Friday 29 May 2015

Ole veyored data (Psalms and Job)

Where does the data occur, how often, and how does the data behave? Here are the verses for Job and Psalms at the moment. Reading Job for chapters 8-27, 29-42 is very rough, but sufficient to get the gist as to how the accents 'work'. Psalms after 72 are yet unpunctuated and may not agree with Hebrew carriage returns that are all automated based on the accents.

This is such a ridiculously long post I have severed much of it - because I have not yet got to the disciplined analysis of all the several hundred verses.

Job 3
הַיּ֥וֹם הַה֗וּא יְֽהִ֫י חֹ֥שֶׁךְ
אַֽל־יִדְרְשֵׁ֣הוּ אֱל֣וֹהַּ מִמָּ֑עַל
וְאַל־תּוֹפַ֖ע עָלָ֣יו נְהָרָֽה
4 That day - let it be darkness.
Let God not search for it from above,
nor let a sunbeam on it shine.
הַלַּ֥יְלָה הַהוּא֮ יִקָּחֵ֪ה֫וּ אֹ֥פֶל
אַל־יִ֭חַדְּ בִּימֵ֣י שָׁנָ֑ה
בְּמִסְפַּ֥ר יְ֝רָחִ֗ים אַל־יָבֹֽא
6 That night - let gloom take it.
Let it not be joined to the days of the year.
Into the count of months let it not come.
יֶחְשְׁכוּ֮ כּוֹכְבֵ֪י נִ֫שְׁפּ֥וֹ
יְקַו־לְא֥וֹר וָאַ֑יִן
וְאַל־יִ֝רְאֶ֗ה בְּעַפְעַפֵּי־שָֽׁחַר
9 Let the stars of its twilight be dark.
Let it expect light but have none.
Neither let it see the eyelids of dawn.
Job 7
גַּם־אֲנִי֮ לֹ֤א אֶחֱשָׂ֫ךְ פִּ֥י
אֲֽ֭דַבְּרָה בְּצַ֣ר רוּחִ֑י
אָ֝שִׂ֗יחָה בְּמַ֣ר נַפְשִֽׁי
11 Also I myself will not resist my mouth.
I speak in the straits of my spirit.
I ponder in the bitterness of my being.
חָטָ֡אתִי מָ֤ה אֶפְעַ֨ל ׀ לָךְ֮ נֹצֵ֪ר הָאָ֫דָ֥ם
לָ֤מָה שַׂמְתַּ֣נִי לְמִפְגָּ֣ע לָ֑ךְ
וָאֶהְיֶ֖ה עָלַ֣י לְמַשָּֽׂא
20 I have sinned. How will I work for you, observer of the human?
Why have you set me as your quarry
so that I am a liability to myself?
וּמֶ֤ה ׀ לֹא־תִשָּׂ֣א פִשְׁעִי֮ וְתַעֲבִ֪יר אֶת־עֲוֺ֫נִ֥י
כִּֽי־עַ֭תָּה לֶעָפָ֣ר אֶשְׁכָּ֑ב
וְשִׁ֖חֲרְתַּ֣נִי וְאֵינֶֽנִּי פ
21 And why do you not assume liability for my transgression and go beyond my iniquity?
For now in the dust I will lie down
and early you will seek me and there is no me.
Job 10
נָֽקְטָ֥ה נַפְשִׁ֗י בְּחַ֫יָּ֥י
אֶֽעֶזְבָ֣ה עָלַ֣י שִׂיחִ֑י
אֲ֝דַבְּרָה֗ בְּמַ֣ר נַפְשִֽׁי
1 In my life, I put up with my self.
.. and so on
... more later maybe as each chapter comes out

Job 42
מִ֤י זֶ֨ה ׀ מַעְלִ֥ים עֵצָ֗ה בְּֽלִ֫י דָ֥עַת
לָכֵ֣ן הִ֭גַּדְתִּי וְלֹ֣א אָבִ֑ין
נִפְלָא֥וֹת מִ֝מֶּ֗נִּי וְלֹ֣א אֵדָֽע
3 "who is this secreting counsel without knowledge?"
therefore I told and I had not understood
things too wonderful for me and I did not know
Psalms 1
אַ֥שְֽׁרֵי־הָאִ֗ישׁ‬ אֲשֶׁ֤ר ׀
לֹ֥א הָלַךְ֮ בַּעֲצַ֪ת רְשָׁ֫עִ֥ים
וּבְדֶ֣רֶךְ חַ֭טָּאִים לֹ֥א עָמָ֑ד
וּבְמוֹשַׁ֥ב לֵ֝צִ֗ים לֹ֣א יָשָֽׁב
1 Happy the person who
does not walk in the advice of the wicked
and in the way of sinners does not stand
and in the seat of the scornful does not sit.
וְֽהָיָ֗ה כְּעֵץ֮ שָׁת֪וּל עַֽל־פַּלְגֵ֫י מָ֥יִם
אֲשֶׁ֤ר פִּרְי֨וֹ ׀ יִתֵּ֬ן בְּעִתּ֗וֹ וְעָלֵ֥הוּ לֹֽא־יִבּ֑וֹל
וְכֹ֖ל אֲשֶׁר־יַעֲשֶׂ֣ה יַצְלִֽיחַ
3 Such a one will be like a tree transplanted by streams of water
that gives its fruit in its time and its leaf does not wither.
And in all that it does, it thrives.
Psalms 2
אֲסַפְּרָ֗ה אֶֽ֫ל חֹ֥ק
יְֽהוָ֗ה אָמַ֘ר אֵלַ֥י בְּנִ֥י אַ֑תָּה
אֲ֝נִ֗י הַיּ֥וֹם יְלִדְתִּֽיךָ
7 I will recount the decree.
Yahweh promised to me: You are my son.
I myself this day gave birth to you.
Psalms 3
אֲנִ֥י שָׁכַ֗בְתִּי וָֽאִ֫ישָׁ֥נָה
הֱקִיצ֑וֹתִי
כִּ֖י יְהוָ֣ה יִסְמְכֵֽנִי
6 I lie down and I sleep.
I awake,
for Yahweh supports me.

Psalms 4
בְּשָׁל֣וֹם יַחְדָּו֮ אֶשְׁכְּבָ֪ה וְאִ֫ישָׁ֥ן
כִּֽי־אַתָּ֣ה יְהוָ֣ה לְבָדָ֑ד
לָ֝בֶ֗טַח תּוֹשִׁיבֵֽנִי
9 In peace as one I will lie down and sleep,
for you Yahweh of solitude,
to trust you let me sit.
Psalms 5
כִּ֤י אֵ֪ין בְּפִ֡יהוּ
נְכוֹנָה֮ קִרְבָּ֪ם הַ֫וּ֥וֹת
קֶֽבֶר־פָּת֥וּחַ גְּרוֹנָ֑ם
לְ֝שׁוֹנָ֗ם יַחֲלִֽיקוּן
10 For there is no stability in its mouth. Within them calamities.
An open tomb their gullet.
With their tongues they divide.
הַֽאֲשִׁימֵ֨ם ׀ אֱ‍ֽלֹהִ֗ים
יִפְּלוּ֮ מִֽמֹּעֲצ֪וֹתֵ֫יהֶ֥ם
בְּרֹ֣ב פִּ֭שְׁעֵיהֶם הַדִּיחֵ֑מוֹ
כִּי־מָ֥רוּ בָֽךְ
11 Declare them guilty O God.
Let them fall in their conspiracies.
In their many transgressions banish them,
for they provoked you.

כִּֽי־אַתָּה֮ תְּבָרֵ֪ךְ צַ֫דִּ֥יק יְהוָ֑ה
כַּ֝צִּנָּ֗ה
רָצ֥וֹן תַּעְטְרֶֽנּוּ
13 For you yourself will bless a righteous one, Yahweh.
As the grappling hook with acceptance you will crown him.
Psalms 6
חָנֵּ֥נִי יְהוָה֮ כִּ֤י אֻמְלַ֫ל אָ֥נִי
רְפָאֵ֥נִי יְהוָ֑ה
כִּ֖י נִבְהֲל֣וּ עֲצָמָֽי
3 Be gracious to me, Yahweh, for I, I am feeble.
Heal me Yahweh,
for vexed are my bones.
Psalms 7
שִׁגָּי֗וֹן לְדָ֫וִ֥ד
אֲשֶׁר־שָׁ֥ר לַיהוָ֑ה
עַל־דִּבְרֵי־כ֝֗וּשׁ בֶּן־יְמִינִֽי
1 A reel of David
who sang to Yahweh,
over the words of Cush of Benjamin,
יְהוָה֮ יָדִ֪ין עַ֫מִּ֥ים
שָׁפְטֵ֥נִי יְהוָ֑ה
כְּצִדְקִ֖י וּכְתֻמִּ֣י עָלָֽי
9 Yahweh makes the case for the peoples.
Judge me Yahweh,
for my righteousness and for my completeness in me.
Psalms 8
מִפִּ֤י עֽוֹלְלִ֨ים ׀ וְֽיֹנְקִים֮
יִסַּ֪דְתָּ֫ עֹ֥ז
לְמַ֥עַן צוֹרְרֶ֑יךָ
לְהַשְׁבִּ֥ית א֝וֹיֵ֗ב וּמִתְנַקֵּֽם
3 from the mouths of babies and nurslings.
You have founded strength
for the sake of your adversaries,
that you might cease enemy and vengeance.

Psalms 9
הָֽאוֹיֵ֨ב ׀ תַּ֥מּוּ חֳרָב֗וֹת לָ֫נֶ֥צַח
וְעָרִ֥ים נָתַ֑שְׁתָּ
אָבַ֖ד זִכְרָ֣ם הֵֽמָּה
7 Here O enemy, completed are deserts in perpetuity,
and cities you have wiped out.
Perished is their memory of them.

לְמַ֥עַן אֲסַפְּרָ֗ה כָּֽל־תְּהִלָּ֫תֶ֥יךָ
בְּשַֽׁעֲרֵ֥י בַת־צִיּ֑וֹן
אָ֝גִ֗ילָה בִּישׁוּעָתֶֽךָ
15 so that I will recount all your praises
in the gates of the daughter of Zion.
I will rejoice in your salvation.
נ֤וֹדַ֨ע ׀ יְהוָה֮ מִשְׁפָּ֪ט עָ֫שָׂ֥ה
בְּפֹ֣עַל כַּ֭פָּיו נוֹקֵ֣שׁ רָשָׁ֑ע
הִגָּי֥וֹן סֶֽלָה
17 Yahweh is known, Judgment he makes.
In the work of his palms he lays a trap for the wicked.
Meditation. Selah.
שִׁ֘יתָ֤ה יְהוָ֨ה ׀ מוֹרָ֗ה לָ֫הֶ֥ם
יֵדְע֥וּ גוֹיִ֑ם
אֱנ֖וֹשׁ הֵ֣מָּה סֶּֽלָה
21 Impose, Yahweh. Fear to them.
let the nations know
their mortality. Selah.
Psalms 10
רָאִ֡תָה כִּֽי־אַתָּ֤ה ׀ עָ֘מָ֤ל וָכַ֨עַס ׀ תַּבִּיט֮ לָתֵ֪ת בְּיָ֫דֶ֥ךָ עָ֭לֶיךָ יַעֲזֹ֣ב חֵלֶ֑כָה
יָ֝ת֗וֹם
אַתָּ֤ה ׀ הָיִ֬יתָ עוֹזֵֽר
14 Regard you will, for you yourself take note of toil and grief to give by your hand.
To you the hapless defer.
The orphan you yourself will help.
לִשְׁפֹּ֥ט יָת֗וֹם וָ֫דָ֥ךְ
בַּל־יוֹסִ֥יף ע֑וֹד
לַעֲרֹ֥ץ אֱ֝נ֗וֹשׁ מִן־הָאָֽרֶץ
18 to judge orphan and crushed.
Adding no longer
to ruthlessness is mortal from the earth.
Psalms 11, 1, 4, 5 and so on - ask me for the full list from the psalms if you are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment