Tuesday 30 November 2021

A free e-book in draft for Jonah


 I have ulterior motives in offering a free e-book.

  1. I am looking for backers, performers, brave souls to perform this short cantata. It is scored for 4 voices and harp. 
  2. I want to learn Biblical Hebrew better, and Jonah is the text that (I might say) God repeatedly assigned me over the last 45 years. I was not a promising student. So I can testify to the patience of the one who assigned it.
  3. I want others to learn how to read Biblical Hebrew in SimHebrew, a Latin equivalent to fully spelled Hebrew (consonantal Hebrew without vowel points or cantilation). SimHebrew is a reliable learning tool and will I am sure prove very helpful to me. But seriously, we cannot ignore the music.
  4. I would like feedback on how this kind of presentation of Biblical Hebrew works.
If you are interested, let me know (Twitter DM @drmacdonald) and I will send you a link. It summarizes what I have written about Jonah these past several years. And it summarizes my cantata and my thoughts about why it is important.


No comments:

Post a Comment