Monday 18 December 2023

#Psalmtweet #Psalter 109:4

 This psalm begins a sequence that does not end until psalm 119.

Very subdued music - no mid verse rest either

תַּֽחַת־אַהֲבָתִ֥י יִשְׂטְנ֗וּנִי וַאֲנִ֥י תְפִלָּֽה 4 Under the guise of my love they are my accusers. But I, I am a prayer.
d tkt-ahbti iw'tnuni vani tpilh 16
tkt ahb\ti i/w'tn\vni v/ani t/pl\h

Do you dare to read this psalm? Throughout the psalter, we read of the triumph of Yahweh, of Yahweh as king. Do we imagine Yahweh rules as an oligarch? As one who demands protection money and has a mafia-like network of friends?

Psalm 109:1-6 A prayer for justice against evil

לַ֭מְנַצֵּחַ לְדָוִ֣ד מִזְמ֑וֹר
אֱלֹהֵ֥י תְ֝הִלָּתִ֗י אַֽל־תֶּחֱרַֽשׁ
1 ♪g For the leader, of David a psalm.

God of my praise do not be silent.
a lmnxk ldvid mzmor
alohi thilti al-tkrw
9
11
lm/nxk l/dvd m/zmr
alh\i t/hl\ti al t/krw
כִּ֤י פִ֪י רָשָׁ֡ע וּֽפִי־מִ֭רְמָה עָלַ֣י פָּתָ֑חוּ
דִּבְּר֥וּ אִ֝תִּ֗י לְשׁ֣וֹן שָֽׁקֶר
2 ♪C For the mouth of a criminal and the mouth of deceit are open over me.
They speak to me with a false tongue.
b ci pi rwy upi-mrmh ylii ptku
dibru aiti lwon wqr
13
8
ci p\i rwy v/p\i m/rmh yl\i ptk\v
dbr\v at\i lwvn wqr
וְדִבְרֵ֣י שִׂנְאָ֣ה סְבָב֑וּנִי
וַיִּֽלָּחֲמ֥וּנִי חִנָּֽם
3 With hate-speech they surround me,
and they battle me for nothing.

g vdbri wnah sbbuni
viilkmuni kinm
9
8
v/dbr\i wna\h sbb\vni
vi/lkm\vni knm
תַּֽחַת־אַהֲבָתִ֥י יִשְׂטְנ֗וּנִי וַאֲנִ֥י תְפִלָּֽה 4 Under the guise of my love they are my accusers. But I, I am a prayer.
d tkt-ahbti iw'tnuni vani tpilh 16
tkt ahb\ti i/w'tn\vni v/ani t/pl\h
וַיָּ֘שִׂ֤ימוּ עָלַ֣י רָ֭עָה תַּ֣חַת טוֹבָ֑ה
וְ֝שִׂנְאָ֗ה תַּ֣חַת אַהֲבָתִֽי
5 And they set up evil for me under the guise of good,
and hatred under the guise of my love.

h viwimu ylii ryh tkt 'tobh
vwnah tkt ahbti
12
9
vi/wim\v yl\i ry\h tkt 'tvb\h
v/wna\h tkt ahb\ti
הַפְקֵ֣ד עָלָ֣יו רָשָׁ֑ע
וְ֝שָׂטָ֗ן יַעֲמֹ֥ד עַל־יְמִינֽוֹ
6 Make a criminal officiate over him,
and let the accuser stand at his right hand.
v hpqd yliv rwy
vw'tn iymod yl-imino
6
10
h/pqd yl\iv rwy
v/w'tn i/ymd yl imn\v

May the collective conscience of humanity, through the international criminal court, realize the difference between good and evil, between life and death, and choose the good, for the sake of the oppressed and the victim, and the people impoverished by those who seek power. 



No comments:

Post a Comment