Wednesday 18 August 2021

Truth and Trust

What an astonishing array of links to articles on this subject I just received! The list of links is at the bottom of this post.

It was not just the Trump era that questioned our sense of what is true. We have all known the facts of propaganda throughout our lives. Even Hitler said he was doing the Lord's work - the quote is in East-West Street which I posted on here.

These 25 articles are on Torah and its trustworthiness. How I remember Mrs. Smith going on about the truth of Scripture. I don't know what she was talking about. Someone spoke through her to me, however, and I have searched my way a little to the point that I have some idea about what I am talking about. I have of course, contrary to many, actually read and studied the Scriptures enough to know just how human a creation they are. But they are something else as well. And to give Mrs. Smith credit, Exodus 34:6 was a favorite verse. And it's a goodie. Many of my favorite psalms are based on this verse.  This is the verse that Rabbi Lawrence Hoffman refers to in his article in the list.

The links to the articles are all conveniently here - https://www.thetorah.com/symposium/torat-emet.

It will take me a while to get through them all. 

Truth and trust apply everywhere of course, not just to big philosophical things, but to everyday things like driving on the right (or left if in the UK) side and stopping at stop signs and red lights (not red light districts - I suspect that image dates me).

-------

It's probably way beyond me to respond from my own vantage points to all these articles, each of which contain thoughts that are not foreign to me but that require further teasing out.



No comments:

Post a Comment