Thursday 10 October 2024

Let this mind be in you

 Punishment in a love song? Divine punishment in a love song? 

Let this mind be in you: God does not punish. It is not in the character of God to punish, to inflict pain on the creation. There is no word for punish in Hebrew. Let me make this clear. The gloss punish is frequently used in the King James translation in English and in other translations into other tongues. Punish is attributed to God in these versions of the Bible. These bibles propagate and teach a false theology.

I am not singing this truth to you. There is no music in this post. You can't hear the love if you think punishment. Humans punish. God does not. How often have I heard these excuses: "I'm doing this for your own good." Or "this hurts me more than it does you." What nonsense. Those sentences are also lies.

I'm not going to prove this or justify my words with a thousand quotes. Just think about it.

God is light. God is love. God is holy. There are many ways of pointing to God. 

You don't have to look very far on this blog to find what I really think about this error of attributing punishment to God. Just put punish into the search. Or link to this post from a few years ago. https://meafar.blogspot.com/2021/08/misunderstanding-god.html

Or press the link on my word map for the 77 posts substantiating this conclusion from my translating.





No comments:

Post a Comment