Saturday 29 August 2020

The surprises of organizing

I keep finding music I had forgotten I had written. This one is from last year and written for violin and harp - a setting of Psalm 39. I also hadn't posted Jeremiah's message to Hananiah to my channel. If I don't do these things, I will forget they exist. 

There are hundreds of scraps of manuscripts lying around. Many of them are early versions of what I have done recently. My first output for this genre was over 8 years ago. Probably David's lament over the death of Absalom. I wonder what I would do with it today.

I have been working on Ruth for a solo performance. I think Esther would make an opera. Who's game?

I am looking for arrangers. And I am doing a fundraiser for the Church where we have a project account set up to put public examples of this music together. 

Please donate if you would like to contribute. 



No comments:

Post a Comment