Sunday 24 April 2011

Psalm 71 - very suitable meditation for Easter

Brancusi - The Kiss
Psalm 71 is filled with the prefix M - often translated as 'from'. Listen to it and be close. David is singing of the one who desires for us to be one in him and he in us. (John 17)


אֱלֹהַי
פַּלְּטֵנִי מִיַּד רָשָׁע
מִכַּף
 מְעַוֵּל וְחוֹמֵץ
4
O my God
secure me from the hand of the wicked
from the palm
from an evil and sour person
כִּי אַתָּה תִקְוָתִי
אֲדֹנָי יְהוִה
מִבְטַחִי
 מִנְּעוּרָי
5
for you are my hope
O Lord יְהוָה
from my trust
from my youth
עָלֶיךָ נִסְמַכְתִּי מִבֶּטֶן
מִמְּעֵי אִמִּי אַתָּה גוֹזִי
בְּךָ תְהִלָּתִי תָמִיד
6
by you I have been supported from the belly
from the womb of my mother you yourself severed me
in you is my praise continually


Whole psalm here. Do study the repeating words - very worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment