Wednesday 1 June 2011

Concentrated keywords

I have worked my way through from psalm 1 to 69 in the last 24 hours - including a huge party for my wife's 65th birthday last night - so the process is slow but not too slow - maybe five to 20 minutes per psalm depending on my dawdling tendencies.  And time to eat, drink, and be merry. This morning there were many empty bottles of champagne for the binners. And they had all been picked up in the early hours - long before the official recycling pickup. Oh privilege - how do I deal with you?)

I have noted some interesting concentrations of keywords - and all the posts to psalm 69 are now updated with the tables.  Here is the middle of psalm 69. The recurrence is emphatic. Words are repeated without any intervening keyword when looked at in just this section. The outer verses show a clear frame of salvation - 2 in the first section and 2 in the last.

Psalm 69 verses 15-29 keywords in relative order.
Word and gloss * first usage12345678910VsStem
הצילני deliver me
15נצל
אנצלה let me be delivered
15נצל
מים waters
15מים
מים waters
16מים
ענני answer me
17ענה
פנה be present
17פנה
פניך your presence
18פנה
ענני answer me
18ענה
אתה you yourself
20אתה
חרפתי my reproach
20חרף
חרפה reproach
21חרף
ויתנו and they gave
22נתן
יהי let become
23היה
לפניהם in their presence
23פנה
תהי let become
26היה
יהי let one be
26היה
אתה you
27אתה
יספרו they make their record
27ספר
תנה give
28נתן
עון iniquity
28עון
עונם their iniquity
28עון
מספר from the record of
29ספר


No comments:

Post a Comment