Pages

▼

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Messing about

I should be playing golf - but its raining and cold, so we didn't. So I am prepping a presentation for my book - and I noted in the text how Psalm 86 is built around six words in verse 15 all from Exodus 34:6 but I didn't spell it out - I sort of left it as an exercise.

Those 6 words account for 24 words of the 147  in the psalm in 15 of the 17 verses.

Selected recurring words from Psalm 86

Word and gloss * first usage123456VsRoot
אתה you
░
2אתה
חנני be gracious to me
░
3חנן
אדני my Lord
░
3אדון
אדני my Lord
░
4אדון
אתה you
░
5אתה
אדני my Lord
░
5אדון
ורב and abundant in
░
5רב
חסד loving-kindness
░
5חסד
תחנונותי my supplication
░
6חנן
אדני my Lord
░
8אדון
אדני my Lord
░
9אדון
אתה you are
░
10אתה
אתה you
░
10אתה
באמתך in your truth
░
11אמת
אדני O Lord
░
12אדון
חסדך your loving-kindness
░
13חסד
ואתה but you
░
15אתה
אדני O Lord
░
15אדון
וחנון and gracious
░
15חנן
ורב and abundant in
░
15רב
חסד loving-kindness
░
15חסד
ואמת and truth
░
15אמת
וחנני and be gracious to me
░
16חנן
אתה you
░
17אתה

No comments:

Post a Comment