hurry.
3e 4B 8
10
הַצִּ֣ילָה מֵחֶ֣רֶב נַפְשִׁ֑י
מִיַּד־כֶּ֝֗לֶב יְחִידָתִֽי
21 Deliver my being from the sword,
my uniqueness from the hand of a dog.
3e 4B 8
8
ה֭וֹשִׁיעֵנִי מִפִּ֣י אַרְיֵ֑ה
וּמִקַּרְנֵ֖י רֵמִ֣ים עֲנִיתָֽנִי
22 g Save me from the lion's mouth.
From the horns of wild bulls you have answered me.

3e 4B 8
10
אֲסַפְּרָ֣ה שִׁמְךָ֣ לְאֶחָ֑י
בְּת֖וֹךְ קָהָ֣ל אֲהַלְלֶֽךָּ
23 I will recount your name to my kin.
In the midst of the congregation I will praise you.
3e 4B 8
8
יִרְאֵ֤י יְהוָ֨ה ׀ הַֽלְל֗וּהוּ כָּל־זֶ֣רַע יַעֲקֹ֣ב כַּבְּד֑וּהוּ
וְג֥וּרוּ מִ֝מֶּ֗נּוּ כָּל־זֶ֥רַע יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
24 You who fear Yahweh praise him. All the seed of Jacob glorify him.
And stand in awe of him, all the seed of Israel.
3e 4C 16
12
כִּ֤י לֹֽא־בָזָ֨ה וְלֹ֪א שִׁקַּ֡ץ עֱנ֬וּת עָנִ֗י וְלֹא־הִסְתִּ֣יר פָּנָ֣יו מִמֶּ֑נּוּ
וּֽבְשַׁוְּע֖וֹ אֵלָ֣יו שָׁמֵֽעַ
25 C For he has not despised nor detested the poverty of the poor, and he has not hidden his presence from him,
but when he cried to him he heard.

3d 4C 20
8
מֵ֥אִתְּךָ֗ תְֽהִלָּ֫תִ֥י בְּקָהָ֥ל רָ֑ב
נְדָרַ֥י
אֲ֝שַׁלֵּ֗ם נֶ֣גֶד יְרֵאָֽיו
26 f From you is my praise in the congregation of the many.
My vows I will pay before those who fear him.
3e 4B 11
3
8
יֹאכְל֬וּ עֲנָוִ֨ים ׀ וְיִשְׂבָּ֗עוּ יְהַֽלְל֣וּ יְ֭הוָה דֹּ֣רְשָׁ֑יו
יְחִ֖י לְבַבְכֶ֣ם לָעַֽד
27 The afflicted will eat and be satisfied. Those who search for Yahweh will praise him.
May your heart live for ever.
3e 4B 16
7
יִזְכְּר֤וּ ׀ וְיָשֻׁ֣בוּ אֶל־יְ֭הוָה כָּל־אַפְסֵי־אָ֑רֶץ
וְיִֽשְׁתַּחֲו֥וּ לְ֝פָנֶ֗יךָ כָּֽל־מִשְׁפְּח֥וֹת גּוֹיִֽם
28 All the ends of the earth will remember and will turn to Yahweh.
All the families of the nations will worship in your presence.

3e 4C 14
15
כִּ֣י לַ֭יהוָה הַמְּלוּכָ֑ה
וּ֝מֹשֵׁ֗ל בַּגּוֹיִֽם
29 B For to Yahweh is the kingdom,
and he governs in the nations.
3e 4B 6
6
אָכְל֬וּ וַיִּֽשְׁתַּחֲוּ֨וּ ׀ כָּֽל־דִּשְׁנֵי־אֶ֗רֶץ לְפָנָ֣יו יִ֭כְרְעוּ כָּל־יוֹרְדֵ֣י עָפָ֑ר
וְ֝נַפְשׁ֗וֹ לֹ֣א חִיָּֽה
30 All the sleek of the earth will eat and worship in his presence. All who go down to dust will bow,
but his being he could not keep alive.
3e 4B 22
6
זֶ֥רַע יַֽעַבְדֶ֑נּוּ
יְסֻפַּ֖ר לַֽאדֹנָ֣י לַדּֽוֹר
31 f A seed will serve him.
It will be recounted of my Lord for a generation.
3e 4B 6
8
יָ֭בֹאוּ וְיַגִּ֣ידוּ צִדְקָת֑וֹ
לְעַ֥ם נ֝וֹלָ֗ד כִּ֣י עָשָֽׂה
32 g They will come and will announce his righteousness,
to a people to be born, for Yahweh has made it so.
3e 4B 9
7


No comments:

Post a Comment