Pages

▼

Saturday, 30 March 2013

Word usage for roots assigned to clothe - whew

I say whew - because my title was stuck on Hebrew Keyboard! O Chrome.  And again since this is a very difficult task I am trying on. 

I have been playing around with a very difficult problem - assigning all of the 19584 distinct words in the Psalter to one or other 'domain' of interest - interest to me that is.  I am trying to get a sense of the whole to be able to present large chunks of related words - and see how they fit.  This is more than a first cut but still a work in process.  I can click on the domain (when logged on) and see the results interactively.  Again I am looking for significant structural elements in the redactor's thought processes.  Of course some roots fit in multiple domains - and my roots are a minimal list boiled down to the derived root for each word - 1347 distinct 'roots' in my data.

Here's an example - all words currently assigned to my domain related to clothing.

DOMAINCOUNTTOTAL
Word usage for roots assigned to clothe

Word and gloss * first usage12345678910123ChRoot
* המאזרני girds me in
░
18.33אזר
* ותאזרני and you will gird me with
░
18.40אזר
בגדי my garments
░
22.19בגד
לבושׁי my clothing
░
22.19לבשׁ
הבוגדים who act treacherously
░
25.3בגד
שׂקי my sackcloth
░
30.12שׂק
ותאזרני and girded me
░
30.12אזר
ורסן and bridle
░
32.9רסן
עדיו its trappings
░
32.9עדי
* לבושׁי make my clothing
░
35.13לבשׁ
שׂק sackcloth
░
35.13שׂק
* ילבשׁו let them be clothed in
░
35.26לבשׁ
חגור wear
░
45.4חגר
בגדתיך your garments
░
45.9בגד
לבושׁה her raiment
░
45.14לבשׁ
בגדי those treacherous in
░
59.6בגד
נעלי my sandal
░
60.10נעל
בעטף when is overwhelmed
░
61.3עטף
נאזר girded
░
65.7אזר
תחגרנה attired
░
65.13חגר
לבשׁו clothed
░
65.14לבשׁ
יעטפו draped with
░
65.14עטף
לבושׁי clothing of
░
69.12לבשׁ
שׂק sack
░
69.12שׂק
יעטו let them wrap themselves with
░
71.13עטה
יעטף draped with
░
73.6עטף
בגדתי I would have betrayed
░
73.15בגד
תחגר you will wear
░
76.11חגר
ותתעטף and is disabled
░
77.4עטף
ויבגדו acted treacherously
░
78.57בגד
יעטה wrapped
░
84.7עטה
העטית you have wrapped
░
89.46עטה
לבשׁ clothed
░
93.1לבשׁ
לבשׁ clothed is
░
93.1לבשׁ
התאזר self-girded
░
93.1אזר
יעטף disabled
░
102.1עטף
כבגד like a garment
░
102.27בגד
כלבושׁ as clothing
░
102.27לבשׁ
עדיך of your trappings
░
103.5עדי
לבשׁת you are clothed with
░
104.1לבשׁ
עטה wrapped in
░
104.2עטה
כשׂלמה as apparel
░
104.2שׂלם
כלבושׁ as clothing
░
104.6לבשׁ
תתעטף overwhelmed
░
107.5עטף
נעלי my sandal
░
108.9נעל
וילבשׁ as he clothed himself with
░
109.18לבשׁ
כבגד as a garment
░
109.19בגד
* יעטה wrapping him
░
109.19עטה
יחגרה attiring him
░
109.19חגר
ילבשׁו let clothe themselves with
░
109.29לבשׁ
* ויעטו and let them wrap themselves
░
109.29עטה
כמעיל as a mantle
░
109.29מעיל
בגדים the treacherous
░
119.158בגד
ילבשׁו let be clothed with
░
132.9לבשׁ
אלבישׁ I will clothe with
░
132.16לבשׁ
אלבישׁ I will clothe with
░
132.18לבשׁ
מדותיו his shirt
░
133.2מדה
בהתעטף when is disabled
░
142.4עטף
ותתעטף so disabled
░
143.4עטף

No comments:

Post a Comment