Thursday 9 March 2017

Ezekiel 35

I suspect there is a different feel to the language from different authors and at different times. This will be clearer when I have everything done and can run some queries on turns of phrase in Hebrew and see where I may have failed to see. In the meanwhile, we just keep going (though I may take time off for most of the month of April).

Ezekiel 35 Fn Min Max Syll
וַיְהִ֥י דְבַר־יְהוָ֖ה אֵלַ֥י לֵאמֹֽר 1 And the word of Yahweh happened to me, saying, 3e 3g 10
בֶּן־אָדָ֕ם שִׂ֥ים פָּנֶ֖יךָ עַל־הַ֣ר שֵׂעִ֑יר
וְהִנָּבֵ֖א עָלָֽיו
2 Child of humanity, set your face against the hill of Seir,
and prophesy against it.
3e 4B 11
6
וְאָמַ֣רְתָּ לּ֗וֹ כֹּ֤ה אָמַר֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה הִנְנִ֥י אֵלֶ֖יךָ הַר־שֵׂעִ֑יר
וְנָטִ֤יתִי יָדִי֙ עָלֶ֔יךָ וּנְתַתִּ֖יךָ שְׁמָמָ֥ה וּמְשַׁמָּֽה
3 And say to it, Thus says my Lord Yahweh, Behold me against you, hill of Seir,
and I will stretch out my hand against you, and I will consign you to desolation upon desolation.
3e 4C 21
19
עָרֶ֙יךָ֙ חָרְבָּ֣ה אָשִׂ֔ים וְאַתָּ֖ה שְׁמָמָ֣ה תִֽהְיֶ֑ה
וְיָדַעְתָּ֖ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
4 Your cities I will render deserted and you will be desolate,
and you will know that I am Yahweh.
3e 4B 15
8
יַ֗עַן הֱי֤וֹת לְךָ֙ אֵיבַ֣ת עוֹלָ֔ם וַתַּגֵּ֥ר אֶת־בְּנֵֽי־יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל עַל־יְדֵי־חָ֑רֶב
בְּעֵ֣ת אֵידָ֔ם בְּעֵ֖ת עֲוֺ֥ן קֵֽץ
5 ~ Because there is for you an everlasting enemy, and you have wrung out the children of Israel by means of a sword,
in the time of their misfortune, in the time iniquity was at an end.
3e 4C 23
9
לָכֵ֣ן חַי־אָ֗נִי נְאֻם֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה כִּֽי־לְדָ֥ם אֶעֶשְׂךָ֖ וְדָ֣ם יִרְדֲּפֶ֑ךָ
אִם־לֹ֥א דָ֛ם שָׂנֵ֖אתָ וְדָ֥ם יִרְדֲּפֶֽךָ
6 Therefore I, Living, an oracle of my Lord Yahweh, To blood I will deal you, and blood will pursue you.
Without fail, blood you did not hate, so blood will pursue you.
3d 4B 23
12
וְנָֽתַתִּי֙ אֶת־הַ֣ר שֵׂעִ֔יר לְשִֽׁמְמָ֖ה וּשְׁמָמָ֑ה
וְהִכְרַתִּ֥י מִמֶּ֖נּוּ עֹבֵ֥ר וָשָֽׁב
7 And I will give the hill of Seir to desolation, upon desolation.
And I will cut off from it passer-by and turncoat.
3e 4B 14
11
וּמִלֵּאתִ֥י אֶת־הָרָ֖יו חֲלָלָ֑יו
גִּבְעוֹתֶ֤יךָ וְגֵאוֹתֶ֙יךָ֙ וְכָל־אֲפִיקֶ֔יךָ חַלְלֵי־חֶ֖רֶב יִפְּל֥וּ בָהֶֽם
8 And I will fill his hills with his profaned,
your hillocks and your gorges, and all your river channels, the profaned of sword will fall in them.
3e 4C 10
22
שִֽׁמְמ֤וֹת עוֹלָם֙ אֶתֶּנְךָ֔ וְעָרֶ֖יךָ לֹ֣א תָשֹׁ֑בְנָה
וִֽידַעְתֶּ֖ם כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
9 Desolations forever I will give you, and your cities I will not restore,
and you will know that I am Yahweh.
3e 4C 15
7
יַ֣עַן אֲ֠מָרְךָ אֶת־שְׁנֵ֨י הַגּוֹיִ֜ם וְאֶת־שְׁתֵּ֧י הָאֲרָצ֛וֹת לִ֥י תִהְיֶ֖ינָה וִֽירַשְׁנ֑וּהָ
וַֽיהוָ֖ה שָׁ֥ם הָיָֽה
10 B Because you said, The two nations and the two lands will be mine, and we will possess her,
but Yahweh was there.
3c 4B 27
5
לָכֵ֣ן חַי־אָ֗נִי נְאֻם֮ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִה֒ וְעָשִׂ֗יתִי כְּאַפְּךָ֙ וּכְקִנְאָ֣תְךָ֔ אֲשֶׁ֣ר עָשִׂ֔יתָה מִשִּׂנְאָתֶ֖יךָ בָּ֑ם
וְנוֹדַ֥עְתִּי בָ֖ם כַּאֲשֶׁ֥ר אֶשְׁפְּטֶֽךָ
11 Therefore I, Living, an oracle of my Lord Yahweh, So I will do according to your anger and according to your jealousy that you constructed from your hatred against them,
and I will make myself known in them, in that I have judged you.
3e 4B 33
12
וְֽיָדַעְתָּ֮ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֣י יְהוָה֒ שָׁמַ֣עְתִּי ׀ אֶת־כָּל־נָאָֽצוֹתֶ֗יךָ אֲשֶׁ֥ר אָמַ֛רְתָּ עַל־הָרֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל לֵאמֹ֣ר ׀ שָׁמֵ֑מוּ
לָ֥נוּ נִתְּנ֖וּ לְאָכְלָֽה
12 And you will know that I am Yahweh. I have heard all your blasphemies that you said against the mountains of Israel, saying, They are desolate.
For us they are given for fuel.
3d 4B 34
7
וַתַּגְדִּ֤ילוּ עָלַי֙ בְּפִיכֶ֔ם וְהַעְתַּרְתֶּ֥ם עָלַ֖י דִּבְרֵיכֶ֑ם
אֲנִ֖י שָׁמָֽעְתִּי
13 So you promote yourself against me with your mouths, and you petition against me your words.
I, myself, have heard.
3e 4C 18
5
כֹּ֥ה אָמַ֖ר אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֑ה
כִּשְׂמֹ֙חַ֙ כָּל־הָאָ֔רֶץ שְׁמָמָ֖ה אֶעֱשֶׂה־לָּֽךְ
14 f Thus says my Lord Yahweh,
When all the earth is glad, desolation I will make for you.
3e 4B 8
14
כְּשִׂמְחָ֨תְךָ֜ לְנַחְלַ֧ת בֵּֽית־יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל עַ֥ל אֲשֶׁר־שָׁמֵ֖מָה כֵּ֣ן אֶעֱשֶׂה־לָּ֑ךְ
שְׁמָמָ֨ה תִֽהְיֶ֤ה הַר־שֵׂעִיר֙ וְכָל־אֱד֣וֹם כֻּלָּ֔הּ וְיָדְע֖וּ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
15 As you were glad over the inheritance of the house of Israel, in that it was desolate, so I will do for you.
Desolate you will be, hill of Seir, and all Edom, all of her, and they will know that I am Yahweh.
3c 4C 22
21


No comments:

Post a Comment