Monday 5 June 2017

Genesis 24

Long chapter. The servant has a more awkward character than I remember, (if I have judged the glosses well enough).
Genesis 24 Fn Min Max Syll
וְאַבְרָהָ֣ם זָקֵ֔ן בָּ֖א בַּיָּמִ֑ים
וַֽיהוָ֛ה בֵּרַ֥ךְ אֶת־אַבְרָהָ֖ם בַּכֹּֽל
1 And Abraham was old when it comes to days,
and Yahweh blessed Abraham in everything.
3d 4B 10
10
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אַבְרָהָ֗ם אֶל־עַבְדּוֹ֙ זְקַ֣ן בֵּית֔וֹ הַמֹּשֵׁ֖ל בְּכָל־אֲשֶׁר־ל֑וֹ
שִֽׂים־נָ֥א יָדְךָ֖ תַּ֥חַת יְרֵכִֽי
2 And Abraham said to his servant, the eldest of his house, the governor of all that was his,
Set, if you will, your hand under my thigh.
3e 4B 21
9
וְאַשְׁבִּ֣יעֲךָ֔ בַּֽיהוָה֙ אֱלֹהֵ֣י הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם וֵֽאלֹהֵ֖י הָאָ֑רֶץ
אֲשֶׁ֨ר לֹֽא־תִקַּ֤ח אִשָּׁה֙ לִבְנִ֔י מִבְּנוֹת֙ הַֽכְּנַעֲנִ֔י אֲשֶׁ֥ר אָנֹכִ֖י יוֹשֵׁ֥ב בְּקִרְבּֽוֹ
3 And I will have you swear in Yahweh the God of the heavens, and the God of the land,
that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanite among whom I have settled.
3e 4C 19
24
כִּ֧י אֶל־אַרְצִ֛י וְאֶל־מוֹלַדְתִּ֖י תֵּלֵ֑ךְ
וְלָקַחְתָּ֥ אִשָּׁ֖ה לִבְנִ֥י לְיִצְחָֽק
4 c For to my land and to my kindred you will go,
and take a wife for my son, for Yitschaq.
3c 4A 11
11
וַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֵלָיו֙ הָעֶ֔בֶד אוּלַי֙ לֹא־תֹאבֶ֣ה הָֽאִשָּׁ֔ה לָלֶ֥כֶת אַחֲרַ֖י אֶל־הָאָ֣רֶץ הַזֹּ֑את
הֶֽהָשֵׁ֤ב אָשִׁיב֙ אֶת־בִּנְךָ֔ אֶל־הָאָ֖רֶץ אֲשֶׁר־יָצָ֥אתָ מִשָּֽׁם
5 And the servant said to him, Perhaps the woman would not consent to walk after me to this land,
must I have your son return to the land from which you came forth?
3e 4C 27
19
וַיֹּ֥אמֶר אֵלָ֖יו אַבְרָהָ֑ם
הִשָּׁ֣מֶר לְךָ֔ פֶּן־תָּשִׁ֥יב אֶת־בְּנִ֖י שָֽׁמָּה
6 And Abraham said to him,
Keep watch for yourself lest you return my son there.
3e 4B 8
13
יְהוָ֣ה ׀ אֱלֹהֵ֣י הַשָּׁמַ֗יִם אֲשֶׁ֨ר לְקָחַ֜נִי מִבֵּ֣ית אָבִי֮ וּמֵאֶ֣רֶץ מֽוֹלַדְתִּי֒ וַאֲשֶׁ֨ר דִּבֶּר־לִ֜י וַאֲשֶׁ֤ר נִֽשְׁבַּֽע־לִי֙ לֵאמֹ֔ר לְזַ֨רְעֲךָ֔ אֶתֵּ֖ן אֶת־הָאָ֣רֶץ הַזֹּ֑את
ה֗וּא יִשְׁלַ֤ח מַלְאָכוֹ֙ לְפָנֶ֔יךָ וְלָקַחְתָּ֥ אִשָּׁ֛ה לִבְנִ֖י מִשָּֽׁם
7 Yahweh, the God of the heavens, who took me from the house of my father and from the land of my kindred, and who spoke to me and who swore to me, saying, To your seed I will give this land,
he will send his angel before you, and you will take a wife for my son from there.
3d 4C 51
20
וְאִם־לֹ֨א תֹאבֶ֤ה הָֽאִשָּׁה֙ לָלֶ֣כֶת אַחֲרֶ֔יךָ וְנִקִּ֕יתָ מִשְּׁבֻעָתִ֖י זֹ֑את
רַ֣ק אֶת־בְּנִ֔י לֹ֥א תָשֵׁ֖ב שָֽׁמָּה
8 And if the woman will not consent to walk after you, then you will be exempted from this oath.
Certainly do not bring my son back there.
3e 4C 24
9
וַיָּ֤שֶׂם הָעֶ֙בֶד֙ אֶת־יָד֔וֹ תַּ֛חַת יֶ֥רֶךְ אַבְרָהָ֖ם אֲדֹנָ֑יו
וַיִּשָּׁ֣בַֽע ל֔וֹ עַל־הַדָּבָ֖ר הַזֶּֽה
9 And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master,
and swore to him concerning this matter.
3d 4C 19
11
וַיִּקַּ֣ח הָ֠עֶבֶד עֲשָׂרָ֨ה גְמַלִּ֜ים מִגְּמַלֵּ֤י אֲדֹנָיו֙ וַיֵּ֔לֶךְ וְכָל־ט֥וּב אֲדֹנָ֖יו בְּיָד֑וֹ
וַיָּ֗קָם וַיֵּ֛לֶךְ אֶל־אֲרַ֥ם נַֽהֲרַ֖יִם אֶל־עִ֥יר נָחֽוֹר
10 And the servant took ten camels from the camels of his master and he went. (For all the good of his master was in his hand).
And he arose and he went to the Aramaean rivers, to the city of Nahor.
3d 4C 30
16
וַיַּבְרֵ֧ךְ הַגְּמַלִּ֛ים מִח֥וּץ לָעִ֖יר אֶל־בְּאֵ֣ר הַמָּ֑יִם
לְעֵ֣ת עֶ֔רֶב לְעֵ֖ת צֵ֥את הַשֹּׁאֲבֹֽת
11 And he made the camels kneel outside of the city by a well of the waters,
at the time of evening, at the time to emerge to draw water.
3c 4B 16
10
וַיֹּאמַ֓ר ׀ יְהוָ֗ה אֱלֹהֵי֙ אֲדֹנִ֣י אַבְרָהָ֔ם הַקְרֵה־נָ֥א לְפָנַ֖י הַיּ֑וֹם
וַעֲשֵׂה־חֶ֕סֶד עִ֖ם אֲדֹנִ֥י אַבְרָהָֽם
12 And he said, Yahweh, the God of my master Abraham, let it transpire, if you will, in my presence today,
and do kindness with my master Abraham.
3e 4B 22
12
הִנֵּ֛ה אָנֹכִ֥י נִצָּ֖ב עַל־עֵ֣ין הַמָּ֑יִם
וּבְנוֹת֙ אַנְשֵׁ֣י הָעִ֔יר יֹצְאֹ֖ת לִשְׁאֹ֥ב מָֽיִם
13 Behold I will take a stand over the spring of water,
and the daughters of those of the city will emerge to draw water.
3d 4B 12
12
וְהָיָ֣ה הַֽנַּעֲרָ֗ אֲשֶׁ֨ר אֹמַ֤ר אֵלֶ֙יהָ֙ הַטִּי־נָ֤א כַדֵּךְ֙ וְאֶשְׁתֶּ֔ה וְאָמְרָ֣ה שְׁתֵ֔ה וְגַם־גְּמַלֶּ֖יךָ אַשְׁקֶ֑ה
אֹתָ֤הּ הֹכַ֙חְתָּ֙ לְעַבְדְּךָ֣ לְיִצְחָ֔ק וּבָ֣הּ אֵדַ֔ע כִּי־עָשִׂ֥יתָ חֶ֖סֶד עִם־אֲדֹנִֽי
14 And let it be the lass to whom I say, Stretch out please your pitcher that I may imbibe, and she says, Imbibe, and also I will let your camels drink.
Let her be the one who is correct for your servant, for Yitschaq, and in her I will know that you have done kindness with my master.
3e 4C 34
25
וַֽיְהִי־ה֗וּא טֶרֶם֮ כִּלָּ֣ה לְדַבֵּר֒ וְהִנֵּ֧ה רִבְקָ֣ה יֹצֵ֗את אֲשֶׁ֤ר יֻלְּדָה֙ לִבְתוּאֵ֣ל בֶּן־מִלְכָּ֔ה אֵ֥שֶׁת נָח֖וֹר אֲחִ֣י אַבְרָהָ֑ם
וְכַדָּ֖הּ עַל־שִׁכְמָֽהּ
15 And it happened before he finished speaking, and behold Rebekah emerged, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, wife of Nahor, brother of Abraham,
and her pitcher over her backside.
