Thursday 7 September 2017

Ezekiel 25

Vengeance. What next?

I must not forget my limited intent - to get through the reading, considering the underlay of the music. Let the reader then ponder the drama and its impact.

Ezekiel 25 Fn Min Max Syll
וַיְהִ֥י דְבַר־יְהוָ֖ה אֵלַ֥י לֵאמֹֽר 1 And the word of Yahweh happened to me, saying, 3e 3g 10
בֶּן־אָדָ֕ם שִׂ֥ים פָּנֶ֖יךָ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י עַמּ֑וֹן
וְהִנָּבֵ֖א עֲלֵיהֶֽם
2 Child of humanity, set your face to the children of Ammon,
and prophesy over them.
3e 4B 12
7
וְאָֽמַרְתָּ֙ לִבְנֵ֣י עַמּ֔וֹן שִׁמְע֖וּ דְּבַר־אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֑ה
כֹּה־אָמַ֣ר אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֡ה יַעַן֩ אָמְרֵ֨ךְ הֶאָ֜ח אֶל־מִקְדָּשִׁ֣י כִֽי־נִחָ֗ל וְאֶל־אַדְמַ֤ת יִשְׂרָאֵל֙ כִּ֣י נָשַׁ֔מָּה וְאֶל־בֵּ֣ית יְהוּדָ֔ה כִּ֥י הָלְכ֖וּ בַּגּוֹלָֽה
3 And you say concerning the children of Ammon, Hear the word of my Lord Yahweh,
Thus says my Lord Yahweh, Because you said, Aha, to my sanctuary when it was profaned, and to the ground of Israel when it was desolate, and to the house of Judah when they went into exile,
3e 4C 17
43
לָכֵ֡ן הִנְנִי֩ נֹתְנָ֨ךְ לִבְנֵי־קֶ֜דֶם לְמֽוֹרָשָׁ֗ה וְיִשְּׁב֤וּ טִירֽוֹתֵיהֶם֙ בָּ֔ךְ וְנָ֥תְנוּ בָ֖ךְ מִשְׁכְּנֵיהֶ֑ם
הֵ֚מָּה יֹאכְל֣וּ פִרְיֵ֔ךְ וְהֵ֖מָּה יִשְׁתּ֥וּ חֲלָבֵֽךְ
4 So note me well, I will consign you to the children of the east for a possession, and they will settle their domiciles among you, and they will position among you their dwellings.
They will eat your fruit and they will imbibe your milk.
3e 4C 29
14
וְנָתַתִּ֤י אֶת־רַבָּה֙ לִנְוֵ֣ה גְמַלִּ֔ים וְאֶת־בְּנֵ֥י עַמּ֖וֹן לְמִרְבַּץ־צֹ֑אן
וִֽידַעְתֶּ֖ם כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
5 And I will assign Rabbah to be a home of camels, and the children of Ammon to be a place of reclining sheep,
and you will know that I am Yahweh.
3e 4C 22
7
כִּ֣י כֹ֤ה אָמַר֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה יַ֚עַן מַחְאֲךָ֣ יָ֔ד וְרַקְעֲךָ֖ בְּרָ֑גֶל
וַתִּשְׂמַ֤ח בְּכָל־שָֽׁאטְךָ֙ בְּנֶ֔פֶשׁ אֶל־אַדְמַ֖ת יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
6 B For thus says my Lord Yahweh, Because you have clapped a hand, and expanded on foot,
and have been glad in all your selfish scourge against the ground of Israel,
3e 4C 22
17
לָכֵ֡ן הִנְנִי֩ נָטִ֨יתִי אֶת־יָדִ֜י עָלֶ֗יךָ וּנְתַתִּ֤יךָֽ־לְבַז֙ לַגּוֹיִ֔ם וְהִכְרַתִּ֙יךָ֙ מִן־הָ֣עַמִּ֔ים וְהַאֲבַדְתִּ֖יךָ מִן־הָאֲרָצ֑וֹת
אַשְׁמִ֣ידְךָ֔ וְיָדַעְתָּ֖ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
7 So note me well, I have stretched out my hand against you, and I will consign you to loot for the nations, and I will cut you off from the peoples, and I will make you perish from the lands.
I will exterminate you, and you will know that I am Yahweh.
3e 4C 42
11
כֹּ֥ה אָמַ֖ר אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֑ה
יַ֗עַן אֲמֹ֤ר מוֹאָב֙ וְשֵׂעִ֔יר הִנֵּ֥ה כְּכָֽל־הַגּוֹיִ֖ם בֵּ֥ית יְהוּדָֽה
8 f Thus says my Lord Yahweh,
Because Moab and Seir say, Behold, like all the nations is the house of Judah,
3e 4C 8
20
לָכֵן֩ הִנְנִ֨י פֹתֵ֜חַ אֶת־כֶּ֤תֶף מוֹאָב֙ מֵהֶ֣עָרִ֔ים מֵֽעָרָ֖יו מִקָּצֵ֑הוּ
צְבִ֗י אֶ֚רֶץ בֵּ֣ית הַיְשִׁימֹ֔ת בַּ֥עַל מְע֖וֹן וְקִרְיָתָֽיְמָה
9 So note me well, I will open the shoulder of Moab from the cities, from its city, from its frontier,
the estate of the land of the house of Hayshemot, Baal Meon and Qiryatima,
3e 4C 23
17
לִבְנֵי־קֶ֙דֶם֙ עַל־בְּנֵ֣י עַמּ֔וֹן וּנְתַתִּ֖יהָ לְמֽוֹרָשָׁ֑ה
לְמַ֛עַן לֹֽא־תִזָּכֵ֥ר בְּנֵֽי־עַמּ֖וֹן בַּגּוֹיִֽם
10 To the children of the east above the children of Ammon and I will give it for a possession,
so that the children of Ammon will not be remembered among the nations.
3d 4B 16
12
וּבְמוֹאָ֖ב אֶעֱשֶׂ֣ה שְׁפָטִ֑ים
וְיָדְע֖וּ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֽה
11 And in Moab I will do judgments,
and they will know that I am Yahweh.
3e 4B 9
7
כֹּ֤ה אָמַר֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה יַ֣עַן עֲשׂ֥וֹת אֱד֛וֹם בִּנְקֹ֥ם נָקָ֖ם לְבֵ֣ית יְהוּדָ֑ה
וַיֶּאְשְׁמ֥וּ אָשׁ֖וֹם וְנִקְּמ֥וּ בָהֶֽם
12 C Thus says my Lord Yahweh, Because Edom has dealt in vengeance, vengeance to the house of Judah,
and they are declared guilty, and they took revenge on them,
3d 4C 23
11
לָכֵ֗ן כֹּ֤ה אָמַר֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה וְנָטִ֤תִי יָדִי֙ עַל־אֱד֔וֹם וְהִכְרַתִּ֥י מִמֶּ֖נָּה אָדָ֣ם וּבְהֵמָ֑ה
וּנְתַתִּ֤יהָ חָרְבָּה֙ מִתֵּימָ֔ן וּדְדָ֖נֶה בַּחֶ֥רֶב יִפֹּֽלוּ
13 Therefore thus says my Lord Yahweh, I will stretch out my hand against Edom, and I will cut off from it human and beast,
and I will consign it to desert from Teman, and toward Dedan by the sword they will fall.
3e 4C 31
18
וְנָתַתִּ֨י אֶת־נִקְמָתִ֜י בֶּאֱד֗וֹם בְּיַד֙ עַמִּ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל וְעָשׂ֣וּ בֶאֱד֔וֹם כְּאַפִּ֖י וְכַחֲמָתִ֑י
וְיָֽדְעוּ֙ אֶת־נִקְמָתִ֔י נְאֻ֖ם אֲדֹנָ֥י יְהוִֽה
14 And I will permit my vengeance in Edom by the hand of my people Israel. And they will do in Edom according to my anger and according to my heat.
And they will know my vengeance, an oracle of my Lord Yahweh.
3e 4B 32
14
כֹּ֤ה אָמַר֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה יַ֛עַן עֲשׂ֥וֹת פְּלִשְׁתִּ֖ים בִּנְקָמָ֑ה
וַיִּנָּקְמ֤וּ נָקָם֙ בִּשְׁאָ֣ט בְּנֶ֔פֶשׁ לְמַשְׁחִ֖ית אֵיבַ֥ת עוֹלָֽם
15 C Thus says my Lord Yahweh, Because the Philistines have dealt by vengeance,
and have taken vengeance, vengeance by selfish scourge, to destroy an everlasting enemy,
3d 4C 18
18
לָכֵ֗ן כֹּ֤ה אָמַר֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יְהוִ֔ה הִנְנִ֨י נוֹטֶ֤ה יָדִי֙ עַל־פְּלִשְׁתִּ֔ים וְהִכְרַתִּ֖י אֶת־כְּרֵתִ֑ים
וְהַ֣אֲבַדְתִּ֔י אֶת־שְׁאֵרִ֖ית ח֥וֹף הַיָּֽם
16 Therefore thus says my Lord Yahweh, Behold me stretching out my hand against the Philistines, and I will cut off those who cut off,
and I will eliminate what is still here of the seaport.
3e 4C 28
12
וְעָשִׂ֤יתִי בָם֙ נְקָמ֣וֹת גְּדֹל֔וֹת בְּתוֹכְח֖וֹת חֵמָ֑ה
וְיָֽדְעוּ֙ כִּֽי־אֲנִ֣י יְהוָ֔ה בְּתִתִּ֥י אֶת־נִקְמָתִ֖י בָּֽם
17 So I will deal great vengeance in them with heated corrections,
and they will know that I am Yahweh when I permit my vengeance in them.
3e 4C 16
15


No comments:

Post a Comment