My initial outline is this
- Leviathan in the Psalms and in Job,
- Consolation, Psalms 90-91, Isaiah 40, 53 and 55,
- Praise, Psalms 146, and 150.
- Exit, Exodus 15,
- Sanctuary, Exodus 25,
- Wandering, probably Baalam,
- Commandment, Deuteronomy 6, 10 and maybe others.
- Earth, Hannah,
- Rule, David, Solomon, Jezebel, Hezekiah,
- Instruction, Israel, The nations,
- Riddle, Song, Qohelet, Proverbs 8
- Lament, Psalm 42, 89, Lamentations
- Restoration, Psalms 110-112, Isaiah 61
- Reluctance, Jonah
Curious that I have Restoration as a subdivision of Exile. I've heard much on the wilderness as a metaphor for us, but I think the real problems are exile and our inability to deal with difference.
Appendix will be developed from my earlier paper on Punctuation and Music.
Mostly I want to make this a readable and singable book. Provisionally entitled, The Song in the Night.
Ideas as to what else I should include.