Monday 27 September 2010

Another blogger on the Psalms Conference

Phil Sumpter at Narrative and Ontology has posted on the conference. It looks like we're it for comments following this event. I am now up to 13 posts and I expect at least another 10 - I spent the afternoon in the University library boning up on the Qumran psalms so I will have a bit more meat on the bones of the few verses that I have yet to share from that handout. Besides these verses from Qumran (most of which are interesting but not news) also still to come are

  • Theodicy and the Psalms, 
  • perhaps another post on Chagall, 
  • Liturgical Psalms in medieval Europe, 
  • Susan Gillingham's reception history and 
  • Jonathan Magonet's response, 
  • Klaus Seybold on the History of the Psalter as a book,
  • a post on translating poetry
  • graduate abstracts and
  • Hossfeld's wrapup - which has some good words

That's 9 + 1 - not a bad guess. I am enjoying Cambridge and almost feel like a student again. But I have not had to pass an exam or write a paper for over 40 years, so it doesn't really count. I only have had to stay in business, one which hopefully continues as I enjoy my holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment