Thursday 9 March 2017

Song 2

The music is very beautiful. Of particular note is verse 5. Its form with ornaments is unique: e qad,qad,e z-q,g# ^A f g# e. The general shape of the notes is common e g ^A f g e. The difference is the extensive ornamentation on the opening tonic. The most similar verse is 1 Kings 8:40, a surprising musical connection between fear and love. The apparent silluq on the second word is spurious but in this case has no effect on the musical line.

I do have this music in performance, but I cannot share it until I get permission from the artists, or get my own artists.

Song 2 Fn Min Max Syll
אֲנִי֙ חֲבַצֶּ֣לֶת הַשָּׁר֔וֹן שֽׁוֹשַׁנַּ֖ת הָעֲמָקִֽים 1 I am the crocus of the plain, the lily of the valley. 3e 4B 16
כְּשֽׁוֹשַׁנָּה֙ בֵּ֣ין הַחוֹחִ֔ים כֵּ֥ן רַעְיָתִ֖י בֵּ֥ין הַבָּנֽוֹת 2 As a lily between thorns, so is my friend between the daughters. 3e 4B 16
כְּתַפּ֙וּחַ֙ בַּעֲצֵ֣י הַיַּ֔עַר כֵּ֥ן דּוֹדִ֖י בֵּ֣ין הַבָּנִ֑ים
בְּצִלּוֹ֙ חִמַּ֣דְתִּי וְיָשַׁ֔בְתִּי וּפִרְי֖וֹ מָת֥וֹק לְחִכִּֽי
3 As an apricot tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved between the sons.
Into his shadow I was attracted and I sat, but his fruit was sweeter to my palate.
3e 4B 17
18
הֱבִיאַ֙נִי֙ אֶל־בֵּ֣ית הַיָּ֔יִן וְדִגְל֥וֹ עָלַ֖י אַהֲבָֽה 4 He brought me to the wine house, and his banner over me was love. 3e 4B 17
סַמְּכ֙וּנִי֙ בָּֽאֲשִׁישׁ֔וֹת רַפְּד֖וּנִי בַּתַּפּוּחִ֑ים
כִּי־חוֹלַ֥ת אַהֲבָ֖ה אָֽנִי
5 Support me with raisins, outspread me with apricots,
for ah, I, I am writhing with love.
3e 4A 14
7
שְׂמֹאלוֹ֙ תַּ֣חַת לְרֹאשִׁ֔י וִימִינ֖וֹ תְּחַבְּקֵֽנִי 6 His left hand is under my head, and his right hand clasps me. 3e 4B 15
הִשְׁבַּ֨עְתִּי אֶתְכֶ֜ם בְּנ֤וֹת יְרוּשָׁלִַ֙ם֙ בִּצְבָא֔וֹת א֖וֹ בְּאַיְל֣וֹת הַשָּׂדֶ֑ה
אִם־תָּעִ֧ירוּ ׀ וְֽאִם־תְּעֽוֹרְר֛וּ אֶת־הָאַהֲבָ֖ה עַ֥ד שֶׁתֶּחְפָּֽץ
7 I have adjured you, daughters of Jerusalem, by the hosts of gazelle or by the hart of the field,
if you rouse or if you arouse this love till it delight.
3c 4C 21
18
ק֣וֹל דּוֹדִ֔י הִנֵּה־זֶ֖ה בָּ֑א
מְדַלֵּג֙ עַל־הֶ֣הָרִ֔ים מְקַפֵּ֖ץ עַל־הַגְּבָעֽוֹת
8 B The voice of my beloved, behold, this one, coming,
leaping over the hills, springing over the hillocks.
3e 4B 7
14
