Monday 17 May 2021

Psalms 17

What gives satisfaction?
thlim iz Psalms 17 Fn Min Max Syll
a tpilh ldvid
wmyh ihvh xdq hqwibh rinti hazinh tpilti
bla wpti mrmh
1 A prayer of David.
Hear Yahweh righteousness. Attend to my shout. Give ear to my prayer,
not from lips of deceit.
3e 4C 6
20
6
b mlpniç mwp'ti iixa
yiniç tkzinh miwrim
2 From your presence emerges my judgment.
Your eyes gaze on uprightness.
g 3e 4B 9
10
g bknt libi pqdt lilh xrptni bl-tmxa
zmoti bl-iybor-pi
3 You have tested my heart. You have visited in the night. You have refined me till nothing is found.
I intend that my mouth will not go beyond...

~ 3e 4C 17
8
d lpyulot adm bdbr wptiç
ani wmrti aorkot prix
4 About the works of humanity, in the word of your lips,
I myself kept from the paths of one who breaks open.
3e 4B 11
9
h tmoç awurii bmyglotiç
bl-nmo'tu pymii
5 Maintain my steps in your tracks.
My footfall does not slip.
3e 4B 11
7
v ani-qratiç ci-tynni al
h't-aoznç li wmy amrti
6 I myself have called you because you answer, O God.
Bend your ear to me, hear my promise.
3e 4B 11
10
z hplh ksdiç mowiy kosim
mmtqommim biminç
7 Reserve your kindness, you who save those who take refuge,
from those who arise by your right hand.
3e 4B 11
8
k womrni caiwon bt-yin
bxl cnpiç tstirni
8 Keep me as the daughter pictured in an eye.
In the shadow of your wings, hide me,
g 3e 4B 9
10
't mpni rwyim zu wduni
aoibii bnpw iqipu ylii
9 from the faces of the wicked that devastate me,
hostile in being encompassing me.

3e 4B 9
10
i klbmo sgru
pimo dibru bgaut
10 Their grossness, they imprison.
Their mouth, they speak with pride.
3e 4A 5
7
ia awurinu yth sbbunu
yinihm iwitu ln'tot barx
11 Our steps now, they surround us.
They have their eyes set, bending over the earth.
g 3e 4B 10
11
ib dmiono carih icsof l'trof
vccpir iowb bmstrim
12 Its likeness is like a lion that salivates to tear,
and like a cub sitting in hidden places.
3e 4B 10
9
ig qumh ihvh qdmh pniv hcriyhu
pl'th npwi mrwy krbç
13 Arise Yahweh, confront to its face. Make it bow down.
Secure me from the wicked, your sword,
3e 4C 12
10
id mmtim idç ihvh mmtim mkld klqm bkiim uxpunç tmla b'tnm
iwbyu bnim
vhniku itrm lyollihm
14 from men, your hand, Yahweh, from men, from transience, their share in their lives, whose bellies you fill with your treasure.
Let them be satisfied with children,
and leave their surplus to their progeny.
3d 4A 24
5
10
'tv ani bxdq akzh pniç
awbyh bhqix tmuntç
15 I in righteousness will gaze on your face.
I will be satisfied to awaken in your similitude.
3e 4B 11
11

The music for this psalm is here. It opens with a great cry and strange definition of the cola of the first verse. The accents do not accentuate the obvious, but emphasize the last 6 syllables. Have a look at the rest as you read through the psalm. There is no performance available. Do one if you want to, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment