Pages

▼

Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Call and answer, appeal and response, vocal engagement in the Psalms

In English, of course, we have many synonyms for appeal: call, listen, lend an ear, bend an ear, ask, supplicate, cry out, cry for help. And lots more that one could find with an online thesaurus.  Similarly in Hebrew there are several related words. In both languages, they all may have slightly different nuances. It might not be that the same word in Hebrew should be used for the same word in English. But perhaps, the nuance of Hebrew can be mapped synonym by synonym to English, or perhaps not. Who really knows since we have no native speakers of ancient Hebrew any more, certainly none who also speak English.

For some time I have been thinking of writing on the call and answer theme in the Psalms. It is so fundamental to our thinking about engagement with another. The actual response, the actual call, and their circumstances might be different in every case. How would we think about each case? How about our own situations?

One of the earliest monographs that I read on the psalms was on the word group around refuge: Creach, Jerome F. D. (1996). Yahweh as Refuge and the Editing of the Hebrew Psalter. I remember this as a very clear introduction and I would probably get much more from it now than I did when I first read it. Refuge is not call and answer - but these two areas of interest are strongly related in the Psalms. The raw data - considering call-answer and refuge, a grouping I am now calling 'engage', is listed below. It is too much to take in all at once.

Notice though a few initial points:
  • ask and give and refuge are defined in the first two psalms, themselves the introduction to the whole Psalter. The tree gives its fruit in its time; the anointed is given the inheritance of the nations; and it is in יהוה (the LORD referred to by Name) that there is refuge.
  • If you trace ask, (do a find ctrl-f in your browser to help see the occurrences of any word) you will find that ask has a certain ambivalence. It is possible to ask in rebellion or in mockery. Ask is positive in Psalms 2, 21 and 27, negative in Psalm 78 and its reflection in 105, positive in Psalm 122 (where it is usually translated pray), and negative in 137.
  • then we have those introductory individual psalms (3 to 7) where the individual learns that refuge is both holy and necessary, the holy being unapproachable at first, but a mandatory given the invitation.
  • In Psalm 9, a new word in this semantic field appears: a crying out, (צעק) a word that is not used again till Psalm 34, then not again till the two preparatory psalms (77 for the massive redemption history in 78, and 88 for great lament of 89). This cry out anticipates the opening of Book 5, Psalm 107, where it recurs for each example of trouble and rescue. It almost matches the spelling of appeal (זעק) in Psalm 142, this one spelled with a zayin and the first with a tsade. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.
  • One wants to note then, given the first appeal to refuge in Psalm 7 (from the anger of Psalm 6), where else does the psalmist claim such refuge?  Several psalms (11, 16, 18, 31 [my], 46 [our], 57, 71, 91, 144) have refuge in their first verses. Refuge may be for the individual or for the people. Notice, if you know the psalms in another translation, that refuge does not appear in the psalm of Moses (90), Lord thou has been our refuge (Coverdale). אֲדנֹּי מעוֹן אַתה היִיתָ לּנוּ. Well, I would not translate ma`on habitation, as refuge, especially when it is a word game in the psalm, a play on נעַֹּם (no`am) in verse 17, pleasure.
  • the words I want to consider are the hear-answer pair, and the vocal response of the silent God (consider the voice of Psalm 29 in response to the plea of Psalm 28). It appears that hear+answer is more common in the Davidic framework for the whole Psalter and in the Psalms with David in the inscription even in the middle books of the Psalter. In fact, it is most common in Book 1 (Psalms 1-41). The claiming of an answer is stronger in the beginning of Book 1 than at the end of Book 5. But praise is dominant in Book 5 where the appeal for an answer is also strong. Curious again...
  • Psalm 138, the beginning of the final David collection, also reflects the memory of a response In the day I called and you answered me... I reflect on the last verse of Psalm 97 as a result of this all to brief set of notes: be glad in יהוה you righteous ones and give thanks for the remembrance of his holiness.
  • Psalm 139 needs no appeal, for the poet is in the presence and knows it. 
  • Psalm 145:19 claims the promise of hearing their cry. 
  • In the final praises (146-150), the poet calls the reader to answer יהוה with thanksgiving, sing a psalm to our God upon a harp - and that harp may be interpreted (though not the same word in this case) as our own instrument as Donne so delightfully noted in his poem that I quoted last week.
Word usage for roots assigned to engage: call, answer, etc + refuge
Word and gloss * first usage12345678910123ChRoot
יתן gives [its fruit in its time]
░
1.3נתן
שׁאל ask [of me]
░
2.8שׁאל
ואתנה and I give [you the nations]
░
2.8נתן
חוסי who take refuge [in him]
░
2.12חסה
קולי my voice
░
3.5קול
אקרא I call
░
3.5קרא
ויענני and he answers me
░
3.5ענה
* בקראי when I call
░
4.2קרא
ענני answer me
░
4.2ענה
חנני be gracious
░
4.2חנן
* ושׁמע and hear
░
4.2שׁמע
* ישׁמע will hear
░
4.4שׁמע
* בקראי when I call
░
4.4קרא
נתתה you have given [gladness in my heart]
░
4.8נתן
האזינה give ear to
░
5.2אזן
* לקול to the voice of
░
5.3קול
שׁועי my cry
░
5.3שׁוע
תשׁמע you will hear
░
5.4שׁמע
* קולי my voice
░
5.4קול
חוסי who take refuge
░
5.12חסה
* חנני be gracious to me
░
6.3חנן
שׁמע has heard
░
6.9שׁמע
קול the voice of
░
6.9קול
שׁמע hears
░
6.10שׁמע
* תחנתי my supplication
░
6.10חנן
חסיתי [in you] I take refuge
░
7.2חסה
תונה is chanted
░
8.2נתן
צעקת the outcry of
░
9.13צעק
חננני Have mercy, be gracious to me
░
9.14חנן
לתת to give
░
10.14נתן
שׁמעת you have heard
░
10.17שׁמע
אזנך your ear
░
10.17אזן
חסיתי I take refuge
░
11.1חסה
ענני answer me
░
13.4ענה
קראו they do call
░
14.4קרא
מחסהו is their refuge
░
14.6חסה
יתן will be given
░
14.7נתן
נתן he does loan
░
15.5נתן
חסיתי I take refuge
░
16.1חסה
תתן you will permit
░
16.10נתן
שׁמעה hear
░
17.1שׁמע
* האזינה Give ear to
░
17.1אזן
קראתיך I have called you
░
17.6קרא
תענני you answer
░
17.6ענה
* אזנך your ear
░
17.6אזן
שׁמע hear
░
17.6שׁמע
חוסים those who take refuge
░
17.7חסה
* אחסה I will take refuge
░
18.3חסה
אקרא I will call
░
18.4קרא
אקרא I call upon
░
18.7קרא
* אשׁוע I cry for help
░
18.7שׁוע
ישׁמע he hears
░
18.7שׁמע
קולי my voice
░
18.7קול
* ושׁועתי and my cry
░
18.7שׁוע
באזניו into his ears
░
18.7אזן
* יתן gives
░
18.14נתן
קלו his voice
░
18.14קול
* החסים who take refuge
░
18.31חסה
* ויתן and he gives
░
18.33נתן
* ותתן and you gave
░
18.36נתן
* נתתה you have given
░
18.41נתן
* ישׁועו they will cry for help
░
18.42שׁוע
ענם he did answer them
░
18.42ענה
לשׁמע hearing by
░
18.45שׁמע
אזן ear
░
18.45אזן
ישׁמעו they will hear
░
18.45שׁמע
* הנותן gives
░
18.48נתן
נשׁמע is heard
░
19.4שׁמע
קולם their voice
░
19.4קול
* יענך answer you
░
20.2ענה
יתן may he give
░
20.5נתן
משׁאלותיך your requests
░
20.6שׁאל
* יענהו he will answer
░
20.7ענה
* יעננו let answer us
░
20.10ענה
קראנו our call
░
20.10קרא
נתתה you have given
░
21.3נתן
שׁאל he asked
░
21.5שׁאל
נתתה you have given
░
21.5נתן
* שׁאגתי my roaring
░
22.2שׁאג
אקרא I call
░
22.3קרא
תענה you do answer
░
22.3ענה
זעקו they appealed
░
22.6זעק
* ושׁאג and roaring
░
22.14שׁאג
עניתני you have answered me
░
22.22ענה
ובשׁועו but when he cried
░
22.25שׁוע
שׁמע he heard
░
22.25שׁמע
וחנני and be gracious to me
░
25.16חנן
חסיתי I take refuge
░
25.20חסה
לשׁמע to proclaim
░
26.7שׁמע
בקול with a voice of
░
26.7קול
וחנני and be gracious to me
░
26.11חנן
שׁאלתי I have asked
░
27.4שׁאל
שׁמע hear
░
27.7שׁמע
קולי my voice
░
27.7קול
אקרא I will call
░
27.7קרא
וחנני and be gracious to me
░
27.7חנן
וענני and answer me
░
27.7ענה
תתנני do give me
░
27.12נתן
אקרא will I call
░
28.1קרא
שׁמע hear
░
28.2שׁמע
קול the voice of
░
28.2קול
תחנוני my supplication
░
28.2חנן
בשׁועי when I cry
░
28.2שׁוע
תן give
░
28.4נתן
תן give
░
28.4נתן
שׁמע he has heard
░
28.6שׁמע
קול the voice of
░
28.6קול
תחנוני my supplication
░
28.6חנן
קול the voice of
░
29.3קול
קול the voice of
░
29.4קול
קול the voice of
░
29.4קול
קול the voice of
░
29.5קול
קול the voice of
░
29.7קול
קול the voice of
░
29.8קול
קול the voice of
░
29.9קול
יתן will give
░
29.11נתן
שׁועתי I cried
░
30.3שׁוע
אקרא I will call
░
30.9קרא
אתחנן I continue supplication
░
30.9חנן
שׁמע hear
░
30.11שׁמע
וחנני and be gracious
░
30.11חנן
חסיתי I take refuge
░
31.2חסה
אזנך your ear
░
31.3אזן
חנני be gracious to me
░
31.10חנן
שׁמעתי I have heard
░
31.14שׁמע
קראתיך for I have called you
░
31.18קרא
לחסים for those who take
░
31.20חסה
שׁמעת you heard
░
31.23שׁמע
קול the voice of
░
31.23קול
תחנוני my supplication
░
31.23חנן
בשׁועי when I cried
░
31.23שׁוע
בשׁאגתי in my roaring
░
32.3שׁאג
נתן giving
░
33.7נתן
ישׁמעו will hear
░
34.3שׁמע
וענני and he answered me
░
34.5ענה
קרא calls
░
34.7קרא
שׁמע hears
░
34.7שׁמע
יחסה that takes refuge
░
34.9חסה
שׁמעו hear - listen
░
34.12שׁמע
ואזניו and his ears
░
34.16אזן
שׁועתם their cry for help
░
34.16שׁוע
צעקו tza! they cry out
░
34.18צעק
שׁמע hears
░
34.18שׁמע
החסים who take refuge
░
34.23חסה
לקראת the call of
░
35.3קרא
ישׁאלוני they inquire of me
░
35.11שׁאל
יחסיון take refuge
░
36.8חסה
ויתן and he will give
░
37.4נתן
משׁאלת the requests
░
37.4שׁאל
חונן gracious
░
37.21חנן
ונותן and giving
░
37.21נתן
חונן he is gracious
░
37.26חנן
חסו they take refuge
░
37.40חסה
שׁאגתי I have roared
░
38.9שׁאג
אשׁמע will hear
░
38.14שׁמע
שׁמע does hear
░
38.15שׁמע
תענה will respond
░
38.16ענה
נתתה you have given as
░
39.6נתן
שׁמעה hear
░
39.13שׁמע
ושׁועתי and to my cry
░
39.13שׁוע
האזינה give ear
░
39.13אזן
וישׁמע and he heard
░
40.2שׁמע
שׁועתי my cry
░
40.2שׁוע
ויתן and he gave
░
40.4נתן
אזנים ears
░
40.7אזן
שׁאלת you did require
░
40.7שׁאל
תתנהו you will give him
░
41.3נתן
חנני be gracious to me
░
41.5חנן
חנני be gracious to me
░
41.11חנן
בקול with a voice of
░
42.5קול
קורא calling
░
42.8קרא
לקול to the voice of
░
42.8קול
באזנינו with our ears
░
44.2אזן
שׁמענו we have heard
░
44.2שׁמע
תתננו you have given us
░
44.12נתן
מקול from a voice of
░
44.17קול
חן graciousness
░
45.3חנן
שׁמעי hear
░
45.11שׁמע
אזנך your ear
░
45.11אזן
מחסה refuge
░
46.2חסה
נתן he gives
░
46.7נתן
בקולו with his voice
░
46.7קול
בקול with a voice of
░
47.2קול
בקול with the voice of
░
47.6קול
שׁמענו we have heard
░
48.9שׁמע
שׁמעו hear
░
49.2שׁמע
האזינו lend an ear
░
49.2אזן
אזני my ear
░
49.5אזן
יתן give
░
49.8נתן
קראו they call
░
49.12קרא
ויקרא and he called
░
50.1קרא
יקרא he will call
░
50.4קרא
שׁמעה hear
░
50.7שׁמע
וקראני and call on me
░
50.15קרא
תתן you assign
░
50.20נתן
נתן Nathan
░
51.2נתן
חנני Be gracious to me
░
51.3חנן
תשׁמיעני make me to hear
░
51.10שׁמע
ואתנה or else I would give it
░
51.18נתן
קראו they do call
░
53.5קרא
יתן will be given
░
53.7נתן
שׁמע hear
░
54.4שׁמע
האזינה and give ear
░
54.4אזן
האזינה give ear
░
55.2אזן
מתחנתי from my supplication
░
55.2חנן
וענני and answer me
░
55.3ענה
מקול from the voice of
░
55.4קול
יתן will give
░
55.7נתן
אקרא I will call
░
55.17קרא
וישׁמע and he will hear
░
55.18שׁמע
קולי my voice
░
55.18קול
ישׁמע will hear
░
55.20שׁמע
ויענם and will answer them
░
55.20ענה
יתן he will let
░
55.23נתן
חנני be gracious to me
░
56.2חנן
אקרא I call
░
56.10קרא
חנני be gracious to me
░
57.2חנן
חנני be gracious to me
░
57.2חנן
חסיה is refuge for
░
57.2חסה
אחסה I make my refuge
░
57.2חסה
אקרא I will call
░
57.3קרא
אזנו his ear
░
58.5אזן
ישׁמע will hear
░
58.6שׁמע
לקול the voice of
░
58.6קול
לקראתי to my call
░
59.5קרא
תחן do be gracious to
░
59.6חנן
שׁמע is to hear
░
59.8שׁמע
נתתה you give
░
60.6נתן
וענני and answer me
░
60.7ענה
שׁמעה Hear
░
61.2שׁמע
אקרא I will call
░
61.3קרא
מחסה refuge
░
61.4חסה
אחסה I will take refuge
░
61.5חסה
שׁמעת have heard
░
61.6שׁמע
נתת you give
░
61.6נתן
מחסי my refuge
░
62.8חסה
מחסה is a refuge
░
62.9חסה
במאזנים in the balance
░
62.10אזן
שׁמעתי I heard
░
62.12שׁמע
שׁמע hear
░
64.2שׁמע
קולי my voice
░
64.2קול
וחסה and will take refuge
░
64.11חסה
שׁמע the one who hears
░
65.3שׁמע
תעננו you will answer us
░
65.6ענה
והשׁמיעו and make heard
░
66.8שׁמע
קול the voice of
░
66.8קול
נתן does let
░
66.9נתן
שׁמעו and hear
░
66.16שׁמע
קראתי called
░
66.17קרא
ישׁמע will hear
░
66.18שׁמע
שׁמע has heard
░
66.19שׁמע
בקול with the voice of
░
66.19קול
יחננו will be gracious to us
░
67.2חנן
נתנה has given
░
67.7נתן
יתן gave
░
68.12נתן
יתן he gives
░
68.34נתן
בקולו with his voice
░
68.34קול
קול a voice of
░
68.34קול
תנו give
░
68.35נתן
נתן he gives
░
68.36נתן
בקראי in my calling
░
69.4קרא
ואתנה and I gave myself
░
69.12נתן
ענני answer me
░
69.14ענה
ענני answer me
░
69.17ענה
ענני answer me
░
69.18ענה
ויתנו and they give
░
69.22נתן
תנה give
░
69.28נתן
שׁמע hears
░
69.34שׁמע
חסיתי I take refuge
░
71.1חסה
אזנך your ear
░
71.2אזן
מחסי are my refuge
░
71.7חסה
תן give
░
72.1נתן
משׁוע when he cries
░
72.12שׁוע
ויתן and he will give
░
72.15נתן
מחסי my refuge
░
73.28חסה
שׁאגו roar
░
74.4שׁאג
תתננו you gave him
░
74.14נתן
תתן do give
░
74.19נתן
קול the voice of
░
74.23קול
השׁמעת you made heard
░
76.9שׁמע
קולי my voice
░
77.2קול
ואצעקה and I cried out
░
77.2צעק
קולי my voice
░
77.2קול
והאזין and he listened
░
77.2אזן
חנות grace
░
77.10חנן
קול voice
░
77.18קול
נתנו give
░
77.18נתן
קול the voice of
░
77.19קול
האזינה listen to
░
78.1אזן
אזנכם your ears
░
78.1אזן
שׁמענו we have heard
░
78.3שׁמע
לשׁאל by asking
░
78.18שׁאל
תת give
░
78.20נתן
שׁמע heard
░
78.21שׁמע
נתן he gave
░
78.24נתן
ויתן and he gave
░
78.46נתן
שׁמע heard
░
78.59שׁמע
ויתן and he gave
░
78.61נתן
נתן he gave
░
78.66נתן
נתנו they have given
░
79.2נתן
קראו do call
░
79.6קרא
האזינה give ear
░
80.2אזן
נקרא we will call
░
80.19קרא
ותנו and play
░
81.3נתן
אשׁמע I hear
░
81.6שׁמע
קראת you called
░
81.8קרא
אענך I answered you
░
81.8ענה
שׁמע hear
░
81.9שׁמע
תשׁמע you will hear
░
81.9שׁמע
שׁמע did hear
░
81.12שׁמע
לקולי my voice
░
81.12קול
שׁמע heard
░
81.14שׁמע
וישׁמעאלים and Ishmaelites
░
83.7שׁמע
שׁמעה hear
░
84.9שׁמע
האזינה give ear
░
84.9אזן
חן grace
░
84.12חנן
יתן will give
░
84.12נתן
תתן give
░
85.8נתן
אשׁמעה I will hear
░
85.9שׁמע
יתן gives
░
85.13נתן
תתן gives
░
85.13נתן
אזנך your ear
░
86.1אזן
ענני and answer me
░
86.1ענה
חנני be gracious to me
░
86.3חנן
אקרא I call
░
86.3קרא
קראיך calling on you
░
86.5קרא
האזינה give ear
░
86.6אזן
בקול with the voice of
░
86.6קול
תחנונותי my supplication
░
86.6חנן
אקראך I will call on you
░
86.7קרא
תענני you will answer me
░
86.7ענה
וחנון and gracious
░
86.15חנן
וחנני and be gracious to me
░
86.16חנן
תנה give
░
86.16נתן
צעקתי I cry out
░
88.2צעק
אזנך your ear
░
88.3אזן
קראתיך I call you
░
88.10קרא
שׁועתי I cry
░
88.14שׁוע
יעננו will answer him
░
89.23ענה
יקראני will call to me
░
89.27קרא
אתנהו will make him
░
89.28נתן
מחסי my refuge
░
91.2חסה
תחסה you will take refuge
░
91.4חסה
מחסי are my refuge
░
91.9חסה
יקראני he will call me
░
91.15קרא
ואענהו and I will answer him
░
91.15ענה
תשׁמענה has heard
░
92.12שׁמע
אזני my ear
░
92.12אזן
קולם their voice
░
93.3קול
מקלות from the voices of
░
93.4קול
אזן the ear
░
94.9אזן
ישׁמע he hear
░
94.9שׁמע
מחסי refuge
░
94.22חסה
בקלו with his voice
░
95.7קול
תשׁמעו you hear
░
95.7שׁמע
שׁמעה heard
░
97.8שׁמע
וקול and voice
░
98.5קול
וקול and the voice of
░
98.6קול
בקראי among those calling on
░
99.6קרא
קראים they called
░
99.6קרא
יענם answered them
░
99.6ענה
נתן he gave
░
99.7נתן
עניתם answered them
░
99.8ענה
שׁמעה hear
░
102.2שׁמע
ושׁועתי and let my cry for help
░
102.2שׁוע
אזנך your ear
░
102.3אזן
אקרא I call
░
102.3קרא
ענני answer me
░
102.3ענה
מקול from the voice of
░
102.6קול
לחננה to be gracious to her
░
102.14חנן
יחננו they grace
░
102.15חנן
לשׁמע to hear
░
102.21שׁמע
וחנון and gracious is
░
103.8חנן
לשׁמע hearing
░
103.20שׁמע
בקול with the voice of
░
103.20קול
קול the voice of
░
104.7קול
יתנו it gives
░
104.12נתן
קול voice
░
104.12קול
מחסה a refuge
░
104.18חסה
שׁאגים roar
░
104.21שׁאג
לתת to give
░
104.27נתן
תתן you give
░
104.28נתן
קראו call
░
105.1קרא
אתן I will give
░
105.11נתן
ויקרא and he called
░
105.16קרא
נתן he gave
░
105.32נתן
שׁאל asked
░
105.40שׁאל
ויתן and he gave
░
105.44נתן
ישׁמיע or make be heard
░
106.2שׁמע
ויתן and he gave
░
106.15נתן
שׁאלתם their requests
░
106.15שׁאל
שׁמעו they did hear
░
106.25שׁמע
בקול with the voice of
░
106.25קול
ויתנם and he gave them
░
106.41נתן
בשׁמעו when he heard
░
106.44שׁמע
ויתן and he demonstrated
░
106.46נתן
* ויצעקו and they cry out
░
107.6צעק
* ויצעקו and they cry out
░
107.13צעק
* ויצעקו and they cry out
░
107.19צעק
* ויצעקו and they cry out
░
107.28צעק
וענני and answer me
░
108.6ענה
ושׁאלו and let them beg
░
109.10שׁאל
חונן grace
░
109.12חנן
חנון how gracious
░
111.4חנן
נתן he gives
░
111.5נתן
לתת letting have
░
111.6נתן
חנון he is gracious
░
112.4חנן
חונן gracious
░
112.5חנן
משׁמועה messages of
░
112.7שׁמע
נתן he gives
░
112.9נתן
תן give
░
115.1נתן
אזנים ears
░
115.6אזן
ישׁמעו hear
░
115.6שׁמע
נתן he has given
░
115.16נתן
ישׁמע heard
░
116.1שׁמע
קולי the voice of
░
116.1קול
תחנוני my supplication
░
116.1חנן
אזנו his ear
░
116.2אזן
אקרא I will call
░
116.2קרא
אקרא I will call
░
116.4קרא
חנון gracious is
░
116.5חנן
אקרא I will call
░
116.13קרא
אקרא I will call
░
116.17קרא
קראתי I called
░
118.5קרא
ענני answered me
░
118.5ענה
