Saturday 18 November 2023

#Psalmtweet #Psalter 79:1

 

Why should the nations say, Where is their God?

מִזְמ֗וֹר לְאָ֫סָ֥ף
אֱ‍ֽלֹהִ֡ים בָּ֤אוּ גוֹיִ֨ם ׀ בְּֽנַחֲלָתֶ֗ךָ טִ֭מְּאוּ אֶת־הֵיכַ֣ל קָדְשֶׁ֑ךָ
שָׂ֖מוּ אֶת־יְרוּשָׁלִַ֣ם לְעִיִּֽים
1 A psalm of Asaph.
O God the nations have come into your inheritance. They have defiled even your holy temple.
They have set up Jerusalem in shambles.
a mzmor lasf
alohim bau goiim bnkltç 'timau at-hicl qodwç
wmu at-iruwlim lyiim
5
20
10
m/zmr l/asp
alh\im ba\v gvi\m b/nkl\tc 'tma\v at hicl qdw\c
wm\v at irvwlm l/yi\im

All the music is available for every chapter of the Hebrew Bible in single PDFs, e.g. the psalms are here or combined PDFs. The combined are more recent. (The singles appear to have been run in 2020. I do not recall any significant changes in the program since about 2018. There are some changes I would like to make, but they are minor and confined to the mode with the augmented 4th and would be 'corrected' or at least questioned by any trained musician reading the transcriptions. Unfortunately I do not have this program under source library management. Also I seem not to have included the footer in the files. It identifies the run version -- currently 3.3. I have a copy of this version from 2021 - only changes are in comments.*) Feel free to use them native or as input to arrangements.

*A search of Google Drive uncovered a copy from 2015 - This is still version 3.3! And it may uncover for me the place where I can correct the alteration of g to g# in the augmented mode. It also shows me when I deleted the credits in the footer. So the long and short of this is that the older 2020 copies are note for note identical to the later combined copies.



No comments:

Post a Comment