3c 4C 35
6
וְהַֽנַּעֲרָ֗ טֹבַ֤ת מַרְאֶה֙ מְאֹ֔ד בְּתוּלָ֕ה וְאִ֖ישׁ לֹ֣א יְדָעָ֑הּ
וַתֵּ֣רֶד הָעַ֔יְנָה וַתְּמַלֵּ֥א כַדָּ֖הּ וַתָּֽעַל
16 And the lass was very good of appearance, a virgin, and no man had known her,
and she came down toward the spring and filled her pitcher, and came up.
3e 4C 20
14
וַיָּ֥רָץ הָעֶ֖בֶד לִקְרָאתָ֑הּ
וַיֹּ֕אמֶר הַגְמִיאִ֥ינִי נָ֛א מְעַט־מַ֖יִם מִכַּדֵּֽךְ
17 And the servant raced to encounter her,
and he said, Let me gulp, please, a little of the water from your pitcher.
3d 4A 9
14
וַתֹּ֖אמֶר שְׁתֵ֣ה אֲדֹנִ֑י
וַתְּמַהֵ֗ר וַתֹּ֧רֶד כַּדָּ֛הּ עַל־יָדָ֖הּ וַתַּשְׁקֵֽהוּ
18 And she said, Imbibe my Lord,
and she was swift and brought down her pitcher onto her hand and gave him to drink.
3c 4B 8
15
וַתְּכַ֖ל לְהַשְׁקֹת֑וֹ
וַתֹּ֗אמֶר גַּ֤ם לִגְמַלֶּ֙יךָ֙ אֶשְׁאָ֔ב עַ֥ד אִם־כִּלּ֖וּ לִשְׁתֹּֽת
19 And when she finished letting him drink,
she said, Also for your camels I will draw, till even they have finished imbibing.
3e 4C 6
16
וַתְּמַהֵ֗ר וַתְּעַ֤ר כַּדָּהּ֙ אֶל־הַשֹּׁ֔קֶת וַתָּ֥רָץ ע֛וֹד אֶֽל־הַבְּאֵ֖ר לִשְׁאֹ֑ב
וַתִּשְׁאַ֖ב לְכָל־גְּמַלָּֽיו
20 And she was swift, and she upended her pitcher into the flume, and raced further to the well to draw,
and she drew for all his camels.
3d 4C 20
8
וְהָאִ֥ישׁ מִשְׁתָּאֵ֖ה לָ֑הּ
מַחֲרִ֕ישׁ לָדַ֗עַת הַֽהִצְלִ֧יחַ יְהוָ֛ה דַּרְכּ֖וֹ אִם־לֹֽא
21 And the man in a commotion for her,
kept silent to know, Did Yahweh prosper his way or not.
3c 4A 7
16
וַיְהִ֗י כַּאֲשֶׁ֨ר כִּלּ֤וּ הַגְּמַלִּים֙ לִשְׁתּ֔וֹת וַיִּקַּ֤ח הָאִישׁ֙ נֶ֣זֶם זָהָ֔ב בֶּ֖קַע מִשְׁקָל֑וֹ
וּשְׁנֵ֤י צְמִידִים֙ עַל־יָדֶ֔יהָ עֲשָׂרָ֥ה זָהָ֖ב מִשְׁקָלָֽם
22 And it happened that as the camels finished imbibing, that the man a took gold earring, a bekah its weight,
and two circlets for her hands, ten shekels weight of gold.
3e 4C 26
17
וַיֹּ֙אמֶר֙ בַּת־מִ֣י אַ֔תְּ הַגִּ֥ידִי נָ֖א לִ֑י
הֲיֵ֧שׁ בֵּית־אָבִ֛יךְ מָק֥וֹם לָ֖נוּ לָלִֽין
23 And he said, Whose daughter are you? Tell me please.
Is there in the house of your father a place for us to lodge?
3c 4B 11
11
וַתֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלָ֔יו בַּת־בְּתוּאֵ֖ל אָנֹ֑כִי
בֶּן־מִלְכָּ֕ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר יָלְדָ֖ה לְנָחֽוֹר
24 And she said to him, I am the daughter of Bethuel,
son of Milcah, to whom she gave birth for Nahor.
3e 4B 12
10
וַתֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלָ֔יו גַּם־תֶּ֥בֶן גַּם־מִסְפּ֖וֹא רַ֣ב עִמָּ֑נוּ
גַּם־מָק֖וֹם לָלֽוּן
25 And she said to him, both straw, and also silage in abundance, we have,
also a place to lodge.
3e 4B 15
5
וַיִּקֹּ֣ד הָאִ֔ישׁ וַיִּשְׁתַּ֖חוּ לַֽיהוָֽה 26 And the man bowed his head, and prostrated himself to Yahweh. 3e 4B 11
וַיֹּ֗אמֶר בָּר֤וּךְ יְהוָה֙ אֱלֹהֵי֙ אֲדֹנִ֣י אַבְרָהָ֔ם אֲ֠שֶׁר לֹֽא־עָזַ֥ב חַסְדּ֛וֹ וַאֲמִתּ֖וֹ מֵעִ֣ם אֲדֹנִ֑י
אָנֹכִ֗י בַּדֶּ֙רֶךְ֙ נָחַ֣נִי יְהוָ֔ה בֵּ֖ית אֲחֵ֥י אֲדֹנִֽי
27 And he said, Blessed is Yahweh, the God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken his kindness and his truth with my master.
I, on the journey, Yahweh guided me to the house of the brother of my master.
3d 4C 31
17
וַתָּ֙רָץ֙ הַֽנַּעֲרָ֔ וַתַּגֵּ֖ד לְבֵ֣ית אִמָּ֑הּ
כַּדְּבָרִ֖ים הָאֵֽלֶּה
28 And the lass raced and she told the household of her mother,
about these things.
3e 4B 14
6
וּלְרִבְקָ֥ה אָ֖ח וּשְׁמ֣וֹ לָבָ֑ן
וַיָּ֨רָץ לָבָ֧ן אֶל־הָאִ֛ישׁ הַח֖וּצָה אֶל־הָעָֽיִן
29 And Rebekah had a brother, and his name was Laban,
and Laban raced to the man outside, to the spring.
3c 4B 8
15
וַיְהִ֣י ׀ כִּרְאֹ֣ת אֶת־הַנֶּ֗זֶם וְֽאֶת־הַצְּמִדִים֮ עַל־יְדֵ֣י אֲחֹתוֹ֒ וּכְשָׁמְע֗וֹ אֶת־דִּבְרֵ֞י רִבְקָ֤ה אֲחֹתוֹ֙ לֵאמֹ֔ר כֹּֽה־דִבֶּ֥ר אֵלַ֖י הָאִ֑ישׁ
וַיָּבֹא֙ אֶל־הָאִ֔ישׁ וְהִנֵּ֛ה עֹמֵ֥ד עַל־הַגְּמַלִּ֖ים עַל־הָעָֽיִן
30 And it happened when he saw the earring, and the circlets on the hands of his sister, and when he heard the words of Rebekah his sister, saying, Thus spoke the man to me,
that he came to the man, and behold, he stood by the camels, by the spring.
3d 4C 39
19
וַיֹּ֕אמֶר בּ֖וֹא בְּר֣וּךְ יְהוָ֑ה
לָ֤מָּה תַעֲמֹד֙ בַּח֔וּץ וְאָנֹכִי֙ פִּנִּ֣יתִי הַבַּ֔יִת וּמָק֖וֹם לַגְּמַלִּֽים
31 And he said, Come in, blessed of Yahweh. Why stand outside?
And I, I have before me the house, and a place for the camels.
3e 4C 8
23
וַיָּבֹ֤א הָאִישׁ֙ הַבַּ֔יְתָה וַיְפַתַּ֖ח הַגְּמַלִּ֑ים
וַיִּתֵּ֨ן תֶּ֤בֶן וּמִסְפּוֹא֙ לַגְּמַלִּ֔ים וּמַ֙יִם֙ לִרְחֹ֣ץ רַגְלָ֔יו וְרַגְלֵ֥י הָאֲנָשִׁ֖ים אֲשֶׁ֥ר אִתּֽוֹ
32 And the man came towards the house, and untied the camels,
and he gave straw and silage for the camels, and water to wash his feet and the feet of the persons that were with him.
3e 4C 14
28
וַיּוּשַׂ֤ם לְפָנָיו֙ לֶאֱכֹ֔ל וַיֹּ֙אמֶר֙ לֹ֣א אֹכַ֔ל עַ֥ד אִם־דִּבַּ֖רְתִּי דְּבָרָ֑י
וַיֹּ֖אמֶר דַּבֵּֽר
33 And food was set before him, but he said, I will not eat until without fail I speak my words.
And he said, Speak.
3e 4C 23
5
וַיֹּאמַ֑ר
עֶ֥בֶד אַבְרָהָ֖ם אָנֹֽכִי
34 And he said,
Servant of Abraham I am.
3e 4A 3
8
וַיהוָ֞ה בֵּרַ֧ךְ אֶת־אֲדֹנִ֛י מְאֹ֖ד וַיִּגְדָּ֑ל
וַיִּתֶּן־ל֞וֹ צֹ֤אן וּבָקָר֙ וְכֶ֣סֶף וְזָהָ֔ב וַעֲבָדִם֙ וּשְׁפָחֹ֔ת וּגְמַלִּ֖ים וַחֲמֹרִֽים
35 And Yahweh blessed my master very much, and he became great,
and he gave him sheep and oxen, and silver and gold, and servants and handmaids, and camels and asses.
3c 4C 13
28
וַתֵּ֡לֶד שָׂרָה֩ אֵ֨שֶׁת אֲדֹנִ֥י בֵן֙ לַֽאדֹנִ֔י אַחֲרֵ֖י זִקְנָתָ֑הּ
וַיִּתֶּן־לּ֖וֹ אֶת־כָּל־אֲשֶׁר־לֽוֹ
36 And Sarah, wife of my master, gave birth to a son to my master after she was old,
and he has given him all that he has.
3e 4A 20
9
וַיַּשְׁבִּעֵ֥נִי אֲדֹנִ֖י לֵאמֹ֑ר
לֹא־תִקַּ֤ח אִשָּׁה֙ לִבְנִ֔י מִבְּנוֹת֙ הַֽכְּנַעֲנִ֔י אֲשֶׁ֥ר אָנֹכִ֖י יֹשֵׁ֥ב בְּאַרְצֽוֹ
37 And my master made me swear, saying,
You will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanite in whose land I have settled.
3e 4C 10
22
אִם־לֹ֧א אֶל־בֵּית־אָבִ֛י תֵּלֵ֖ךְ וְאֶל־מִשְׁפַּחְתִּ֑י
וְלָקַחְתָּ֥ אִשָּׁ֖ה לִבְנִֽי
38 Rather to the house of my father you will go, and to my family,
and take a wife for my son.
3c 4A 13
8
וָאֹמַ֖ר אֶל־אֲדֹנִ֑י
אֻלַ֛י לֹא־תֵלֵ֥ךְ הָאִשָּׁ֖ה אַחֲרָֽי
39 And I said to my master,
Perhaps the woman will not walk after me.
3d 4A 7
10
וַיֹּ֖אמֶר אֵלָ֑י
יְהוָ֞ה אֲשֶׁר־הִתְהַלַּ֣כְתִּי לְפָנָ֗יו יִשְׁלַ֨ח מַלְאָכ֤וֹ אִתָּךְ֙ וְהִצְלִ֣יחַ דַּרְכֶּ֔ךָ וְלָקַחְתָּ֤ אִשָּׁה֙ לִבְנִ֔י מִמִּשְׁפַּחְתִּ֖י וּמִבֵּ֥ית אָבִֽי
40 And he said to me,
Yahweh before whom I walk will send his angel with you and will prosper your way, and you will take a wife for my son from my family and from the house of my father:
3e 4C 5
42
אָ֤ז תִּנָּקֶה֙ מֵאָ֣לָתִ֔י כִּ֥י תָב֖וֹא אֶל־מִשְׁפַּחְתִּ֑י
וְאִם־לֹ֤א יִתְּנוּ֙ לָ֔ךְ וְהָיִ֥יתָ נָקִ֖י מֵאָלָתִֽי
41 C Then you will be exempt from my avowal when you come to my family.
And if not they will permit you, then you will be exempt from my avowal.
3e 4C 15
16
וָאָבֹ֥א הַיּ֖וֹם אֶל־הָעָ֑יִן
וָאֹמַ֗ר יְהוָה֙ אֱלֹהֵי֙ אֲדֹנִ֣י אַבְרָהָ֔ם אִם־יֶשְׁךָ־נָּא֙ מַצְלִ֣יחַ דַּרְכִּ֔י אֲשֶׁ֥ר אָנֹכִ֖י הֹלֵ֥ךְ עָלֶֽיהָ
42 And I came today to the spring,
and I said, Yahweh the God of my master Abraham, if there is now your prospering of my way, that I have come upon her,
3e 4B 9
32
הִנֵּ֛ה אָנֹכִ֥י נִצָּ֖ב עַל־עֵ֣ין הַמָּ֑יִם
וְהָיָ֤ה הָֽעַלְמָה֙ הַיֹּצֵ֣את לִשְׁאֹ֔ב וְאָמַרְתִּ֣י אֵלֶ֔יהָ הַשְׁקִֽינִי־נָ֥א מְעַט־מַ֖יִם מִכַּדֵּֽךְ
43 Behold, I will take a stand over the spring of water,
and let it be the young woman who emerges to draw, and I say to her, Let me drink please a little of the water from your pitcher,
3d 4C 12
27
וְאָמְרָ֤ה אֵלַי֙ גַּם־אַתָּ֣ה שְׁתֵ֔ה וְגַ֥ם לִגְמַלֶּ֖יךָ אֶשְׁאָ֑ב
הִ֣וא הָֽאִשָּׁ֔ה אֲשֶׁר־הֹכִ֥יחַ יְהוָ֖ה לְבֶן־אֲדֹנִֽי
44 And she says to me, Also you imbibe, and also for your camels I will draw,
she be the woman that Yahweh finds correct for the son of my master.
3e 4C 18
16
אֲנִי֩ טֶ֨רֶם אֲכַלֶּ֜ה לְדַבֵּ֣ר אֶל־לִבִּ֗י וְהִנֵּ֨ה רִבְקָ֤ה יֹצֵאת֙ וְכַדָּ֣הּ עַל־שִׁכְמָ֔הּ וַתֵּ֥רֶד הָעַ֖יְנָה וַתִּשְׁאָ֑ב
וָאֹמַ֥ר אֵלֶ֖יהָ הַשְׁקִ֥ינִי נָֽא
45 I, before I finished speaking to my heart, and behold Rebekah emerged and her pitcher over her backside, and she came down toward the spring and she drew,
and I said to her, Let me drink, please.
3e 4C 35
10
וַתְּמַהֵ֗ר וַתּ֤וֹרֶד כַּדָּהּ֙ מֵֽעָלֶ֔יהָ וַתֹּ֣אמֶר שְׁתֵ֔ה וְגַם־גְּמַלֶּ֖יךָ אַשְׁקֶ֑ה
וָאֵ֕שְׁתְּ וְגַ֥ם הַגְּמַלִּ֖ים הִשְׁקָֽתָה
46 And she was swift, and brought down her pitcher from over her, and she said, Imbibe and also your camels I will let drink.
And I imbibed, and also the camels drank.
3e 4C 25
11
וָאֶשְׁאַ֣ל אֹתָ֗הּ וָאֹמַר֮ בַּת־מִ֣י אַתְּ֒ וַתֹּ֗אמֶר בַּת־בְּתוּאֵל֙ בֶּן־נָח֔וֹר אֲשֶׁ֥ר יָֽלְדָה־לּ֖וֹ מִלְכָּ֑ה
וָאָשִׂ֤ם הַנֶּ֙זֶם֙ עַל־אַפָּ֔הּ וְהַצְּמִידִ֖ים עַל־יָדֶֽיהָ
47 And I asked her, and I said, Daughter of whom? And she said, The daughter of Bethuel son of Nahor to whom Milcah gave birth for him.
And I set the earring for her nose, and the circlets for her hands.
3e 4C 28
17
וָאֶקֹּ֥ד וָֽאֶשְׁתַּחֲוֶ֖ה לַיהוָ֑ה
וָאֲבָרֵ֗ךְ אֶת־יְהוָה֙ אֱלֹהֵי֙ אֲדֹנִ֣י אַבְרָהָ֔ם אֲשֶׁ֤ר הִנְחַ֙נִי֙ בְּדֶ֣רֶךְ אֱמֶ֔ת לָקַ֛חַת אֶת־בַּת־אֲחִ֥י אֲדֹנִ֖י לִבְנֽוֹ
48 And I bowed my head and I prostrated myself to Yahweh,
and I blessed Yahweh, the God of my master Abraham, who had guided me on a journey of truth, to receive the daughter of the brother of my master for his son.
3d 4C 10
38
וְ֠עַתָּה אִם־יֶשְׁכֶ֨ם עֹשִׂ֜ים חֶ֧סֶד וֶֽאֱמֶ֛ת אֶת־אֲדֹנִ֖י הַגִּ֣ידוּ לִ֑י
וְאִם־לֹ֕א הַגִּ֣ידוּ לִ֔י וְאֶפְנֶ֥ה עַל־יָמִ֖ין א֥וֹ עַל־שְׂמֹֽאל
49 ~ So now if it is for you to undertake kindness and truth with my master, make it clear to me,
and if not, make it clear to me, and I will face to the right hand or to the left.
3c 4B 21
17
וַיַּ֨עַן לָבָ֤ן וּבְתוּאֵל֙ וַיֹּ֣אמְר֔וּ מֵיְהוָ֖ה יָצָ֣א הַדָּבָ֑ר
לֹ֥א נוּכַ֛ל דַּבֵּ֥ר אֵלֶ֖יךָ רַ֥ע אוֹ־טֽוֹב
50 And Laban and Bethuel answered and they said, From Yahweh emerges this thing.
We are not able to speak with you evil or good.
3d 4C 19
11
הִנֵּֽה־רִבְקָ֥ה לְפָנֶ֖יךָ קַ֣ח וָלֵ֑ךְ
וּתְהִ֤י אִשָּׁה֙ לְבֶן־אֲדֹנֶ֔יךָ כַּאֲשֶׁ֖ר דִּבֶּ֥ר יְהוָֽה
51 Behold Rebekah before you. Take and go.
And may she become a wife to the son of your master as Yahweh has spoken.
3e 4C 11
17
וַיְהִ֕י כַּאֲשֶׁ֥ר שָׁמַ֛ע עֶ֥בֶד אַבְרָהָ֖ם אֶת־דִּבְרֵיהֶ֑ם
וַיִּשְׁתַּ֥חוּ אַ֖רְצָה לַֽיהוָֽה
52 And it happened that as the servant of Abraham heard their words,
he prostrated himself to the earth to Yahweh.
3d 4A 16
8
וַיּוֹצֵ֨א הָעֶ֜בֶד כְּלֵי־כֶ֨סֶף וּכְלֵ֤י זָהָב֙ וּבְגָדִ֔ים וַיִּתֵּ֖ן לְרִבְקָ֑ה
וּמִ֨גְדָּנֹ֔ת נָתַ֥ן לְאָחִ֖יהָ וּלְאִמָּֽהּ
53 And the servant brought forth vessels of silver and vessels of gold and garments that he gave to Rebekah,
and things of quality he gave to her brother and to her mother.
3e 4C 22
13
וַיֹּאכְל֣וּ וַיִּשְׁתּ֗וּ ה֛וּא וְהָאֲנָשִׁ֥ים אֲשֶׁר־עִמּ֖וֹ וַיָּלִ֑ינוּ
וַיָּק֣וּמוּ בַבֹּ֔קֶר וַיֹּ֖אמֶר שַׁלְּחֻ֥נִי לַֽאדֹנִֽי
54 And they ate and they imbibed, he and everyone that was with him, then they lodged.
And they arose in the morning, and he said, Send me to my master.
3d 4B 20
16
וַיֹּ֤אמֶר אָחִ֙יהָ֙ וְאִמָּ֔הּ תֵּשֵׁ֨ב הַנַּעֲרָ֥ אִתָּ֛נוּ יָמִ֖ים א֣וֹ עָשׂ֑וֹר
אַחַ֖ר תֵּלֵֽךְ
55 And her brother said and her mother, Let the lass sit with us a few days, ten or so.
After that, she will go.
3d 4C 23
4
וַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֲלֵהֶם֙ אַל־תְּאַחֲר֣וּ אֹתִ֔י וַֽיהוָ֖ה הִצְלִ֣יחַ דַּרְכִּ֑י
שַׁלְּח֕וּנִי וְאֵלְכָ֖ה לַֽאדֹנִֽי
56 And he said to them, Do not delay me, for Yahweh has prospered my journey.
Send me, that I may go to my master.
3e 4C 20
9
וַיֹּאמְר֖וּ נִקְרָ֣א לַֽנַּעֲרָ֑
וְנִשְׁאֲלָ֖ה אֶת־פִּֽיהָ
57 And they said, We will call the lass,
and ask her from her mouth.
3e 4B 9
7
וַיִּקְרְא֤וּ לְרִבְקָה֙ וַיֹּאמְר֣וּ אֵלֶ֔יהָ הֲתֵלְכִ֖י עִם־הָאִ֣ישׁ הַזֶּ֑ה
וַתֹּ֖אמֶר אֵלֵֽךְ
58 And they called to Rebekah, and they said to her, Will you go with this man?
And she said, I will go.
3e 4C 21
5
וַֽיְשַׁלְּח֛וּ אֶת־רִבְקָ֥ה אֲחֹתָ֖ם וְאֶת־מֵנִקְתָּ֑הּ
וְאֶת־עֶ֥בֶד אַבְרָהָ֖ם וְאֶת־אֲנָשָֽׁיו
59 And they sent Rebekah, their sister, and her nanny,
and the servant of Abraham, and his men.
3d 4A 14
12
וַיְבָרֲכ֤וּ אֶת־רִבְקָה֙ וַיֹּ֣אמְרוּ לָ֔הּ אֲחֹתֵ֕נוּ אַ֥תְּ הֲיִ֖י לְאַלְפֵ֣י רְבָבָ֑ה
וְיִירַ֣שׁ זַרְעֵ֔ךְ אֵ֖ת שַׁ֥עַר שֹׂנְאָֽיו
60 And they blessed Rebekah, and they said to her, Our sister, may you become thousands of tens of thousands,
And may your seed possess the gate of those who hate them.
3e 4C 24
10
וַתָּ֨קָם רִבְקָ֜ה וְנַעֲרֹתֶ֗יהָ וַתִּרְכַּ֙בְנָה֙ עַל־הַגְּמַלִּ֔ים וַתֵּלַ֖כְנָה אַחֲרֵ֣י הָאִ֑ישׁ
וַיִּקַּ֥ח הָעֶ֛בֶד אֶת־רִבְקָ֖ה וַיֵּלַֽךְ
61 And Rebekah arose and her lasses, and they rode on the camels, and they went after the man,
and the servant took Rebekah and he went.
3d 4B 28
12
וְיִצְחָק֙ בָּ֣א מִבּ֔וֹא בְּאֵ֥ר לַחַ֖י רֹאִ֑י
וְה֥וּא יוֹשֵׁ֖ב בְּאֶ֥רֶץ הַנֶּֽגֶב
62 And Yitschaq came from the entry of the well of Life Seeing Me,
for he inhabited in the land of the Negev.
3e 4B 12
10
וַיֵּצֵ֥א יִצְחָ֛ק לָשׂ֥וּחַ בַּשָּׂדֶ֖ה לִפְנ֣וֹת עָ֑רֶב
וַיִּשָּׂ֤א עֵינָיו֙ וַיַּ֔רְא וְהִנֵּ֥ה גְמַלִּ֖ים בָּאִֽים
63 And Yitschaq went forth to ruminate in the field in the face of evening,
and he lifted up his eyes and he stared, and behold, camels coming.
3d 4C 15
15
וַתִּשָּׂ֤א רִבְקָה֙ אֶת־עֵינֶ֔יהָ וַתֵּ֖רֶא אֶת־יִצְחָ֑ק
וַתִּפֹּ֖ל מֵעַ֥ל הַגָּמָֽל
64 And Rebekah lifted up her eyes and she saw Yitschaq,
and fell from the camel.
3e 4C 15
8
וַתֹּ֣אמֶר אֶל־הָעֶ֗בֶד מִֽי־הָאִ֤ישׁ הַלָּזֶה֙ הַהֹלֵ֤ךְ בַּשָּׂדֶה֙ לִקְרָאתֵ֔נוּ וַיֹּ֥אמֶר הָעֶ֖בֶד ה֣וּא אֲדֹנִ֑י
וַתִּקַּ֥ח הַצָּעִ֖יף וַתִּתְכָּֽס
65 And she said to the servant, Who is this man, meandering in the field, and encountering us? And the servant said, He is my master.
And she took a blanket and covered herself.
3e 4C 32
9
וַיְסַפֵּ֥ר הָעֶ֖בֶד לְיִצְחָ֑ק
אֵ֥ת כָּל־הַדְּבָרִ֖ים אֲשֶׁ֥ר עָשָֽׂה
66 And the servant recounted for Yitschaq,
all the things that he had done.
3e 4A 9
9
וַיְבִאֶ֣הָ יִצְחָ֗ק הָאֹ֙הֱלָה֙ שָׂרָ֣ה אִמּ֔וֹ וַיִּקַּ֧ח אֶת־רִבְקָ֛ה וַתְּהִי־ל֥וֹ לְאִשָּׁ֖ה וַיֶּאֱהָבֶ֑הָ
וַיִּנָּחֵ֥ם יִצְחָ֖ק אַחֲרֵ֥י אִמּֽוֹ
67 And Yitschaq had her come towards the tent of Sarah, his mother, and he took Rebekah and she became his wife, and he loved her.
And Yitschaq was comforted, after his mother.
3c 4B 31
11
While working on this chapter, I did a couple of others in parallel. And several other corrections turned up as I was doing them all. They just do that. They turn up sometimes in the most unexpected places. I think I am keeping to my target of 100 verses a week. But a few of these (about 10% or so) are corrections to past work. The target is probably higher than it needs to be.

The reason I did this one was because I am behind in my word count so I did the longest chapter I could find. Quite low at the bottom of my list it was. Many corrections made to the emerging glossary. There are still just under 30000 unknown pieces in this puzzle, and probably 25000 of these are categorized incorrectly as to the word root.



No comments:

Post a Comment