Thursday 11 February 2021

Psalms 62

It is absolutely remarkable how apt these psalms have been in the present circumstances. The farce to my south will soon be over and let us hope that the bulging house wall collapses and the fence dividing the people is pushed over. Do not favour the lie. The election was fair and square. And are we lucky that the people who have some care in their hearts have prevailed. Those of you who have believed the liar, (the ex-president over whom we are railing, he is the liar), change your minds - in old time language - repent. You are simply wrong in your adulation and your trust of this person.

thlim

Psalms

sb

62

almnxk yl-idutun mzmor ldvid. 1For the leader. For Jeduthun. A psalm. Of David.
baç al-alohim dumiih npwi.
mmnu iwuyti.
2Surely toward God my being is mute.
From him is my salvation.
gaç-hua xuri viwuyti,
mwgbi la-amo't rbh.
3Surely he is my rock and my salvation,
my retreat. I will not be exceedingly moved.
dyd-anh thottu yl-aiw trxku culcm,
cqir n'tui,
gdr hdkuih.
4How long please will you rail over a person? You will be demolished all of you,
as a bulging house wall,
a fence pushed over.
haç mwato iyxu lhdik irxu czb.
bpiv ibrcu,
ubqrbm iqllu-slh.
5Surely from his lifting up they conspire banishment. They favour a lie.
In his mouth, they bless,
but within they deny. Selah.
vaç lalohim domi npwi,
ci-mmnu tqvvti.
6Surely of God my being, be mute,
for from him I wait.
zaç-hua xuri viwuyti,
mwgbi la amo't.
7Surely he is my rock and my salvation,
my retreat. I will not be moved.
kyl-alohim iwyi ucbodi,
xur-yuzi mksi balohim.
8Upon God is my safety and my glory,
the rock of my strength, my refuge in God.
'tb'tku bo bcl-yt ym wpcu-lpniv lbbcm.
alohim mksh-lnu slh.
9Trust in him for all time, O people. Pour out in his presence your heart.
God is a refuge for us. Selah.
iaç hbl bni-adm czb bni-aiw.
bmazniim lylot,
hmh mhbl ikd.
10Surely the children of humanity are futility, a lie, the children - each.
To ascend in the balance,
they are altogether weightless.
iaal-tb'tku byowq ubgzl al-thblu.
kil ci-inub,
al-twitu lb.
11Do not trust in oppression or in robbery. Do not become futile.
If wealth profits,
do not set your heart on it.
ibakt dibr alohim wtiim-zu wmyti,
ci yoz lalohim.
12God spoke once. Twice I heard this,
for strength is God's.
igulç-adonii ksd,
ci-ath twlm laiw cmywhu.
13And of you my Lord there is mercy,
for you yourself pay each according to its deeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment