As I developed the calculation I noticed that I had not finished what I thought I had. About a dozen verses had been shortchanged. I had the complete text but I had failed to update the interlinear and it showed immediately. Where I was expecting 100.00, 99.xx showed up. But completion is a relative thing, isn't it. In this game, every new decision I make runs the risk of overturning a prior decision and having a ripple effect throughout the work.
My pace of reading will increase. Already it is more than double what it was. But no one should be in a hurry in this exercise. If one rushes, one misses the enjoyment of the new relationships among the words.
This is normally sorted by date in descending order. Some additional fields might be desirable, so I formatted a special query to see the whole in Tanach order. The table shows which verse I last changed and when. Over the last month, I have changed something in every book.
Of the two last columns, the first percentage is by word. This answers the question: How many of the words that I have, have I read and glossed in English. The second percentage is by chapter. This answers the question: How may of the chapters of the whole Bible have I in the data base.
If I keep going, I will finish. Nine books are completed out of 39. The 24 books of the Hebrew Bible are 39 books to the English. There are 2 of Samuel, 2 of Kings, 2 of Chronicles, 2 for Ezra-Nehemiah, and 12 for the minor prophets (for the English). That's a difference of 15 in the two ways of reckoning the contents of the 'Old' Testament.
Three of these are partially in the data, Job, Habakkuk and Malachi. Maybe I should go with those shorter prophetic books to see what I learn next. And the rest are barely begun, but at least one word of one chapter of each. Therefore at least one verse of one chapter of each.
|Book||Ch/Vs||Changed||% words in db||% all chapters|