Wednesday 18 April 2012

Glossary reduced to 13 pages or so

I have summarized all the glosses I used in my translation. I am quite surprised by the result. I went somewhat wild with synonyms for several words and I reduced the Hebrew roots to a bare minimum not keeping derived nouns separate from verbs etc. This leads to some strange bedfellows. The other strange thing is that a gloss may only work in a particular context. Just how subjective have I been? Very.

The summarized glossary is here. It was constructed mostly by hand giving me a chance to make another 100 or so (minor) changes to the evolving manuscript. (It looks fantastic on an I-Pad!) [glossary still under refinement - not likely to be updated or published by domain any time soon - very big idea since domain is so subjective]

No comments:

Post a Comment