Wednesday 15 November 2017

Ezekiel 12

You know, there are times when I don't know if this exercise in reading is useful. It is hard to read with such rigidity. But - rigidity can be softened I suppose when the strict task is done. Here in verse 14, JB has an unsheathed sword following the exiles. I have already seen unsheathed sword with the verb פתח, open. So I have stuck with my do away with gloss for the verb that is used, ריק, also empty. Meaning I suppose, that the sword that could have defended them is not available. The exiles are vulnerable, and without any defense.

As such, we continue...

Ezekiel 12 Fn Min Max Syll
וַיְהִ֥י דְבַר־יְהוָ֖ה אֵלַ֥י לֵאמֹֽר 1 And the word of Yahweh happened to me, saying, 3e 3g 10
בֶּן־אָדָ֕ם בְּת֥וֹךְ בֵּית־הַמֶּ֖רִי אַתָּ֣ה יֹשֵׁ֑ב
אֲשֶׁ֣ר עֵינַיִם֩ לָהֶ֨ם לִרְא֜וֹת וְלֹ֣א רָא֗וּ אָזְנַ֨יִם לָהֶ֤ם לִשְׁמֹ֙עַ֙ וְלֹ֣א שָׁמֵ֔עוּ כִּ֛י בֵּ֥ית מְרִ֖י הֵֽם
2 Child of humanity, in the midst of the house of provocation you are sitting,
who have eyes to see and do not see. Ears they have to hear but they do not hear, for a house of provocation they are.
3d 4C 13
29
וְאַתָּ֣ה בֶן־אָדָ֗ם עֲשֵׂ֤ה לְךָ֙ כְּלֵ֣י גוֹלָ֔ה וּגְלֵ֥ה יוֹמָ֖ם לְעֵֽינֵיהֶ֑ם
וְגָלִ֨יתָ מִמְּקוֹמְךָ֜ אֶל־מָק֤וֹם אַחֵר֙ לְעֵ֣ינֵיהֶ֔ם אוּלַ֣י יִרְא֔וּ כִּ֛י בֵּ֥ית מְרִ֖י הֵֽמָּה
3 And you, child of humanity, construct for yourself instruments of exile, and go into exile by day for their eyes,
and exile yourself from your place to another place for their eyes. Maybe they will see that they are a house of provocation.
3d 4C 22
26
וְהוֹצֵאתָ֨ כֵלֶ֜יךָ כִּכְלֵ֥י גוֹלָ֛ה יוֹמָ֖ם לְעֵֽינֵיהֶ֑ם
וְאַתָּ֗ה תֵּצֵ֤א בָעֶ֙רֶב֙ לְעֵ֣ינֵיהֶ֔ם כְּמוֹצָאֵ֖י גּוֹלָֽה
4 And you will bring forth your instruments as instruments of exile by day for their eyes,
and you yourself will go forth in the evening for their eyes as one going forth into exile.
3d 4C 17
18
לְעֵינֵיהֶ֖ם חֲתָר־לְךָ֣ בַקִּ֑יר
וְהוֹצֵאתָ֖ בּֽוֹ
5 For their eyes, dig hard for yourself in the house wall,
and come forth through it.
3e 4B 10
5
לְעֵ֨ינֵיהֶ֜ם עַל־כָּתֵ֤ף תִּשָּׂא֙ בָּעֲלָטָ֣ה תוֹצִ֔יא פָּנֶ֣יךָ תְכַסֶּ֔ה וְלֹ֥א תִרְאֶ֖ה אֶת־הָאָ֑רֶץ
כִּֽי־מוֹפֵ֥ת נְתַתִּ֖יךָ לְבֵ֥ית יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
6 For their eyes, you will bear on a shoulder. In the dusk come out. Cover your face that you do not see the land,
for I have given you as a portent for the house of Israel.
3e 4C 29
11
וָאַ֣עַשׂ כֵּן֮ כַּאֲשֶׁ֣ר צֻוֵּיתִי֒ כֵּ֠לַי הוֹצֵ֜אתִי כִּכְלֵ֤י גוֹלָה֙ יוֹמָ֔ם וּבָעֶ֛רֶב חָתַֽרְתִּי־לִ֥י בַקִּ֖יר בְּיָ֑ד
בָּעֲלָטָ֥ה הוֹצֵ֛אתִי עַל־כָּתֵ֥ף נָשָׂ֖אתִי לְעֵינֵיהֶֽם
7 And I did so, as I was commanded. My instruments I brought out as instruments of exile by day and in the evening. I dug hard myself in the house wall by hand.
In the dusk I brought out on the shoulder. I lifted up for their eyes.
3d 4C 33
17
וַיְהִ֧י דְבַר־יְהוָ֛ה אֵלַ֖י בַּבֹּ֥קֶר לֵאמֹֽר 8 And the word of Yahweh happened to me in the morning, saying, 3c 3g 13
בֶּן־אָדָ֕ם הֲלֹ֨א אָמְר֥וּ אֵלֶ֛יךָ בֵּ֥ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל בֵּ֣ית הַמֶּ֑רִי
מָ֖ה אַתָּ֥ה עֹשֶֽׂה
9 Child of humanity, have not the house of Israel said to you, the house of provocation,
What are you doing?
3d 4B 18
5
אֱמֹ֣ר אֲלֵיהֶ֔ם כֹּ֥ה אָמַ֖ר אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהֹוִ֑ה
הַנָּשִׂ֞יא הַמַּשָּׂ֤א הַזֶּה֙ בִּיר֣וּשָׁלִַ֔ם וְכָל־בֵּ֥ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל אֲשֶׁר־הֵ֥מָּה בְתוֹכָֽם
10 Says to them, Thus says my Lord Yahweh,
This load is for the principal in Jerusalem, and all the house of Israel that themselves are among them.
3e 4C 14
25
אֱמֹ֖ר אֲנִ֣י מֽוֹפֶתְכֶ֑ם
כַּאֲשֶׁ֣ר עָשִׂ֗יתִי כֵּ֚ן יֵעָשֶׂ֣ה לָהֶ֔ם בַּגּוֹלָ֥ה בַשְּׁבִ֖י יֵלֵֽכוּ
11 Say, I am a portent.
As I have done so will be done to them. Into exile, into captivity they will go.
3e 4C 7
20
וְהַנָּשִׂ֨יא אֲשֶׁר־בְּתוֹכָ֜ם אֶל־כָּתֵ֤ף יִשָּׂא֙ בָּעֲלָטָ֣ה וְיֵצֵ֔א בַּקִּ֥יר יַחְתְּר֖וּ לְה֣וֹצִיא ב֑וֹ
פָּנָ֣יו יְכַסֶּ֔ה יַ֗עַן אֲשֶׁ֨ר לֹא־יִרְאֶ֥ה לַעַ֛יִן ה֖וּא אֶת־הָאָֽרֶץ
12 And the principal that is among them, will bear on a shoulder in the dusk, and will go forth. In the house wall they will dig hard to bring forth through it.
His face he will cover so that he will not see before his eyes himself with the land.
3d 4C 30
19
וּפָרַשְׂתִּ֤י אֶת־רִשְׁתִּי֙ עָלָ֔יו וְנִתְפַּ֖שׂ בִּמְצֽוּדָתִ֑י
וְהֵבֵאתִ֨י אֹת֤וֹ בָבֶ֙לָה֙ אֶ֣רֶץ כַּשְׂדִּ֔ים וְאוֹתָ֥הּ לֹֽא־יִרְאֶ֖ה וְשָׁ֥ם יָמֽוּת
13 And I will spread my net over him, and he will be arrested in my hunt,
and I will bring him toward Babel to the land of the Chaldeans, but her he will not see, and there he will die.
3e 4C 16
23
וְכֹל֩ אֲשֶׁ֨ר סְבִיבֹתָ֥יו עֶזְר֛וֹ וְכָל־אֲגַפָּ֖יו אֱזָרֶ֣ה לְכָל־ר֑וּחַ
וְחֶ֖רֶב אָרִ֥יק אַחֲרֵיהֶֽם
14 And all that are round about him, his help and all his legions, I will sift to every wind,
and sword I will do away with in their aftermath.
3d 4B 22
9
וְיָדְע֖וּ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֣י יְהוָ֑ה
בַּהֲפִיצִ֤י אוֹתָם֙ בַּגּוֹיִ֔ם וְזֵרִיתִ֥י אוֹתָ֖ם בָּאֲרָצֽוֹת
15 And they will know that I am Yahweh,
when I disperse them among the nations, and I will sift them among the lands.
3e 4C 7
19
וְהוֹתַרְתִּ֤י מֵהֶם֙ אַנְשֵׁ֣י מִסְפָּ֔ר מֵחֶ֖רֶב מֵרָעָ֣ב וּמִדָּ֑בֶר
לְמַ֨עַן יְסַפְּר֜וּ אֶת־כָּל־תּוֹעֲבֽוֹתֵיהֶ֗ם בַּגּוֹיִם֙ אֲשֶׁר־בָּ֣אוּ שָׁ֔ם וְיָדְע֖וּ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
16 But I will let remain from them, soldiers based on the count from sword, from famine, and from pestilence,
so that they may recount all their abominations among the nations where they come. And they will know that I am Yahweh.
3e 4C 20
28
וַיְהִ֥י דְבַר־יְהוָ֖ה אֵלַ֥י לֵאמֹֽר 17 And the word of Yahweh happened to me, saying, 3e 3g 10
בֶּן־אָדָ֕ם לַחְמְךָ֖ בְּרַ֣עַשׁ תֹּאכֵ֑ל
וּמֵימֶ֕יךָ בְּרָגְזָ֥ה וּבִדְאָגָ֖ה תִּשְׁתֶּֽה
18 Child of humanity, your bread with quaking, eat,
and your water with shuddering and anxiety, imbibe.
3e 4B 11
13
וְאָמַרְתָּ֣ אֶל־עַ֣ם הָאָ֡רֶץ כֹּֽה־אָמַר֩ אֲדֹנָ֨י יְהוִ֜ה לְיוֹשְׁבֵ֤י יְרוּשָׁלִַ֙ם֙ אֶל־אַדְמַ֣ת יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל לַחְמָם֙ בִּדְאָגָ֣ה יֹאכֵ֔לוּ וּמֵֽימֵיהֶ֖ם בְּשִׁמָּמ֣וֹן יִשְׁתּ֑וּ
לְמַ֜עַן תֵּשַׁ֤ם אַרְצָהּ֙ מִמְּלֹאָ֔הּ מֵחֲמַ֖ס כָּֽל־הַיֹּשְׁבִ֥ים בָּֽהּ
19 Then you will say to the people of the land, Thus says my Lord Yahweh to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to the ground of Israel, Their bread with anxiety they will eat, and their water with desolation they will imbibe,
so that her land will be desolate and its fullness from the violence of all those inhabiting her.
3e 4C 48
18
וְהֶעָרִ֤ים הַנּֽוֹשָׁבוֹת֙ תֶּחֱרַ֔בְנָה וְהָאָ֖רֶץ שְׁמָמָ֣ה תִֽהְיֶ֑ה
וִֽידַעְתֶּ֖ם כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
20 And the cities that are inhabited will be deserted, and the land will be desolate,
and you will know that I am Yahweh.
