Saturday 13 May 2017

Ezekiel 2

From a long chapter to a short one. I continue to encounter concordance challenges. There are simply more distinct words in the domain of trouble-grief in Hebrew than in English, so I am forced to double up on similar sounding ones. Equally there seem to be more in the domain of thorns and thistles than I can find in English. So here I have pricks for סרב (close to prickle סיר) and spurs (סלה). When all is complete, there will remain plenty of critical analysis of decisions taken over a 15 year period.

Ezekiel 2 Fn Min Max Syll
וַיֹּ֖אמֶר אֵלָ֑י
בֶּן־אָדָם֙ עֲמֹ֣ד עַל־רַגְלֶ֔יךָ וַאֲדַבֵּ֖ר אֹתָֽךְ
1 And he said to me,
Child of humanity, stand on your feet, and I will speak to you.
3e 4B 5
15
וַתָּ֧בֹא בִ֣י ר֗וּחַ כַּֽאֲשֶׁר֙ דִּבֶּ֣ר אֵלַ֔י וַתַּעֲמִדֵ֖נִי עַל־רַגְלָ֑י
וָאֶשְׁמַ֕ע אֵ֖ת מִדַּבֵּ֥ר אֵלָֽי
2 And spirit entered into me as he was speaking to me, and she stood me on my feet,
and I heard speaking to me.
3c 4B 22
9
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלַ֗י בֶּן־אָדָם֙ שׁוֹלֵ֨חַ אֲנִ֤י אֽוֹתְךָ֙ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל אֶל־גּוֹיִ֥ם הַמּוֹרְדִ֖ים אֲשֶׁ֣ר מָרְדוּ־בִ֑י
הֵ֤מָּה וַאֲבוֹתָם֙ פָּ֣שְׁעוּ בִ֔י עַד־עֶ֖צֶם הַיּ֥וֹם הַזֶּֽה
3 that said to me, Child of humanity, I am sending you to the children of Israel, to nations in mutiny, that mutiny against me.
They and their ancestors have transgressed against me until this selfsame day.
3e 4C 32
16
וְהַבָּנִ֗ים קְשֵׁ֤י פָנִים֙ וְחִזְקֵי־לֵ֔ב אֲנִ֛י שׁוֹלֵ֥חַ אוֹתְךָ֖ אֲלֵיהֶ֑ם
וְאָמַרְתָּ֣ אֲלֵיהֶ֔ם כֹּ֥ה אָמַ֖ר אֲדֹנָ֥י יְהֹוִֽה
4 And the children are intransigent of face and resolute of heart. I am sending you to them.
And you say to them, Thus says my Lord Yahweh.
3d 4C 22
16
וְהֵ֙מָּה֙ אִם־יִשְׁמְע֣וּ וְאִם־יֶחְדָּ֔לוּ כִּ֛י בֵּ֥ית מְרִ֖י הֵ֑מָּה
וְיָ֣דְע֔וּ כִּ֥י נָבִ֖יא הָיָ֥ה בְתוֹכָֽם
5 And they, if they hear or if they refrain, (for a house of provocation they are),
yet they will know that there was a prophet among them.
3d 4B 18
11
וְאַתָּ֣ה בֶן־אָ֠דָם אַל־תִּירָ֨א מֵהֶ֜ם וּמִדִּבְרֵיהֶ֣ם אַל־תִּירָ֗א כִּ֣י סָרָבִ֤ים וְסַלּוֹנִים֙ אוֹתָ֔ךְ וְאֶל־עַקְרַבִּ֖ים אַתָּ֣ה יוֹשֵׁ֑ב
מִדִּבְרֵיהֶ֤ם אַל־תִּירָא֙ וּמִפְּנֵיהֶ֣ם אַל־תֵּחָ֔ת כִּ֛י בֵּ֥ית מְרִ֖י הֵֽמָּה
6 And you, child of humanity, do not fear them, and from their words do not fear, when pricks and spurs are with you and on scorpions you sit.
From their words do not fear, nor from their faces be in disarray, for a house of provocation they are.
3d 4C 38
20
וְדִבַּרְתָּ֤ אֶת־דְּבָרַי֙ אֲלֵיהֶ֔ם אִֽם־יִשְׁמְע֖וּ וְאִם־יֶחְדָּ֑לוּ
כִּ֥י מְרִ֖י הֵֽמָּה
7 And speak my words to them, if they hear or if they refrain,
for provocative they are.
3e 4C 20
5
וְאַתָּ֣ה בֶן־אָדָ֗ם שְׁמַע֙ אֵ֤ת אֲשֶׁר־אֲנִי֙ מְדַבֵּ֣ר אֵלֶ֔יךָ אַל־תְּהִי־מֶ֖רִי כְּבֵ֣ית הַמֶּ֑רִי
פְּצֵ֣ה פִ֔יךָ וֶאֱכֹ֕ל אֵ֥ת אֲשֶׁר־אֲנִ֖י נֹתֵ֥ן אֵלֶֽיךָ
8 And you, child of humanity, hear what I speak to you.
You be not provocative, as the house of provocation. Set free your mouth and eat what I give to you.
3e 4C 28
17
וָאֶרְאֶ֕ה וְהִנֵּה־יָ֖ד שְׁלוּחָ֣ה אֵלָ֑י
וְהִנֵּה־ב֖וֹ מְגִלַּת־סֵֽפֶר
9 And I saw, and behold, a hand was sent to me,
and behold in it, a scroll of a book.
3e 4B 12
9
וַיִּפְרֹ֤שׂ אוֹתָהּ֙ לְפָנַ֔י וְהִ֥יא כְתוּבָ֖ה פָּנִ֣ים וְאָח֑וֹר
וְכָת֣וּב אֵלֶ֔יהָ קִנִ֥ים וָהֶ֖גֶה וָהִֽי
10 And he spread it before me, and it was written facing and from behind,
and written on it were dirges, and muttering, and moaning.
3e 4C 18
13


No comments:

Post a Comment