Tuesday 17 November 2020

Devising a presentation for a 300,000+ piece puzzle

I think, as Fagan sang, I'd better think it out again. 

The puzzle is big but not insurmountable as puzzle. The 305,377 words are governed by 4070 stems, these in turn may be subdivided by the 401 two-letter combinations that begin them. 

So what about 401 two letter links to whatever these two letters govern. By happenstance I failed to use f as final p, so to get around the + problem in links, I will substitute f for the + in the link and it will represent tet without trouble. (I am trying to explain to myself how this has happened. I do convert input Unicode 1507 to f but it never seems to have mattered! It turns out that the conversion program never uses f - great - the internal use of + is not needed. Use f instead. ) In fact the conversion program does use f but only for a final peh, and this is irrelevant internally in the root list.

My links are henceforth reduced to 401. That will fit in a multi column newspaper format easily. So soon you will see a new page on my blog that points one letter pair at a time to every word in the scripture and you can tell me if this is useful (when I finish generating all the pages).

(I see I can reduce this by 5 for the single letter prefixes which appear by themselves as roots seldom .. to be evaluated. I would simply include these with the next section. Reduction by 5 gives 396 pages - 4 columns of 99 elements each - not too big a page. - In fact Fagan had to think it out repeatedly!)


No comments:

Post a Comment