Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Plan

The title of this post is a quote from Kermit the Frog.  What is my Plan this year.  Last year's plan was achieved. The proof of the pudding is at PoC with its 120 posts, 10 per month. This will continue with a more frequent pace (1 per day) for the Songs of Ascent. I hope I can keep up - for I continue to notice new things.

Today I received my copy of the Jewish Annotated NT - finally I will reread the NT - I wonder what this will do to me.  I will spread this out over the year I think.

I will also continue composing - layer by layer, sketch by sketch, testing the rhythm of my translation. Sections of the music will be aural references to other sections. I will now move away from strict sequential composition and sketch several scattered sections at once so that when I come to them I remember what I already have written - (Bayard makes it clear how memory often fails a writer - true of music also.)

And like all good humans, I will likely continue decomposing too.  But I hope to stop a few pesky aspects of my constitution. So far so good.

Happy New Year again!

No comments:

Post a Comment