Tuesday 27 September 2022

Teaching and learning

 In this recently started New Year, I am learning again. Learning for me comes best when I try to teach an idea and discover that I can't make it easy. Of course Hebrew isn't easy but while I recoil from the names assigned to the grammatical forms, I must learn to read better.

So here is Psalms 146 with the popups for vowels and accents. I want to see if I am roughly on target with respect to pronunciation.

Hey! You say. You've been translating for 16 years and you still can't read! 

You're right. All my learning has been visual rather than aural. The music helped me get away from the visual but you should have heard me in a modern Hebrew class during the pandemic. For the better part of the year, I was basically mute. (Of course everyone's accents were different etc etc but you know what I mean.) I did learn a lot about the differences between MH and BH. 

The superscripts below are the verse numbers. Note that on a mobile device you have to be using the web version for the popups to work. If you see a word without accents, note that it is connected by a hyphen to another word that will have an accent.



No comments:

Post a Comment