Wednesday 23 October 2019

Christmas is coming

and the choirs are preparing programmes.

I was just asked for some 'Christmas' music from Tanakh. Guess what - there's lots to be applied to hope, to Advent and so on and there is real continuity (no matter how often verses get taken out of context) in the traditions, but to find a carol in Tanakh - that's a stretch.

Nevertheless, try this one - Isaiah 9:5 (English verse 6) without all the syllables. (I will get it on my You-tube channel eventually).



A judiciously placed repeat sign will lengthen this from 1 minute to two.

I have also extended the lullaby of Proverbs 8 with a prelude including some fun sections with percussion as above (never as easy as you think it might be). So there's 7 minutes of music for a 'Christmas' program. (I hope you don't need to ask what Proverbs 8 has to do with Christmas or with the heavy burden of hope placed on our children - government on shoulders indeed!.)



No comments:

Post a Comment