Friday 3 November 2023

#Psalmtweet #Psalter 64:8

 

Karma

וַיֹּרֵ֗ם אֱלֹ֫הִ֥ים חֵ֥ץ פִּתְא֑וֹם
הָ֝י֗וּ מַכּוֹתָֽם
8 But God is shooting at them an arrow suddenly,
they become their defeat.
k viorm alohim kx ptaom
hiu mcotm
9
5
v/ir\m alh\im kx pt\avm
h/i\v mc\vtm

I wonder what it would have been like to live in the temple precincts when this ancient music was taught. I don't think I would have used this particular mode as often as Haïk-Vantoura suggests. Here is a journey in the imagination.

There are many today who doubt that this deciphering key is likely. I think they too should learn probability theory. I cannot imagine being able to decode a set of symbols so consistently if they had not been defined that way to begin with. For examples outside the psalms, see this introduction.



No comments:

Post a Comment