לחסות it is to take refuge
░
118.8חסה
לחסות it is to take refuge
░
118.9חסה
קול a voice of
░
118.15קול
נתנני did he give me
░
118.18נתן
עניתני you have answered me
░
118.21ענה
ותענני and you answered me
░
119.26ענה
חנני and grace me with
░
119.29חנן
ואענה with which I will answer
░
119.42ענה
חנני be gracious to me
░
119.58חנן
נתנו netted
░
119.110נתן
וחנני and be gracious to me
░
119.132חנן
קראתי queried I
░
119.145קרא
ענני answer me
░
119.145ענה
קראתיך queried I you
░
119.146קרא
ואשׁועה and I cried for help
░
119.147שׁוע
קולי quest of mine
░
119.149קול
שׁמעה hear
░
119.149שׁמע
תחנתי my supplication
░
119.170חנן
תען will answer
░
119.172ענה
קראתי I call
░
120.1קרא
ויענני and he answers me
░
120.1ענה
יתן gives
░
120.3נתן
יתן he will let
░
121.3נתן
שׁאלו ask
░
122.6שׁאל
שׁיחננו he will be gracious to us
░
123.2חנן
חננו be gracious to us
░
123.3חנן
חננו be gracious to us
░
123.3חנן
נתננו has given us
░
124.6נתן
יתן he gives
░
127.2נתן
קראתיך I call to you
░
130.1קרא
שׁמעה hear
░
130.2שׁמע
בקולי with my voice
░
130.2קול
אזניך your ears
░
130.2אזן
לקול to the voice of
░
130.2קול
תחנוני my supplication
░
130.2חנן
אתן will I let
░
132.4נתן
שׁמענוה we heard of it
░
132.6שׁמע
ונתן and gave
░
135.12נתן
אזנים ears
░
135.17אזן
יאזינו they don't listen
░
135.17אזן
ונתן and gave
░
136.21נתן
נתן giving
░
136.25נתן
שׁאלונו asked us
░
137.3שׁאל
קראתי I called
░
138.3קרא
ותענני and you answered me
░
138.3ענה
שׁמעו they have heard
░
138.4שׁמע
האזינה give ear to
░
140.7אזן
קול the voice of
░
140.7קול
תחנוני my supplication
░
140.7חנן
תתן grant
░
140.9נתן
קראתיך I call to you
░
141.1קרא
האזינה give ear to
░
141.1אזן
קולי my voice
░
141.1קול
בקראי when I call
░
141.1קרא
ושׁמעו then they will hear
░
141.6שׁמע
חסיתי I take refuge
░
141.8חסה
קולי my voice
░
142.2קול
* אזעק I will appeal
░
142.2זעק
קולי my voice
░
142.2קול
אתחנן I will supplicate
░
142.2חנן
* זעקתי I appealed
░
142.6זעק
מחסי my refuge
░
142.6חסה
שׁמע hear
░
143.1שׁמע
האזינה give ear
░
143.1אזן
תחנוני my supplication
░
143.1חנן
ענני answer me
░
143.1ענה
ענני answer me
░
143.7ענה
השׁמיעני make me hear
░
143.8שׁמע
חסיתי I have taken refuge
░
144.2חסה
הנותן giving
░
144.10נתן
חנון How gracious
░
145.8חנן
נותן give
░
145.15נתן
קראיו calling him
░
145.18קרא
יקראהו call him
░
145.18קרא
שׁועתם their cry
░
145.19שׁוע
ישׁמע he will hear
░
145.19שׁמע
נתן giving
░
146.7נתן
יקרא he calls
░
147.4קרא
ענו answer
░
147.7ענה
נותן giving
░
147.9נתן
יקראו call
░
147.9קרא
הנתן this one who gives
░
147.16נתן
נתן he gave
░
148.6נתן
שׁמע to be heard
░
150.5שׁמע

No comments:

Post a Comment