Friday 7 April 2017

Song 3

There were all sorts of minor punctuation errors in the earlier posts on this book. The remaining chapters will appear over the next 3 weeks without commentary.
Song 3 Fn Min Max Syll
עַל־מִשְׁכָּבִי֙ בַּלֵּיל֔וֹת בִּקַּ֕שְׁתִּי אֵ֥ת שֶׁאָהֲבָ֖ה נַפְשִׁ֑י
בִּקַּשְׁתִּ֖יו וְלֹ֥א מְצָאתִֽיו
1 On my lying down in the nights I sought the one who is my love.
I sought him and did not find him.
3e 4A 17
8
אָק֨וּמָה נָּ֜א וַאֲסוֹבְבָ֣ה בָעִ֗יר בַּשְּׁוָקִים֙ וּבָ֣רְחֹב֔וֹת אֲבַקְשָׁ֕ה אֵ֥ת שֶׁאָהֲבָ֖ה נַפְשִׁ֑י
בִּקַּשְׁתִּ֖יו וְלֹ֥א מְצָאתִֽיו
2 ~ I will arise now and go round about in the city, in the lanes and in the plazas. I will seek that one who is my love.
I sought him and did not find him.
3e 4B 27
8
מְצָא֙וּנִי֙ הַשֹּׁ֣מְרִ֔ים הַסֹּבְבִ֖ים בָּעִ֑יר
אֵ֛ת שֶׁאָהֲבָ֥ה נַפְשִׁ֖י רְאִיתֶֽם
3 They found me, the keepers, going round about in the city.
That one who is my love, did you see?
3d 4B 12
10
כִּמְעַט֙ שֶׁעָבַ֣רְתִּי מֵהֶ֔ם עַ֣ד שֶֽׁמָּצָ֔אתִי אֵ֥ת שֶׁאָהֲבָ֖ה נַפְשִׁ֑י
אֲחַזְתִּיו֙ וְלֹ֣א אַרְפֶּ֔נּוּ עַד־שֶׁ֤הֲבֵיאתִיו֙ אֶל־בֵּ֣ית אִמִּ֔י וְאֶל־חֶ֖דֶר הוֹרָתִֽי
4 It was a little after that I had passed from them, till I found that one who is my love.
I held him fast and would not slacken with him till I had brought him to the house of my mother, and to the room where she was implanted with me.
3e 4C 20
24
הִשְׁבַּ֨עְתִּי אֶתְכֶ֜ם בְּנ֤וֹת יְרוּשָׁלִַ֙ם֙ בִּצְבָא֔וֹת א֖וֹ בְּאַיְל֣וֹת הַשָּׂדֶ֑ה
אִם־תָּעִ֧ירוּ ׀ וְֽאִם־תְּעֽוֹרְר֛וּ אֶת־הָאַהֲבָ֖ה עַ֥ד שֶׁתֶּחְפָּֽץ
5 I have adjured you, daughters of Jerusalem, by the hosts of gazelle or by the hart of the field,
if you rouse or if you arouse this love till it delight.
3c 4C 21
18
מִ֣י זֹ֗את עֹלָה֙ מִן־הַמִּדְבָּ֔ר כְּתִֽימֲר֖וֹת עָשָׁ֑ן
מְקֻטֶּ֤רֶת מוֹר֙ וּלְבוֹנָ֔ה מִכֹּ֖ל אַבְקַ֥ת רוֹכֵֽל
6 B Who is this ascending from the wilderness like fronds of smoke,
from incense of myrrh and frankincense, from all powders of trading.
3e 4C 14
14
הִנֵּ֗ה מִטָּתוֹ֙ שֶׁלִּשְׁלֹמֹ֔ה שִׁשִּׁ֥ים גִּבֹּרִ֖ים סָבִ֣יב לָ֑הּ
מִגִּבֹּרֵ֖י יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
7 Behold his couch, that of Solomon, sixty valiant ones around it,
from the valiant of Israel.
3e 4B 17
7
כֻּלָּם֙ אֲחֻ֣זֵי חֶ֔רֶב מְלֻמְּדֵ֖י מִלְחָמָ֑ה
אִ֤ישׁ חַרְבּוֹ֙ עַל־יְרֵכ֔וֹ מִפַּ֖חַד בַּלֵּילּֽוֹת
8 All of them grasping a sword, expert in war,
each his sword on his thigh, from dread in the nights.
3e 4C 13
13
אַפִּרְי֗וֹן עָ֤שָׂה לוֹ֙ הַמֶּ֣לֶךְ שְׁלֹמֹ֔ה מֵעֲצֵ֖י הַלְּבָנֽוֹן 9 A palanquin he constructed for himself, the king Solomon, from the trees of Lebanon. 3e 4C 18
עַמּוּדָיו֙ עָ֣שָׂה כֶ֔סֶף רְפִידָת֣וֹ זָהָ֔ב מֶרְכָּב֖וֹ אַרְגָּמָ֑ן
תּוֹכוֹ֙ רָצ֣וּף אַהֲבָ֔ה מִבְּנ֖וֹת יְרוּשָׁלִָֽם
10 Its pillars he constructed of silver, its outspread of gold, its chariot purple,
its centre tessellated with love, daughters of Jerusalem.
3e 4B 19
13
צְאֶ֧ינָה ׀ וּֽרְאֶ֛ינָה בְּנ֥וֹת צִיּ֖וֹן בַּמֶּ֣לֶךְ שְׁלֹמֹ֑ה
בָּעֲטָרָ֗ה שֶׁעִטְּרָה־לּ֤וֹ אִמּוֹ֙ בְּי֣וֹם חֲתֻנָּת֔וֹ וּבְי֖וֹם שִׂמְחַ֥ת לִבּֽוֹ ס
11 Go forth and see, daughters of Zion, on the king Solomon,
the crown that his mother crowned him with on the day he is bridegroom, and on the day of the gladness in his heart. S
3c 4C 16
23


No comments:

Post a Comment