דּוֹמֶ֤ה דוֹדִי֙ לִצְבִ֔י א֖וֹ לְעֹ֣פֶר הָֽאַיָּלִ֑ים
הִנֵּה־זֶ֤ה עוֹמֵד֙ אַחַ֣ר כָּתְלֵ֔נוּ מַשְׁגִּ֙יחַ֙ מִן־הַֽחֲלֹּנ֔וֹת מֵצִ֖יץ מִן־הַֽחֲרַכִּֽים
9 My beloved is like the hosts of gazelle, or the faun of the hart.
Behold, this one, standing behind our embankment, peering through the perforations, blossoming through the lattice.
3e 4C 14
25
עָנָ֥ה דוֹדִ֖י וְאָ֣מַר לִ֑י
ק֥וּמִי לָ֛ךְ רַעְיָתִ֥י יָפָתִ֖י וּלְכִי־לָֽךְ
10 My beloved answered and said to me:
Arise, you, my friend, my beauty, and you, come away.
3d 4B 8
12
כִּֽי־הִנֵּ֥ה הַסְּתָ֖יו עָבָ֑ר
הַגֶּ֕שֶׁם חָלַ֖ף הָלַ֥ךְ לֽוֹ
11 For behold, winter is passed.
The heavy rain has completed its renewal. It has walked offstage.
3e 4A 6
8
הַנִּצָּנִים֙ נִרְא֣וּ בָאָ֔רֶץ עֵ֥ת הַזָּמִ֖יר הִגִּ֑יעַ
וְק֥וֹל הַתּ֖וֹר נִשְׁמַ֥ע בְּאַרְצֵֽנוּ
12 The sparkles have appeared in the land, the time of psalm-singing is contagious,
and the tone of the turtledove is heard in our land.
3e 4B 16
10
הַתְּאֵנָה֙ חָֽנְטָ֣ה פַגֶּ֔יהָ וְהַגְּפָנִ֥ים ׀ סְמָדַ֖ר נָ֣תְנוּ רֵ֑יחַ
ק֥וּמִי לָ֛ךְ רַעְיָתִ֥י יָפָתִ֖י וּלְכִי־לָֽךְ
13 The fig tree ripens her early fruit; and the vines with a tender bud give a smell.
Arise, you, my friend, my beauty, and you, come away.
3d 4B 19
12
יוֹנָתִ֞י בְּחַגְוֵ֣י הַסֶּ֗לַע בְּסֵ֙תֶר֙ הַמַּדְרֵגָ֔ה הַרְאִ֙ינִי֙ אֶתּ־מַרְאַ֔יִךְ הַשְׁמִיעִ֖ינִי אֶת־קוֹלֵ֑ךְ
כִּי־קוֹלֵ֥ךְ עָרֵ֖ב וּמַרְאֵ֥יךְ נָאוֶֽה ס
14 My dove, in the clefts of the cliff, in the secret steep place, let me see your appearance, and let me hear your tone,
for your tone is dulcet and your appearance is lovely. S
3e 4B 30
10
אֶֽחֱזוּ־לָ֙נוּ֙ שֽׁוּעָלִ֔ים שֽׁוּעָלִ֥ים קְטַנִּ֖ים מְחַבְּלִ֣ים כְּרָמִ֑ים
וּכְרָמֵ֖ינוּ סְמָדַֽר
15 Catch and hold fast for us, foxes; wee foxes inflicting pain on vineyards.
But our vineyards are budding tenderly.
3e 4B 19
7
דּוֹדִ֥י לִי֙ וַאֲנִ֣י ל֔וֹ הָרֹעֶ֖ה בַּשּׁוֹשַׁנִּֽים 16 My beloved is mine, and I am his; he grazes among the lilies. 3e 4B 14
עַ֤ד שֶׁיָּפ֙וּחַ֙ הַיּ֔וֹם וְנָ֖סוּ הַצְּלָלִ֑ים
סֹב֩ דְּמֵה־לְךָ֨ דוֹדִ֜י לִצְבִ֗י א֛וֹ לְעֹ֥פֶר הָאַיָּלִ֖ים עַל־הָ֥רֵי בָֽתֶר ס
17 C Till the day respires and the shadows withdraw,
surround, be like, you, my beloved, the gazelle or the faun of the hart upon the rugged mountains. S
3d 4C 13
23


No comments:

Post a Comment