Monday 6 December 2021

Isaiah 40

 Isaiah 40 was the lesson last night. I was surprised at my rendering so I checked the old version and the notes I made 4 years ago. The things we can't remember!

Who can search for a nettle in a hapax? Bob the Butcher. 

There are many surprises in this chapter. And if you think about them, they make sense, but not according to the careless synonyms of traditional translations with their presumed theologies. Is acceptance of iniquity the gospel or the beginning of a radical atheism?

One thing about my translation is that the decisions are transparent  and not hidden in the notes of a committee. Just use the concordance and see how rarely I have overlapped my glosses. Then by all means and with all tools, question.

Let us make up what is lacking in the suffering of the people who do not know their left hand from their right, not to mention all the animals.



No comments:

Post a Comment