Sunday 26 August 2012

Project milestone

Friends, I have delivered my manuscript Seeing the Psalter to the publisher. After 6 months of proofing, and 4 months of critical input from my wife, Diana, we have a manuscript. Based on my last post on this in June - it took three months to edit the last four books of the Psalter, Psalms 42-150. The book is 10 pages shorter and has several thousand minor improvements in brush strokes. Less is often more. I eliminated the Greek and Latin from the text. Hebrew and English are an adequate complexity. I have added a 2 page excursus on Music in the Psalms based on the te'amim of the Hebrew text. The te'amim are a compact musical score according to the theory of Suzanne Haik-Vantoura. Note Jonathan Wheeler's post on the problems with the te'amim in the manuscripts.




No comments:

Post a Comment