Thursday 6 July 2023

Lacking equipment and time

This page has been blank for 48 hours or more. Chasing the administration of building permits has been my job for three weeks. It is not a process I ever want to repeat.

Here's what we are trying to build. The little pod is our grandparent suite. The house is a duplex and will remain so with an extended family living on the one side.

Hopefully will become a home

In these days of war and lies and self-justification and rationalization using all the economic and religious power that is available, it is difficult to write anything coherent in response. (Example here - an appalling list of errors in thought and of course it is propaganda and brain-washing both for the speaker and the listener.)

The tweets I have been following are in these main subjects, the war in Ukraine and the religious justifications of the war by the Orthodox Church, the war between the complementarians and the egalitarians, and the disintegration of truth in general, particularly among those who label themselves after the Gospel. 

If someone retweets something, does that mean they agree with it? Maybe, maybe not. But I met an anti-woke inerrantist, via a couple of people that I know online, one of whom I trust implicitly, the other of whom is well taught and thorough, but whom I do not trust implicitly - let's just say that there are conflicts in the power dynamics. And if someone is educated and has knowledge - i.e. power, and is ordained to speak, let him be careful though he be careful for nothing (!) ... and he ought to be careful for nothing.

If as Jesus says, I am the truth, what are we to make of those who reduce him to tweets that are clearly not true?

Every apologetic argument I've had with liberal 'Chrsitians' [sic] boils down to this: they don't respect the infallibility, inerrancy or divine inspiration of the Holy Bible. It is a position of extreme hubris that places human intellect above God's divine mind as author of the bible.

I replied: I don’t respect the infallibility or the power-seeking of those who think the Bible is inerrant. Their thoughts are not God’s thoughts.

He replied: You can't know God's thoughts unless He chooses to reveal them in a concrete unchanging way. Thus the infallible and innerant [sic] Word!

I replied: nonsense. 

Clearly my shortest tweet to date. What a waste of time.

But another sequence gave me the opportunity to comment on law and process, a subject to which I have been subjected over the building permit application process. 

Clearly we cannot build physical house or spiritual house based on inadequate process and talking points.

I said this - in a response to the C of E Evangelical Council who tweeted a quote: ‘As a gay, celibate Anglican, I would need episcopal oversight and care from bishops who do not patronise me by commending my self-sacrifice while teaching that it is not necessary.’

I responded as follows: Anyone of any disposition may choose celibacy / abstinence. When the Bridegroom is present, there is no fear because the object of the Bridegroom’s love is made complete. Anyone who knows the love of God will not make laws in the Presence of the Holy. The laws, the hierarchy, and the protocols are made from the various phobias (=fears) from which we all suffer.

I have not seen a response like this anywhere - it's as if Christians don't know their own God, but only their own imagined rules. There is no mention of the experience implied by the apostle. Is there no understanding of the keys to Torah amongst the Christians?

I am tired of telling you chapter and verse - as if I could prove anything - come to your senses. Even the bureaucrats cannot get their bylaw enforcement to be sensible.



No comments:

Post a Comment