Wednesday 23 July 2014

Patheos blogs are badly behaved

I am removing all Patheos blogs from my reader. That includes Marcus Borg, Peter Enns, and James Mcgrath. While the content of these bloggers is very good and very interesting, the hosts are impolite: ads that start without permission, images of naked ladies pasted all over, a serious consumption of CPU cycles from these pages, jerky ads that stop you from reading and ugly popups that ask if you want to be further disturbed.

Pathetic - as Eeyore would say.  Bye folks - see you on Facebook maybe occasionally - but you are toast - hosted by the evil world - and I'm out of here.

4 comments:

  1. Fair criticisms. I will share your post with the folks at Patheos, since I've complained about many of these things myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you will show them. The load time for all pages is also very slow. And the mobile component is the worst I have seen for a blog site - answering is impossible and the horrid ads prevent even seeing the comment conversation. This is technique and ad-greed gone to seed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Is there a problem with the Patheos blogs? I hadn't noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that ads are necessary - but some methods of attracting the reader's attention are offensive. I still have James McGrath on my reader - I can read his posts without having to go to his site - so I will try occasionally to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete