Friday 16 July 2010

The seven link challenge

I got my warning and paid no attention to it. So I frequently stumbled on my way to the finish line. But - if I had paid attention I might never have got out of the gate or finished anything.

Via Dr Platypus - a great blog name, almost as good as the Velveteen Rabbi, From Problogger - does Darren Rowse ever get attention!
Today I thought it might be fun to do a bit of a fun challenge together that draws on a number of things that I’ve previously taught here on ProBlogger (see below for what these teachings are).
The idea is to publish a post that is a list of 7 links to posts that you and others have written that respond to the following 7 categories. Your links should be to:
  • Your first post
  • A post you enjoyed writing the most
  • A post which had a great discussion
  • A post on someone else’s blog that you wish you’d written
  • Your most helpful post
  • A post with a title that you are proud of
  • A post that you wish more people had read

So here's my note:
First post. I began blogging on my space when it was young and I had been writing on my own web page since sometime in the late 90s. My first blog post when blogs were blogs is in 2006 a short announcement here on Bob's log. This blog has far more action on it now that I have stopped posting, recently getting up to 100 page views a day. It contains links to 150+ diagrams on the psalms and first and second pass translations of the psalms. I don't write there any more since its archive is larger than 5M.
Most enjoyed. A hard question. I loved the five months I spent on Job. The final translation hardly counts as a post. Most of these posts are on yet another blog.
Discussion. I don't generate a lot of discussion - it usually takes place on other blogs. In the days when Iyov was blogging - he was among the best, we had a discussion of mystical interpretations here. It went over several posts. The more polemic is here where I began some posts on translation.
Wish I'd written. There aren't any from other writers I wish I'd written. There are some writers - particularly Rachel Barenblatt with her poetry - that I love because the poetry is like the psalms - both compact and full. J.K. Gayle has a great post on spin.
Helpful. From me? Perhaps the most helpful to me was the division of the Hebrew alphabet into two parts: those that form grammatical components and those that don't - 11 each. This division is helpful because it forms a constraint on reading and determining the possible root words. I used it in many posts on Hebrew parsing particularly the letter-by-letter series.
Title. This one - Holy Spittle, Batman. This Sunday School record is also my blog though there are other team members. Blogging hasn't quite caught on at church.
More read. This perhaps. Like Leviathan and the eyelids of dawn in Job, the foxes in the Song are an inclusio with the Shulamite for the whole poem.

Fellow bloggers - this is an interesting challenge though it is a bit self-oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment