Wednesday 22 September 2010

Dew on the Grass

Dew on the Grass
sparkles like hope
and then is gone

Raking the dew in the morning

Not so fast - dew on the grass leaves a residue that encourages fungus and destroys the beauty of the quad - so it must be disturbed every morning.

Morning frames the psalter also - Psalms 5 and 143

הַשְׁמִיעֵנִי בַבֹּקֶר חַסְדֶּךָ
כִּי בְךָ בָטָחְתִּי
הוֹדִיעֵנִי דֶּרֶךְ זוּ אֵלֵךְ
כִּי אֵלֶיךָ נָשָׂאתִי נַפְשִׁי
143:8hàshmy`ény bàboqr xàsdeka
ky bka ba+axty
hvody`ény derek zvu )élék
ky )éleyka nasa)ty nàpshy
Make me hear in the morning your loving kindness
for in you is my trust
make me know this way to walk
for to you I lift up my being
יְהוָה בֹּקֶר
 תִּשְׁמַע קוֹלִי
בֹּקֶר אֶעֱרָךְ לְךָ
וַאֲצַפֶּה
5:4yy boqr
tishmà` qvoly
boqr )e`rak lka
và)acàpeh
יְהוָה, morning
you will hear my voice
Morning I will set forth to you
and I will be observant


No comments:

Post a Comment