Tuesday 27 November 2018

Volunteer readers

Who would like to read the Bible? Specifically Bob's Bible. Drop me a line. Leave a comment with an email to share to. Tweet me a tweet @drmacdonald. Send me an email stenagmois at gmail dot com

I am preparing the following volumes. Eventually I will have an ebook version. Right now it will be rough edged PDFs screaming for corrections.

Which part would you be interested to critique? I have run a spell check and fixed a number of typos - about 300 or so - there are lots more I am sure.
  • Torah - text only at the moment. 325 pages 161,180 words
  • Former Prophets - as for Torah 270 pages 136,238 words
  • Major Prophets - as for Torah 232 pages 120,022 words
  • The Twelve - this has all 12 sections defined and some music included - 129 pages 30,612 words
  • Job - as for the twelve. 98 pages, 18,961 words
  • The Proverbs - as for Torah - 46 pages, 15,298 words
  • The Psalms - is in final form, 5 sections, Hebrew/English music samples 181 pages 44,668 words 
  • The Five Scrolls - as for the twelve 75 pages 21,231 words
  • Other Writings - as for Torah 159 pages 78,165 words
It would be a good Advent exercise. Also a good Lenten exercise.

These are some of the questions that occur to me as I look over the text.
  1. Where should music be put? I cannot do the whole to music. Too many pages. But some examples will give the volumes their uniqueness. No one else is likely to do this work.
  2. What footnotes are required? There is a full glossary, complete and consistent, whether wrong or right or indifferent. My decisions may or may not be justified.
  3. Where have I left unreadable sentences in English where the Hebrew is perfectly OK? 
  4. Where do my decisions result in possible misreadings of the text?


No comments:

Post a Comment