Thursday 26 October 2017

Ezekiel 11

This is a bit more fun than Leviticus, so I choose from the middle of my list. The top is packed with chapters from Leviticus.

In spite of all my agonizing over words, much of this is quite straightforward.
Ezekiel 11 Fn Min Max Syll
וַתִּשָּׂ֨א אֹתִ֜י ר֗וּחַ וַתָּבֵ֣א אֹ֠תִי אֶל־שַׁ֨עַר בֵּית־יְהוָ֤ה הַקַּדְמוֹנִי֙ הַפּוֹנֶ֣ה קָדִ֔ימָה וְהִנֵּה֙ בְּפֶ֣תַח הַשַּׁ֔עַר עֶשְׂרִ֥ים וַחֲמִשָּׁ֖ה אִ֑ישׁ
וָאֶרְאֶ֨ה בְתוֹכָ֜ם אֶת־יַאֲזַנְיָ֧ה בֶן־עַזֻּ֛ר וְאֶת־פְּלַטְיָ֥הוּ בֶן־בְּנָיָ֖הוּ שָׂרֵ֖י הָעָֽם
1 And spirit lifted me up and brought me to the gate of the house of Yahweh, the eastern, the one that faces eastward, and behold in the door of the gate, twenty five persons,
and I saw among them Jaazaniah [Yahweh hears] child of Help, and Pelatiah [Yahweh delivers] child of Benaiah [Yahweh builds], nobles of the people.
3c 4C 44
29
וַיֹּ֖אמֶר אֵלָ֑י
בֶּן־אָדָ֕ם אֵ֣לֶּה הָאֲנָשִׁ֞ים הַחֹשְׁבִ֥ים אָ֛וֶן וְהַיֹּעֲצִ֥ים עֲצַת־רָ֖ע בָּעִ֥יר הַזֹּֽאת
2 And he said to me,
Child of humanity, these are the persons that devise mischief, and that advise evil counsel against this city.
3d 4B 5
26
הָאֹ֣מְרִ֔ים לֹ֥א בְקָר֖וֹב בְּנ֣וֹת בָּתִּ֑ים
הִ֣יא הַסִּ֔יר וַאֲנַ֖חְנוּ הַבָּשָֽׂר
3 Who say, Not near! Build houses.
She is the pot and we are the flesh.
3e 4B 11
10
לָכֵ֖ן הִנָּבֵ֣א עֲלֵיהֶ֑ם
הִנָּבֵ֖א בֶּן־אָדָֽם
4 Therefore prophesy over them.
Prophesy, child of humanity.
3e 4B 8
6
וַתִּפֹּ֣ל עָלַי֮ ר֣וּחַ יְהוָה֒ וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלַ֗י אֱמֹר֙ כֹּה־אָמַ֣ר יְהוָ֔ה כֵּ֥ן אֲמַרְתֶּ֖ם בֵּ֣ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל
וּמַעֲל֥וֹת רֽוּחֲכֶ֖ם אֲנִ֥י יְדַעְתִּֽיהָ
5 And the spirit of Yahweh fell upon me, and he said to me, Say, Thus says Yahweh, Thus you have said, O house of Israel,
for what comes up in your spirit, I myself know it.
3e 4B 29
13
הִרְבֵּיתֶ֥ם חַלְלֵיכֶ֖ם בָּעִ֣יר הַזֹּ֑את
וּמִלֵּאתֶ֥ם חוּצֹתֶ֖יהָ חָלָֽל
6 You have increased your profaned in this city,
and you have filled her streets with profanity.
3e 4B 10
10
לָכֵ֗ן כֹּֽה־אָמַר֮ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִה֒ חַלְלֵיכֶם֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר שַׂמְתֶּ֣ם בְּתוֹכָ֔הּ הֵ֥מָּה הַבָּשָׂ֖ר וְהִ֣יא הַסִּ֑יר
וְאֶתְכֶ֖ם הוֹצִ֥יא מִתּוֹכָֽהּ
7 Therefore thus says my Lord Yahweh, Your profaned whom you have set in her midst, they are the flesh and she is the pot,
and you I will have brought out from her midst.
3e 4B 29
8
חֶ֖רֶב יְרֵאתֶ֑ם
וְחֶ֙רֶב֙ אָבִ֣יא עֲלֵיכֶ֔ם נְאֻ֖ם אֲדֹנָ֥י יְהוִֽה
8 g Sword you fear,
and sword I will bring upon you. An oracle of my Lord Yahweh.
3e 4B 5
15
וְהוֹצֵאתִ֤י אֶתְכֶם֙ מִתּוֹכָ֔הּ וְנָתַתִּ֥י אֶתְכֶ֖ם בְּיַד־זָרִ֑ים
וְעָשִׂ֛יתִי בָכֶ֖ם שְׁפָטִֽים
9 And I will bring you forth out of her midst, and I will give you into the hand of strangers,
and I will do judgments among you.
3d 4C 19
9
בַּחֶ֣רֶב תִּפֹּ֔לוּ עַל־גְּב֥וּל יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל אֶשְׁפּ֣וֹט אֶתְכֶ֑ם
וִֽידַעְתֶּ֖ם כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
10 By the sword you will fall. On the border of Israel I will judge you,
and you will know that I am Yahweh.
3e 4B 16
7
הִ֗יא לֹֽא־תִהְיֶ֤ה לָכֶם֙ לְסִ֔יר וְאַתֶּ֛ם תִּהְי֥וּ בְתוֹכָ֖הּ לְבָשָׂ֑ר
אֶל־גְּב֥וּל יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל אֶשְׁפֹּ֥ט אֶתְכֶֽם
11 ~ She will not be your pot, nor will you be in her midst for flesh.
To the border of Israel I will judge you.
3d 4C 19
10
וִֽידַעְתֶּם֙ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֣י יְהוָ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֤ר בְּחֻקַּי֙ לֹ֣א הֲלַכְתֶּ֔ם וּמִשְׁפָּטַ֖י לֹ֣א עֲשִׂיתֶ֑ם
וּֽכְמִשְׁפְּטֵ֧י הַגּוֹיִ֛ם אֲשֶׁ֥ר סְבִיבוֹתֵיכֶ֖ם עֲשִׂיתֶֽם
12 And you will know that I am Yahweh, that in my statutes you did not walk, and my judgments you did not do,
but like the judgments of the nations that surround you, you have done.
3c 4C 24
17
וַֽיְהִי֙ כְּהִנָּ֣בְאִ֔י וּפְלַטְיָ֥הוּ בֶן־בְּנָיָ֖ה מֵ֑ת
וָאֶפֹּ֨ל עַל־פָּנַ֜י וָאֶזְעַ֣ק קוֹל־גָּד֗וֹל וָאֹמַר֙ אֲהָהּ֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה כָּלָה֙ אַתָּ֣ה עֹשֶׂ֔ה אֵ֖ת שְׁאֵרִ֥ית יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
13 And it happened as I prophesied that Pelatiah child of Benaiah died.
And I fell on my face and appealed with a great voice, and I said, Aye yai yai, my Lord Yahweh, do you consume the residue of Israel?
3e 4B 15
35
וַיְהִ֥י דְבַר־יְהוָ֖ה אֵלַ֥י לֵאמֹֽר 14 And the word of Yahweh happened to me, saying, 3e 3g 10
בֶּן־אָדָ֗ם אַחֶ֤יךָ אַחֶ֙יךָ֙ אַנְשֵׁ֣י גְאֻלָּתֶ֔ךָ וְכָל־בֵּ֥ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל כֻּלֹּ֑ה
אֲשֶׁר֩ אָמְר֨וּ לָהֶ֜ם יֹשְׁבֵ֣י יְרוּשָׁלִַ֗ם רַֽחֲקוּ֙ מֵעַ֣ל יְהוָ֔ה לָ֥נוּ הִ֛יא נִתְּנָ֥ה הָאָ֖רֶץ לְמוֹרָשָֽׁה
15 Child of humanity, your kin, your kin, the persons of your redemption, and all the house of Israel, all of it,
them to whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem said, Distance yourself from Yahweh. To us this land is given for a possession.
3d 4C 24
31
לָכֵ֣ן אֱמֹ֗ר כֹּֽה־אָמַר֮ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִה֒ כִּ֤י הִרְחַקְתִּים֙ בַּגּוֹיִ֔ם וְכִ֥י הֲפִֽיצוֹתִ֖ים בָּאֲרָצ֑וֹת
וָאֱהִ֤י לָהֶם֙ לְמִקְדָּ֣שׁ מְעַ֔ט בָּאֲרָצ֖וֹת אֲשֶׁר־בָּ֥אוּ שָֽׁם
16 Therefore say, Thus says my Lord Yahweh, That I have distanced them among the nations, and that I have dispersed them among the lands,
yet I will be among them for a little sanctuary among the lands where they have come.
3e 4C 29
19
לָכֵ֣ן אֱמֹ֗ר כֹּֽה־אָמַר֮ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִה֒ וְקִבַּצְתִּ֤י אֶתְכֶם֙ מִן־הָ֣עַמִּ֔ים וְאָסַפְתִּ֣י אֶתְכֶ֔ם מִן־הָ֣אֲרָצ֔וֹת אֲשֶׁ֥ר נְפֹצוֹתֶ֖ם בָּהֶ֑ם
וְנָתַתִּ֥י לָכֶ֖ם אֶת־אַדְמַ֥ת יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
17 Therefore say, Thus says my Lord Yahweh, And I will collect you from the peoples, and I will gather you from the lands where you have been dispersed,
and I will give to you the ground of Israel.
3e 4C 41
12
וּבָ֖אוּ־שָׁ֑מָּה
וְהֵסִ֜ירוּ אֶת־כָּל־שִׁקּוּצֶ֛יהָ וְאֶת־כָּל־תּוֹעֲבוֹתֶ֖יהָ מִמֶּֽנָּה
18 And they will come there,
and they will put aside all her detestable things, and all her abominations from her.
3d 4A 4
21
וְנָתַתִּ֤י לָהֶם֙ לֵ֣ב אֶחָ֔ד וְר֥וּחַ חֲדָשָׁ֖ה אֶתֵּ֣ן בְּקִרְבְּכֶ֑ם
וַהֲסִ֨רֹתִ֜י לֵ֤ב הָאֶ֙בֶן֙ מִבְּשָׂרָ֔ם וְנָתַתִּ֥י לָהֶ֖ם לֵ֥ב בָּשָֽׂר
19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will give among you,
and I will put aside the heart of stone from their flesh, and I will give them a heart of flesh.
3e 4C 21
21
לְמַ֙עַן֙ בְּחֻקֹּתַ֣י יֵלֵ֔כוּ וְאֶת־מִשְׁפָּטַ֥י יִשְׁמְר֖וּ וְעָשׂ֣וּ אֹתָ֑ם
וְהָיוּ־לִ֣י לְעָ֔ם וַאֲנִ֕י אֶהְיֶ֥ה לָהֶ֖ם לֵאלֹהִֽים
20 So that in my statutes they will walk, and my judgments they will keep and do them,
and they will be my people, and I myself will become their God.
3e 4B 23
16
וְאֶל־לֵ֧ב שִׁקּוּצֵיהֶ֛ם וְתוֹעֲבוֹתֵיהֶ֖ם לִבָּ֣ם הֹלֵ֑ךְ
דַּרְכָּם֙ בְּרֹאשָׁ֣ם נָתַ֔תִּי נְאֻ֖ם אֲדֹנָ֥י יְהוִֽה
21 And to the heart of their detestable things, and their abominations, their meandering heart,
their way on their head I will assign. An oracle of my Lord Yahweh.
3c 4B 17
15
וַיִּשְׂא֤וּ הַכְּרוּבִים֙ אֶת־כַּנְפֵיהֶ֔ם וְהָאֽוֹפַנִּ֖ים לְעֻמָּתָ֑ם
וּכְב֧וֹד אֱלֹהֵֽי־יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל עֲלֵיהֶ֖ם מִלְמָֽעְלָה
22 And the cherubim lifted up their wings and the wheels with them,
and the glory of the God of Israel over them from the ascent.
3c 4C 19
14
וַיַּ֙עַל֙ כְּב֣וֹד יְהוָ֔ה מֵעַ֖ל תּ֣וֹךְ הָעִ֑יר
וַֽיַּעֲמֹד֙ עַל־הָהָ֔ר אֲשֶׁ֖ר מִקֶּ֥דֶם לָעִֽיר
23 And the glory of Yahweh ascended from above the centre of the city,
and it stood on the hill that is east of the city.
3e 4B 12
14
וְר֣וּחַ נְשָׂאַ֗תְנִי וַתְּבִיאֵ֤נִי כַשְׂדִּ֙ימָה֙ אֶל־הַגּוֹלָ֔ה בַּמַּרְאֶ֖ה בְּר֣וּחַ אֱלֹהִ֑ים
וַיַּ֙עַל֙ מֵֽעָלַ֔י הַמַּרְאֶ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר רָאִֽיתִי
24 And a spirit lifted me up and brought me towards Chaldea to the exiled in an appearance by the spirit of God,
and the appearance that I have seen ascended from me.
3e 4C 27
14
וָאֲדַבֵּ֖ר אֶל־הַגּוֹלָ֑ה
אֵ֛ת כָּל־דִּבְרֵ֥י יְהוָ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר הֶרְאָֽנִי
25 And I spoke to the exiled,
all the words of Yahweh that he had shown me.
3d 4A 8
11


No comments:

Post a Comment