3e 4C 21
7
וַיְהִ֥י דְבַר־יְהוָ֖ה אֵלַ֥י לֵאמֹֽר 21 And the word of Yahweh happened to me, saying, 3e 3g 10
בֶּן־אָדָ֗ם מָֽה־הַמָּשָׁ֤ל הַזֶּה֙ לָכֶ֔ם עַל־אַדְמַ֥ת יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל לֵאמֹ֑ר
יַֽאַרְכוּ֙ הַיָּמִ֔ים וְאָבַ֖ד כָּל־חָזֽוֹן
22 Child of humanity, what is this proverb that you have on the ground of Israel, saying,
The days are prolonged and every vision perishes.
3e 4C 19
12
לָכֵ֞ן אֱמֹ֣ר אֲלֵיהֶ֗ם כֹּֽה־אָמַר֮ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִה֒ הִשְׁבַּ֙תִּי֙ אֶת־הַמָּשָׁ֣ל הַזֶּ֔ה וְלֹֽא־יִמְשְׁל֥וּ אֹת֛וֹ ע֖וֹד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל
כִּ֚י אִם־דַּבֵּ֣ר אֲלֵיהֶ֔ם קָֽרְבוּ֙ הַיָּמִ֔ים וּדְבַ֖ר כָּל־חָזֽוֹן
23 Therefore say to them, Thus says my Lord Yahweh, I have made this proverb to cease, and no longer is it proverbial in Israel,
but speak to them, The days are brought near for the word of every vision.
3d 4C 36
17
כִּ֠י לֹ֣א יִֽהְיֶ֥ה ע֛וֹד כָּל־חֲז֥וֹן שָׁ֖וְא וּמִקְסַ֣ם חָלָ֑ק
בְּת֖וֹךְ בֵּ֥ית יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
24 ~ That there will be no more any vain vision or smooth soothsaying,
in the midst of the house of Israel.
3d 4B 14
6
כִּ֣י ׀ אֲנִ֣י יְהוָ֗ה אֲדַבֵּר֙ אֵת֩ אֲשֶׁ֨ר אֲדַבֵּ֤ר דָּבָר֙ וְיֵ֣עָשֶׂ֔ה לֹ֥א תִמָּשֵׁ֖ךְ ע֑וֹד
כִּ֣י בִֽימֵיכֶ֞ם בֵּ֣ית הַמֶּ֗רִי אֲדַבֵּ֤ר דָּבָר֙ וַעֲשִׂיתִ֔יו נְאֻ֖ם אֲדֹנָ֥י יְהוִֽה
25 B For I am Yahweh. I will speak what I will speak, a word that will be done, not drawn out any more.
For in your days, O house of provocation, I will speak a word and I will do it, an oracle of my Lord Yahweh.
3e 4C 25
24
וַיְהִ֥י דְבַר־יְהוָ֖ה אֵלַ֥י לֵאמֹֽר 26 And the word of Yahweh happened to me, saying, 3e 3g 10
בֶּן־אָדָ֗ם הִנֵּ֤ה בֵֽית־יִשְׂרָאֵל֙ אֹֽמְרִ֔ים הֶחָז֛וֹן אֲשֶׁר־ה֥וּא חֹזֶ֖ה לְיָמִ֣ים רַבִּ֑ים
וּלְעִתִּ֥ים רְחוֹק֖וֹת ה֥וּא נִבָּֽא
27 Child of humanity, behold, the house of Israel, they are saying, The vision that he gazes on is for many days,
and for distant times he prophesies.
3d 4C 24
9
לָכֵ֞ן אֱמֹ֣ר אֲלֵיהֶ֗ם כֹּ֤ה אָמַר֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה לֹא־תִמָּשֵׁ֥ךְ ע֖וֹד כָּל־דְּבָרָ֑י
אֲשֶׁ֨ר אֲדַבֵּ֤ר דָּבָר֙ וְיֵ֣עָשֶׂ֔ה נְאֻ֖ם אֲדֹנָ֥י יְהוִֽה
28 Therefore say to them, Thus says my Lord Yahweh, Not drawn out any longer are all my words.
What I will speak, I have spoken, and it will be done, an oracle of my Lord Yahweh.
3e 4C 23
18


No comments:

Post a Comment