Saturday 11 February 2012

Psalm 19 setting of the text finished

I have spent more than a month figuring out an accompaniment for my text of Psalm 19 - what a lesson in space and counterpoint! I had help as noted in the dedication on the pdf. David Stratkauskas, Organist and Choir Director from St John the Divine, Victoria BC gave me some lessons in composing accompaniment. Jerry Mcdonald and the St Barnabas choir have been through several versions with great patience and hopefulness. What a crew! The workshop experience was invaluable.

If you want to perform this music March 11 when Psalm 19 is part of the common lectionary (or whenever), please let me know. All you need is a unison choir, an organist, and someone to play the flute.

I tried embedding the mp3 but it started and restarted and there were no controls - its sound was everywhere in canon with itself. quite funny. Obviously it is not a trivial task to get the embed code right.

Trying again... added some html

hmmm - at least there's silence while I am typing.

  and removed it  Not sure of the above - so ...

trying again



No comments:

Post a Comment