Sunday 7 February 2021

Psalm 61

 What a coincidence. Psalm 61 is the psalm for today's evensong at Selwyn.

thlim

Psalms

sa

61

almnxk yl-ngint ldvid. 1For the leader with strings. Of David.
bwmyh alohim rinti.
hqwibh tpilti.
2Hear O God my shout.
Attend to my prayer.
gmqxh harx aliç aqra by'tof libi.
bxur-irum mmni tnkni.
3From the extremity of the earth, to you I will call when my heart is overwhelmed.
To the rock that is higher than I you will guide me.
dci-hiit mksh li,
mgdl-yoz mpni aoib.
4For you have been my refuge,
a tower of strength from the face of an enemy.
hagurh baohlç yolmim.
aksh bstr cnpiç slh.
5I will guest in your tent everlastingly.
I will take refuge in the secrecy of your wings. Selah.
vci-ath alohim wmyt lndrii.
ntt iruwt irai wmç.
6For you O God have heard my vows.
You give the possession of those who fear your name.
zimim yl-imi-mlç tosif.
wnotiv cmo-dor vdor.
7Days to the days of the king you will add.
His years are as the generations.
kiiwb yolm lpni alohim.
ksd vamt mn inxruhu.
8He will sit ever before the face of God.
Kindness and truth [note the full spelling] will preserve him.
'tcn azmrh wmç lyd,
lwlmi ndrii iom iom.
9So I will sing psalms to your name for ever,
to pay my vows day by day.


No comments:

Post a Comment