Thinking out loud - what are the progressions:
- the first is from psalm 1-7, leading to psalm 8, celebrated by the attempted acrostic 9-10
- the second is to psalm 15, leading to psalm 16, progressing through to 19 and 24, celebrated by the acrostic 25
- the third ...
- the inner cells from 42 to 106 need further thought from me on this theme. Perhaps they are a failure of the progression of human government ...
- Psalm 107 has much to say of the general human condition and the city as haven.
- the next sequence is to psalm 110, celebrated by the acrostics 111, 112
- the next sequence is to psalm 118, and the adoration of the acrostic 119
- then there are the steps to the Holy in the Psalms of the Ascents
- then do we have another progression to psalm 139?
- the ultimate progression towards praise continues. Does 144 have a special role that it should be followed by the acrostic 145? Or does the final acrostic stand as a celebration of the whole formational process of the Psalter.
As I do my next work through of Books 2 to 4, I will be looking for clues...